Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brock Lesnar on ESPN's "E:60" today

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,573
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Former World Wrestling Entertainment champion turned UFC heavyweight contender Brock Lesnar will be featured during tonight's "E:60" episode on ESPN.

The newsmagazine show premieres at 7 p.m. ET.

Lesnar, who debuted earlier this year with a loss to former UFC champion Frank Mir, meets current heavyweight title-holder Randy Couture next month at UFC 91 -- an event UFC President Dana White predicts could be one of the organization's biggest ever.

The "E:60" piece will look at Lesnar's path from a high school state wrestling champion to a WWE superstar to an NFL hopeful to UFC contender. Lesnar also talks to E:60 correspondent Tom Farrey about his battle with alcohol and painkiller addiction.

Lesnar (2-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC), 31, made his UFC debut in February at UFC 81. Although he dominated the fight for all but a few seconds, he suffered a first-round submission loss (via kneebar) to Mir. However, he rebounded in August and scored a dominating unanimous-decision victory over Heath Herring at UFC 87 in August. Next month he fights for the title against Couture, the 45-year-old UFC hall-of-famer who returns from a 13-month layoff due to a contract dispute.

Link

Post #1   10/21/08 9:56:34AM   

Gweedo

Banned

Gweedo Avatar

Career:304-188
Chips:
Brock beats Randy in the 2nd by tko. Randy had trouble with grapplers that were bigger and I see this as no different.

Post #2   10/21/08 10:00:55AM   

kasual

MMA Regular

kasual Avatar

Career:353-201
Camp: HERO SQUAD
Chips:
I see Randy as a much smarter fighter than he was then. Better training staff, he's got Shane Carwin to get an idea of the size. I see Randy coming with a gameplan to take Brock into some deep water, championship round time and really test. Maybe he gets the UD I could also see him submitting Brock in some sort of leglock or even a TKO. I know that punch that sent Herring flying was impressive but we have yet to see any real technical prowess, I mean he couldn't capitalize on that shot. Of course there is always the chance Brock hits Randy with one quality shot or a barrage of GnP and puts him away. I just like Randy's chances in this one.

Post #3   10/21/08 12:25:00PM