Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

A good dog for me

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
ive got a pure Yellow Lab, a pure German Shepard, and two of their pups after their litter of six. Every last one of the dogs are loyal my family. But the Shepard and Shepard mixes are very territorial.

My lab seems to be the best though. He isnt aggressive by nature, but when other dogs have come near him he hasnt taken shit. He is the dominant one out of the other three and to this day he has out muscled every other dog, he is a pure lab and weighs about 70 lbs. He is a 70lb lap dog though and labs are generally not going to leave your side and when he sleeps he wants to be touching you directly.

If you are going to get a dog try and make it a mix breed. They are naturally smarter and have fewer health problems by far and have a longer life expantancy by years compared to Pedigrees.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #16   10/14/08 7:00:03PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:
Boxer would be my pick, their loyal, and always by your side.

Post #17   10/14/08 7:56:46PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,573-1,539
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Bull Mastiff. Not as big as a mastiff , but very friendly and protective. Good with kids in my experience , but no dog is always safe around toddlers.My buddy has one about 3 years old. Weighs 125, eats like a horse, but his kids ( 7 and 9) could walk the ghetto with a bag of gold and be safe. Edit: oh yeah, He had the dog sent to obedience school, and the dog had to learn how to not accidentally knock the kids over all the time. It was usually hilarious when it happened, and the dog would actually look embarrassed.

Last edited 10/14/08 8:24PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #18   10/14/08 8:20:46PM   

Ben_Hutch

Banned

Career:282-168
Chips:
Illegal (in the UK at least) and mean as f*ck:

Last edited 10/14/08 8:58PM server time by Ben_Hutch

Post #19   10/14/08 8:58:26PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,559-848
Chips:
Trust me when I tell you that a Boxer is the only way to go. Ours is about 8 months old now, and he's been great. We brought him into a full family so he's adjusted to a 4-year old, a toddler, and a pain in the ass cat. We wouldn't trade him for the world. I'm sure you saw the boxer post NewGuy had earlier, his pooch is a few months younger then ours.

We had them together at NewGuys a few months back. His dog was still very young and wild at the time, nipping and jumping. My boxer, (who was maybe six months old at the time) never barked, jumped or pawed at all until the pup settled down. It was pretty amazing to watch. He's a very playful dog, but it's like he new he was a guest, and acted accordingly. He's been a gem to train, and gets along great with our kids. he's the kind of dog who will let the toddler drag him by the ear across the room, and yet he'll be the first one to the door to "greet" a visitor with his presence. We wouldn't trade him for the world.

On top of that, Boston Terriers look like little mini-boxers with tall ears. They'd look great together.

You won't be disappointed!

Post #20   10/14/08 10:19:49PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:
My brother in law has a boxer and people broke into there house and they walked the dog into the other room without a problem and shut it in the bedroom and then robbed them clean.

Post #21   10/14/08 10:22:58PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

Trust me when I tell you that a Boxer is the only way to go. Ours is about 8 months old now, and he's been great. We brought him into a full family so he's adjusted to a 4-year old, a toddler, and a pain in the ass cat. We wouldn't trade him for the world. I'm sure you saw the boxer post NewGuy had earlier, his pooch is a few months younger then ours.

We had them together at NewGuys a few months back. His dog was still very young and wild at the time, nipping and jumping. My boxer, (who was maybe six months old at the time) never barked, jumped or pawed at all until the pup settled down. It was pretty amazing to watch. He's a very playful dog, but it's like he new he was a guest, and acted accordingly. He's been a gem to train, and gets along great with our kids. he's the kind of dog who will let the toddler drag him by the ear across the room, and yet he'll be the first one to the door to "greet" a visitor with his presence. We wouldn't trade him for the world.

On top of that, Boston Terriers look like little mini-boxers with tall ears. They'd look great together.

You won't be disappointed!

Lol thats acctually why I picked the Boston, I loved Boxers but I wasn't able to have a big dog in my apartment. Do they bark alot? My boston whimpers when you leave which drives me so I would also like a dog that doesn't do that.

Post #22   10/15/08 12:51:21AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,559-848
Chips:
The ONLY time my boxer barks is when someone is knocking at the door. He's always the first one to the door, so he's the first thing people see when they walk in. He always waits in the kitchen as anyone comes up the back entryway, and he stands still until he recognizes them. If it's someone he knows, his whole back end begins to wag, its rediculous. But the other day the UPS guy opened the door and left a box. He stood at the back steps and had a low growl until I called for him. Other then that, we never hear a peep out of him. He's doing great for being just eight months old.

I will say this though- If you don't have the time to dedicate to training, and exercise then a boxer may not be for you. They need, and love to be trained. And I've noticed that my boxer likes to test his limits a little when he hasn't gotten a good walk for a while. We usually get him out for a steady walk five times a week or so. (I'm not looking forward to winter, things could get interesting!)

I personally can't stand little dogs, I think they'd make great footballs, and that's about it. But if I had to chose a little ankle-bighter for a pet, it would probably be a Boston, they're a cute pooch.

Here: This will give you an idea how he his with the kids. If my little guy is napping on the floor, the dog is right at his side. The picture next to my son is a couple months old at this point, and so is the one with my daughter. But the one with just Satchmo is probably just a few weeks old.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2
Photo Attachment 3

Last edited 10/15/08 2:14AM server time by bojangalz

Post #23   10/15/08 2:12:34AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
Ahh man thats awsome. I love training dogs, my little girls can play dead, roll over, give high fives, shake a paw, and I've even taught her to give you a high five when you say "Blackhawks won" and "Cro Cop won", she jumps up and slaps you one lol. We also have to take her for walks quite often since she's got so much energy. I'm hoping that my girl friend will be at home soon to properly house train the new dog and watch him. I really think a boxer would be the perfect fit. We will be living at the beach so he would have a ton of room to run and play and my boston would be able to rival any dog when it comes to activity lol. Really appreciate the pics, I think it's awsome that yours will lay by your little guy while he sleeps.

Post #24   10/15/08 2:19:39AM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
I like dogs and pets in general....

But I'll get a dog when they invent one that doesn't poop

Post #25   10/15/08 2:22:17AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Lol one of those robot dogs would be the pup for you!

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #26   10/15/08 2:24:41AM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:

Posted by Kracker_Jap

what about bill engvalls dog that eats all of its turds!! lol

Post #27   10/15/08 3:26:55AM   

lance70301

MMA Regular

lance70301 Avatar

Career:256-158
Camp: extreme fitness
Chips:
I just bought a black lab about 2 months ago. I have 3 very small children and have no problems with him. Labs are super friendly and you never have to worry about them turning on you. Just show him love and he is your best friend.

Post #28   10/16/08 5:58:46PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
a friend of mine just got a bull terrier a couple months ago and it is an awesome dog that is very protective of people it knows, is great with a 2 and 3 year old, and it immediately got along with his other dogs.

if there is one thing i have learned from all the gogs i and my friends have adopted is that mutts really do make the best breeds, we have never payed for any of our dogs and they are all awesome

P.S. if you want a really protective dog that is harmless get a chihuahua my ex had one and every time i leaned in to give her a kiss goodbye and that bastard dog was on her lap that bastard would bite me. it never hurt though but i have been bitten atleast 50 times by that bastard

Post #29   10/16/08 6:56:39PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by CwB

a friend of mine just got a bull terrier a couple months ago and it is an awesome dog that is very protective of people it knows, is great with a 2 and 3 year old, and it immediately got along with his other dogs.

if there is one thing i have learned from all the gogs i and my friends have adopted is that mutts really do make the best breeds, we have never payed for any of our dogs and they are all awesome

P.S. if you want a really protective dog that is harmless get a chihuahua my ex had one and every time i leaned in to give her a kiss goodbye and that bastard dog was on her lap that bastard would bite me. it never hurt though but i have been bitten atleast 50 times by that bastard

Lol thats funny. Right now i'm looking at two boxers and one awsome little pup a puggle, lol I know it doesn't fit alot of my original wants but damn are they cute and I love pug X's.

Post #30   10/16/08 7:00:09PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3