Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Bodog

Print  
Posted By Message

shocktek

Learning to Sprawl

shocktek Avatar

Career:195-120
Chips:
I searced but couldnt really find my answer. Are the Bodog, Elite, and other smaller orgs evens going to be up for picks or just Pride and UFC? The more fight the better is my motto.

Post #1   3/8/07 9:38:49PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
Right now it looks like picks will only be for UFC/PRIDE but maybe in the future other organizations will be added. I would also love to have picks for smaller orgs.

Post #2   3/8/07 9:56:56PM   

DCBooks

Learning to Sprawl

DCBooks Avatar

Career:113-61
Chips:

Posted by shocktek

I searced but couldnt really find my answer. Are the Bodog, Elite, and other smaller orgs evens going to be up for picks or just Pride and UFC? The more fight the better is my motto.

i agree that the more fights the better, but for a prolonged competition, it's hard to have everyone get their picks in for smaller shows. Pride and the UFC are tops for now.

I love IFL and Bodog, but the logistics of 2-4 more events per month would make particpation dwindle.

Last edited 3/11/07 10:49AM server time by dcbooks
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   3/11/07 10:49:10AM   

migo

MMA Regular

migo Avatar

Career:11-12
Chips:
Bodog PPVs happen fairly infrequently, I don't see a good reason not to include them. The fights are also available for free on the website, so even people who don't plan on watching the PPV have good information to go on for their predictions.

Cage Rage would also be nice to get in.

Pride is the big one in Asia, UFC is big in North America, Cage Rage is big in Europe. I think considering the next Cage Rage will be shown on free TV in Europe, it's reasonable to include. That means there's about 15 million people who have better exposure to Cage Rage than to UFC.

Elite definitely shouldn't be in there, only people in Western Canada really care about it.

Bodog and Cage Rage should definitely be added though.

Post #4   3/11/07 7:55:44PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
cage rage and IFL imo.
let bodog get a little more exposure in europe (western europe)

Post #5   3/12/07 9:04:32PM   

migo

MMA Regular

migo Avatar

Career:11-12
Chips:
Bodog has more exposure than any show out there - anyone with an internet connection can watch it. On this website it's perfectly reasonable to include Bodog because anyone who would play here obviously has access to Bodog, moreso than UFC and Pride. I don't have TV, so I can't legitimately watch UFC or Pride (not that it stops me, but I'm just saying...)

Post #6   3/13/07 10:41:47PM   

TVDog

Learning to Sprawl

TVDog Avatar

Career:140-77
Camp: Lethal Wrestling
Chips:
Why not add Bodog and the IFL for now and then WEC when it debuts on Versus? More stuff to pick and bet on means MORE AKSHUN!!!

Post #7   3/17/07 11:05:43PM   

teamquestnorth

Standup Guy

teamquestnorth Avatar

Career:806-570
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
ifl and bodog should definately be on here and maybe elite xc ifa and when it gets a few more events under its belt. call me crazy but i want to bet on lindland vs fedor but i cant thats bs

Post #8   3/19/07 2:19:48PM