Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

LeBanner Free To Fight Wherever He Chooses

Print  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,369-1,558
Chips:
source: mmauniverse.com

Date submitted: 08 March 2007
Submitted by: MMA Universe

Jerome Le Banner has renewed a contract with the K-1 organisation that will ensure he competes on the world’s most prominent Kickboxing circuit for another four years.

However, bending to Le Banner’s wishes of being able to try his hand in other fields, the new K-1 contract is non-exclusive. According to a Team Le Banner representative, the exclusive nature of his last contract “made our relationship difficult with K-1 in the past.”

This has opened up many new avenues, as Le Banner is not restricted to only fighting on K-1 and it’s MMA branch Hero’s. Le Banner will now be allowed to take MMA fights at Elite XC (where LeBanner likes the ground rules), Bodog who have reportedly been chasing him with a big cheque for a while and the UFC, where he would like to face the likes of Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic and Tim Sylvia.

However LeBanner is unlikely to get to fight in the UFC, as they demand an exclusive contract, something LeBanner is not willing to sign again any time soon.

Post #1   3/8/07 8:45:16AM   

Jamie

Learning to Sprawl

Jamie Avatar

Career:239-112
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Cheers, that's great news.

I'd obviously love to see him in the UFC but it doesn't sound like that will happen. I hope he joins Elite XC over Bodog if he does sign to either one.

Post #2   3/8/07 9:06:07AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
He would be awesome to see in Bodog. i think Him vs Aleks would be a fricking awesome fight.

Post #3   3/8/07 11:37:44AM