Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Frank Mir towards Roli Delgado

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
From what I saw from the clips from next week's show, Frank Mir was being very disrespectful to Roli. Frank came off as a pretty nice guy throughout the first few weeks of the show, but from the clip it looks like Junie said something about Roli's blackbelt in Jiu-Jitsu was not credible, and Frank Mir was just fueling the fire.

Just interested to know what you guys think, and if anyone has any information on who Delgado is a blackbelt under?

Post #1   10/16/08 10:14:12AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
All I've found so far is that he's the co-owner of Little Rock’s Westside Kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and at 15 started training there under co-owner Matt Hamilton. The article I read said he's a BJJ black belt but I couldn't find anything more.

Edit: Found a little more...according to the website of his gym, Westside Kickboxing & BJJ, he did receive his BJJ black belt this year in Maceio, Brazil. From who I don't know though, tried looking up other sites with his profile but can't get to them (one might be an attack site and I can't risk messing up my work PC).

Last edited 10/16/08 10:27AM server time by DCRage
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   10/16/08 10:24:17AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DCRage

All I've found so far is that he's the co-owner of Little Rock’s Westside Kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and at 15 started training there under co-owner Matt Hamilton. The article I read said he's a BJJ black belt but I couldn't find anything more.

Yeah, I was searching last night, and to no avail. Thanks for the help though.

Post #3   10/16/08 10:25:55AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,573
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Gracie Barra

Black Belt testing - 1/2

Black Belt testing - 2/2

Post #4   10/16/08 10:34:14AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Gracie Barra

Black Belt testing - 1/2

Black Belt testing - 2/2

Nice find, I'll have to watch them when I get out of this class.

Post #5   10/16/08 10:51:33AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
well im sure frank mir could be alittle disrespectful, because he was with the whole prank thing.

Team mir showed no respect to Big Nog, i mean the guys in the house are adults like grow up and stop doing childish crap.

But from what i saw in the previews it looks like a good fight between roli and junie, so i dont think junie runs through this guy.

Post #6   10/16/08 11:16:17AM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
i hope mir keeps pissing nog off, it will only make their fight all the more sweeter when he realizes he isnt on nog's level

Post #7   10/16/08 11:20:06AM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
Getting a black belt in anything is an accomplisment, regardless of the style and who you got it from...unless your gene simco.....and a gracie barra one is one of the more prestigous ones in the sport....that being said tho, the quality of teaching and who you recieve it from and who you surround yourself with at your school, factors in on the respectibility level....just cuz its gracie barra does not mean roli is world beater in the sport...i cant tell whos giving it to him, could be carlos gracie jr himself or could be someone only people in that school know of, but there are gracie barra affiliates all over like they were mcdonalds....ive seen some schools out there (not refering to gracie barras) that have theyre head instructors at a purple or brown belt level, handing out black belts..... so who knows what kind of black belt level he actually is....and if the information isnt as readily availalbe as others, then usually is on more the subpar end of the black belt spectrum.....it is an accomplisment irregardless, but at the end of the day kevin burns choked out roan canerio and cole miller choked out jorge gurgel....ya'll pickin up what im throwing down?

Post #8   10/16/08 11:31:00AM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
Yeah the pranks were childish, but none of them were dangerous... the itching powder and sardine juice were harmless. Personally i think Nog was overreacting a bit. Yes it is important for him and Stankie to come through and say ya know lets not escalate this too far, but i agree with most of Team Mir for just ignoring it all together. I don't agree with the way they were talking to Nog, it did seem a little disrespectful but like Team Mir said, i don't remember who (who ever fought), does Efrain need his momma to come and tell them to stop picking on him. On another note waht is the deal with that one guy one Team Mir who takes everything DEATHLY seriously, that guy needs to chill out. (Vinny was his name?)

Post #9   10/16/08 11:33:22AM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:

Posted by bullettdodger

On another note waht is the deal with that one guy one Team Mir who takes everything DEATHLY seriously, that guy needs to chill out. (Vinny was his name?)

i dont know but he has the swagger of a top fighter, but we all know how much that means when u enter the cage

nog is way too nice a guy.....i wish everyone that didnt listen to him had to roll w/ him for 5-10 minutes in the octagon

Post #10   10/16/08 11:39:04AM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,311-1,280
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
From the 3 second clip it looked like an interrogation, like he was really putting him on the spot. But the editors love to do that. It could turn into nothing, or Roli could turn out to whoop major ass on the show. I've given up trying to pick out who the "next Anderson Silva" is and who looks like a chump.

They wouldn't have a show if they showed who is the best and who is the worst right from the start.

Post #11   10/16/08 3:26:33PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by bullettdodger

Yeah the pranks were childish, but none of them were dangerous... the itching powder and sardine juice were harmless. Personally i think Nog was overreacting a bit. Yes it is important for him and Stankie to come through and say ya know lets not escalate this too far, but i agree with most of Team Mir for just ignoring it all together. I don't agree with the way they were talking to Nog, it did seem a little disrespectful but like Team Mir said, i don't remember who (who ever fought), does Efrain need his momma to come and tell them to stop picking on him. On another note waht is the deal with that one guy one Team Mir who takes everything DEATHLY seriously, that guy needs to chill out. (Vinny was his name?)

wow you pretty much read my mind

btw, the guy you are referring to is Vinny (Vinicius Magalhaes). he actually does have a lot of skills, for example he defeated Eliiot in a BJJ not too long ago

Post #12   10/16/08 6:36:57PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

wow you pretty much read my mind

btw, the guy you are referring to is Vinny (Vinicius Magalhaes). he actually does have a lot of skills, for example he defeated Eliiot in a BJJ not too long ago

Yeah the like CADR said before me the guy deff. has the swagger of a guy who knows how to handle someone, but skills or not he needs to learn to take a joke... or hes going to be really stressed

Post #13   10/16/08 7:11:22PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I thought the pranks were really out of line because of this fact. Efrain had a fight the next day. Maybe he comes into the fight exhausted because he's losing sleep, because some idiot decided to play a prank. Seriously, I don't think the other fighters put that into perspective that they could essentially be sabotaging another fighter. Nog showed up to the house because that's the way he saw itto. That's his figter, and he wants to give him the best chance to win.

If Roli got his black belt at Gracie Barra then it's the real deal and Frank looks lie a fool questioning it. The more of this season's TUF I watch, the more I want to see Nog lay it into Mir.

Last edited 10/18/08 1:02AM server time by Wolfenstein
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   10/18/08 1:00:54AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Wolfenstein

I thought the pranks were really out of line because of this fact. Efrain had a fight the next day. Maybe he comes into the fight exhausted because he's losing sleep, because some idiot decided to play a prank. Seriously, I don't think the other fighters put that into perspective that they could essentially be sabotaging another fighter. Nog showed up to the house because that's the way he saw itto. That's his figter, and he wants to give him the best chance to win.

If Roli got his black belt at Gracie Barra then it's the real deal and Frank looks lie a fool questioning it. The more of this season's TUF I watch, the more I want to see Nog lay it into Mir.

Me to, I wish Mir was fighting Fedor so we could watch some devasting GnP.

Post #15   10/18/08 8:17:25PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2