Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 89: Bisping vs. Leben Official Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

Print  
  Page 12 of 13   <<   9     10     11     12     13  
Posted By Message

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i hope they don't ban DvS because i just veat him in an avatar bet. went 9-2, 84 points.

Post #166   10/18/08 6:36:29PM   

npayant

I've gained some weight...

npayant Avatar

Career:1,859-934
Chips:

Posted by DvS

"And Leben gets screwed just like Hamill did, wonderful. Good job judges"

Ok, let's look at the facts here, this will without a doubt tell you that Leben won that fight

Leben smarter fighter, very calculated
Leben aggressor, always moving towards/into Bisping
Leben has Bisping on the run multiple times
Leben landing more shots, punches and kicks
Leben escaped all of Bispings attempts for a takedown or clinch
Leben scored only takedown of the fight
Leben controlled him from that point
Leben used octagon control
Leben made Bisping look like a fool and Bisping couldn't even KO him with free punches/kicks

Bisping had NO takedowns during the actual rounds, he did not land as many shots in anyway like Leben did, he took no chances when it came to being the aggressor, and he basically plain and simply ran from Leben the majority of the fight. You can't deny any of that.

Leben won.

This is some of the funniest $h!t I've read all day!!!!!!!!

Last edited 10/18/08 6:38PM server time by npayant
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #167   10/18/08 6:37:03PM   

DvS

MMA Regular

DvS Avatar

Career:32-26
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
I don't know why all of you are so quick to go with the judges and not question a thing they do

Post #168   10/18/08 6:41:33PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
That's cool. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

In my opinion Bisping landed the majority of punches and did the majority of damage. You can't always go by looks, but damn Leben's face was busted up.

Depending upon the judging, the fight could go either way. If you base the majority of your score on aggressiveness I could see it being scored for Leben. If you base a majority of your score on strikes landed then I think you go with Bisping.

How about we let cooler heads prevail and step away from our computers fr a bit lol. No one wnts to get banned for saying things in the heat of the moment and everyone has a very strong opinion (especially directly after a fight). Let it go for now, talk about the fight later when we're all a little less hyped up

Post #169   10/18/08 6:45:10PM   

npayant

I've gained some weight...

npayant Avatar

Career:1,859-934
Chips:

Posted by DvS

I don't know why all of you are so quick to go with the judges and not question a thing they do

Hey, I'm usually the first one to question the judges!!

BUT not in this case. Bisping clearing won that fight (at least 29-28, but I could see a person giving him 30-27). He did more damage overall and landed more clean shots... Leben was just plain wild.

It seems like you're the only one thinking otherwise... I don't want to be a jerk, but could that be because Leben is one of your Fav. fighters and you picked him to win?!?

Post #170   10/18/08 6:46:23PM   

DvS

MMA Regular

DvS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by npayant

Posted by DvS

Hey, I'm usually the first one to question the judges!!

BUT not in this case. Bisping clearing won that fight (at least 29-28, but I could see a person giving him 30-27). He did more damage overall and landed more clean shots... Leben was just plain wild.

It seems like you're the only one thinking otherwise... I don't want to be a jerk, but could that be because Leben is one of your Fav. fighters and you picked him to win?!?

I went in to the fight with no bias, honestly. I went into it looking forward to what each of them would do. I had no expectations or anything from the opening bell to the end of the fight. I watched it and enjoyed every minute... Until that decision. But as I said in another thread in the UFC section, maybe when I watch it on a big clear TV tonight it will all be different and I might see things differently. Now I know what to look for in Bisping. I will be paying attention what he does this time around

Last edited 10/18/08 6:48PM server time by dvs

Post #171   10/18/08 6:48:07PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,015
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by DvS

Probably because i watched the fight live !!

Leben never came close to win this fight, the judges were right on perfectly, specially the 2 who were having 30-27.

It is not because Leben didn't get KO that he won the fight , he lost by being completely out boxed !!

move on man, you lost and it was not a bad call by the judges .

Last edited 10/18/08 6:52PM server time by tuvok500

Post #172   10/18/08 6:51:20PM   

DvS

MMA Regular

DvS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by DvS

Probably because i watched the fight live !!

Leben never came close to win this fight, the judges were right on perfectly, specially the 2 who were having 30-27.

It is not because Leben didn't get KO that he won the fight , he lost by being completely out boxed !!

move on man, you lost and it was not a bad call by the judges .

I'll decide if I want to drop it after I see it on the "Tele" tonight

Post #173   10/18/08 6:53:23PM   

DustinT

MMA Regular

DustinT Avatar

Career:1,577-863
Camp: The MMA Army
Chips:
when are the scores updated on the site here?
didnt do as well as i hoped....still not bad though. curious to see if i moved in the rankings much.

are they waiting until its aired on tv on the west coast to avoid spoiling it for others?

Post #174   10/18/08 6:54:45PM   

DvS

MMA Regular

DvS Avatar

Chips:
After it is shown on Spike here in the US I would imagine

Post #175   10/18/08 6:57:30PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
Dude everyone has the right to their own opinion, just dont act like yours are facts, because, well, they arent!

Post #176   10/18/08 7:08:16PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
I vote for banning dvs . Clearly a troll or just plain He doesn't chose to make picks for his record (most likely afraid of looking even more ) DVS try sherdog, plenty of your kind around there.

Post #177   10/18/08 7:13:14PM   

DvS

MMA Regular

DvS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

I vote for banning dvs . Clearly a troll or just plain He doesn't chose to make picks for his record (most likely afraid of looking even more ) DVS try sherdog, plenty of your kind around there.

Why? Just because I think Leben won a fight that I couldn't even see clearly because it was some shitty stream? It's my opinion

Don't pull that Sherdog shit on me, I haven't been on there before and never will be. I just gave you a whole thread of Results/Discussion, I just spent the last few hours of my life dedicated to the event only. I don't see anything I did wrong here besides trying to better the forum and bring information and opportunity of discussion to everybody on it. That's such a bad thing isn't it

Point being, I will like whoever I want and I will think whatever I want, it's people like you who make me not want to think of Bisping in a good way, because basically everyone who likes him overexaggerates about him and are serious fanboys. I don't know what position you think you are in to say when somebody should or should not be banned

Last edited 10/18/08 7:17PM server time by dvs

Post #178   10/18/08 7:16:36PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
Dont you wonder why every single person in this thread has disagreed with you ? Don't you wonder why leben nodded and clapped his hands in agreement at the announcement of the decision? I'm glad you dont work for any athletic commisions.

Post #179   10/18/08 7:22:43PM   

DvS

MMA Regular

DvS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Dont you wonder why every single person in this thread has disagreed with you ? Don't you wonder why leben nodded and clapped his hands in agreement at the announcement of the decision? I'm glad you dont work for any athletic commisions.

No, I don't recall that. Maybe because I turned off the stream after Buffer said UD for Bisping out of frustration

I could careless if people disagree with me, it's my opinion and i'm sticking to it, until at least tonight that is. I'm going to give the fight another shot and see what I think of it then, this time I will be paying more attention to Bisping and what he does and see what I think

Everybody scores fights differently, you can't please everybody, not everybody see's fights the same way as everybody else, fact

Last edited 10/18/08 7:25PM server time by dvs

Post #180   10/18/08 7:25:33PM   

Page 12 of 13   <<   9     10     11     12     13