Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio close to being finalized for UFC 92

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,899-1,095
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
A bout between middleweight prospects C.B. Dollaway and Mike Massenzio for UFC 92 on December 27 in Las Vegas has been verbally agreed to by parties representing both fighters.

A source close to Massenzio’s Team Bomb Squad revealed the news to FiveOuncesOfPain.com over the weekend.

The source indicated that thus far, only verbal agreements pertaining to the matchup have been secured but that bout agreements could be finalized over the course of the next several days.

Both Massenzio and Dollaway are outstanding college wrestlers who once competed against each other on the Junior College level. Dollaway defeated Massenzio head-to-head during a tournament bout early in their college careers and Massenzio increased his training in hopes of winning a rematch the following year.

While Massenzio reached the finals of the tournament the next year, he was denied a shot at redemption after Dollaway had been eliminated prior to the final round. Since that time, Massenzio has searched for a chance to rematch Dollaway and it appears he may finally get that opportunity at UFC 92 in a bout contested under MMA rules.

LINK

Post #1   10/13/08 1:21:43PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:
Great fight, see more of Mike M. and see if it is only Sameer that has CB's submission number or if it is a certified weakness.

Post #2   10/13/08 1:36:15PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
What happened to Jorge Rivera? I was actually looking forward to seeing Jorge get back in the cage against C.B. following the tragedy in his life. I hope everything is ok and that he makes it back into the octagon.

Post #3   10/13/08 1:57:51PM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,524-1,841
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:
Be it Massenzio or Rivera I think CB Dollaway is going to lose.

Post #4   10/13/08 3:15:11PM   

Nitrus

Proud to be Brazilian

Nitrus Avatar

Career:1,455-838
Chips:

Posted by Khaos

I think the opposite, in both fights I think CB will get the win.

Against Rivera i think will be easier for him, now against Massenzio, the fight is more close, but I think he'll do his job

Post #5   10/13/08 3:23:16PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:

Posted by Nitrus

Posted by Khaos

Against Rivera i think will be easier for him, now against Massenzio, the fight is more close, but I think he'll do his job

CB is too strong of a wrestler and too dynamic for Rivera. I also think CB fighting Massenzio would be similar to the Jesse Taylor fight.

Post #6   10/13/08 3:29:15PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kaduey

Posted by Nitrus

Posted by Khaos

CB is too strong of a wrestler and too dynamic for Rivera. I also think CB fighting Massenzio would be similar to the Jesse Taylor fight.

But Jesse Taylor is not a submission artist so I am guessing Mike M. would be able to avoid subs better than Jesse, it might be more of a stand up fight after Mike M. throws up a couple of armbars and it freaks CB out

Post #7   10/13/08 3:48:52PM   

Nitrus

Proud to be Brazilian

Nitrus Avatar

Career:1,455-838
Chips:

Posted by McBee

Posted by kaduey

Posted by Nitrus

Posted by Khaos

But Jesse Taylor is not a submission artist so I am guessing Mike M. would be able to avoid subs better than Jesse, it might be more of a stand up fight after Mike M. throws up a couple of armbars and it freaks CB out

But I don't think even Mike being better on the ground that Jesse, wil be enough to handle with CB.
Submit a no-ground fighter as McFedries isn't something that we can say "WOW, this guy has sick submissions!" (having sub defense too)

Post #8   10/13/08 3:59:47PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
Im a huge Dollaway fan but this is gonna be tough match for him. I think he and Mike's wrestling are going to offset each other, CB has beaten him in a wrestling match in college but
We'll see how much things have changed

Ill probably go with CB by Ud but I wouldn't be surprised if Mike pulls out the win as well. Heck I even think CB should be the underdog in this fight,

Last edited 10/13/08 4:08PM server time by DevonFoxy
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   10/13/08 4:07:58PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Nitrus

Posted by McBee

Posted by kaduey

Posted by Nitrus

Posted by Khaos

But I don't think even Mike being better on the ground that Jesse, wil be enough to handle with CB.
Submit a no-ground fighter as McFedries isn't something that we can say "WOW, this guy has sick submissions!" (having sub defense too)

Give McFedries some credit he is not Houston Alexander, he does train at MFS, how many kimuras have you seen in the last year? CB has problems with Samir and it has to be in the back of his head when he watches Mike M submit McFedries.

Post #10   10/13/08 4:24:22PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:

Posted by McBee

Posted by Nitrus

Posted by McBee

Posted by kaduey

Posted by Nitrus

Posted by Khaos

Give McFedries some credit he is not Houston Alexander, he does train at MFS, how many kimuras have you seen in the last year? CB has problems with Samir and it has to be in the back of his head when he watches Mike M submit McFedries.

I can't give Mcfederies any credit on the ground. It obviously doesn't matter if he trains at Miletich, the guy has no ground game. I wouldn't compare him to Houston Alexander either, I think McFedries is a far better stand up fighter.

Post #11   10/13/08 5:47:30PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kaduey

Posted by McBee

Posted by Nitrus

Posted by McBee

Posted by kaduey

Posted by Nitrus

Posted by Khaos

I can't give Mcfederies any credit on the ground. It obviously doesn't matter if he trains at Miletich, the guy has no ground game. I wouldn't compare him to Houston Alexander either, I think McFedries is a far better stand up fighter.

Ha ha nice last sentence

If you watched the Mike M fight it is obvious that he has a better ground game than Houston, he also had Mike in a triangle chock and was rolling to get Mike in his guard, Houston lays there until the fight ends.

Post #12   10/13/08 5:57:01PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Chips:
i had cb beating jorge now it is a toss up i think mike will be a challenge for him don't know who to pick right now

Post #13   10/13/08 6:14:44PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
i think massenzio beats him, this guy is a pretty solid fighter and a win over cb might give him a little credibility.

Post #14   10/13/08 6:34:22PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,899-1,095
Chips:

Posted by Nitrus

Posted by Khaos

I agree. CB will outwrestle both to a UD

Post #15   10/14/08 1:16:52AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2