Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Pete Sell seeks redemption at UFC 90

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,028-1,165
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
In an organization that often will release a fighter after a single loss, Pete Sell (7-4) has survived four-straight UFC defeats.

But as Sell recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), his bout with Josh Burkman at Saturday night's "UFC 90: Silva vs. Cote" offers a chance to erase three years of frustration.

"[A win would] mean everything to me," Sell said. "Throw me a freaking bone here, man."

Sell won his first six professional bouts, including his debut for the organization in 2005 at UFC 51. After earning a submission victory over Phil Baroni, Sell would then lose his next four bouts in the UFC -- to Scott Smith, Thales Leites and twice to Nate Quarry.

Sell's last bout was in September of 2007, and "Drago" said he has changed with the time off.

"It was just a lot of down time," Sell said. "A lot of time reflecting on my life and the direction I'm going.

"I'm going for the gusto. I'm going to try and make it with this fight game. To me you've got to either do this 100 percent or you're not. I want to put in all my time, training three times a day, and really do it for real. I don't want to do it half-ass."

Sell admits that hasn't always been the case.

LINK

Post #1   10/20/08 1:26:08PM