Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Aleks Emelianenko Still Claims to Be Healthy, and He Doesn’t Care What You’ve Heard

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,881-1,084
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
You might be wondering to yourself, what ever became of Aleks after he was kicked off the Affliction event amid rumors that he may or may not have Hepatitis B? Well don’t worry. According to Aleks, it was all just a paperwork issue, as he explains to The Fight Network:

“I came late, couldn’t get my Visa in time and I was not allowed to fight. I’m healthy.”

That’s weird, because just last week M-1’s Raimond Joost said you had “medical issues.” Granted, he also expressed optimism that they could be resolved, but he sure as hell didn’t try and chalk the whole thing up to Visa troubles. Not to mention, if it was just a paperwork snafu, why would the CSAC’s Bill Douglas say this:

“The one thing that I can absolutely say is that he (Emelianenko) was not and will not be cleared to fight in California. He is officially denied a license and that will stand for all of the United States of America.”

Aleks, I’m getting the sneaking suspicion that you are lying to us, and doing a really bad job of it. Couldn’t you at least think of something more plausible? The strangest comment of the interview, however, was this one:

“I have never taken painkillers, I am healthy, and I am preparing for my next fight.”

We have no idea what question he is answering here, because The Fight Network doesn’t tell us, but I’d like to assume it was something along the lines of, ‘how are you doing?’ I know that’s how I usually answer that question. I start by denying accusations that have not yet been made, then launch right into what I’ve been up to. You should try it. Really puts you on a whole new level of intimacy with the checker at the supermarket.

LINK

Post #1   10/22/08 1:11:18AM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
I forget where the January 24th Affliction show is being held, but if its not in California, then shouldn't Aleks be scheduled to fight?? Unless he really does have Hep, which if so, it probably came from all the tats he got in prison....

Post #2   10/22/08 11:01:53AM