Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Arlovski Vs Werdum, what do you think?

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

chop-socky-flix

Learning to Sprawl

Career:320-185
Camp: pandorasbox
Chips:
Werdum has a pretty good record by the looks of things, i cant remember seeing his fight with nog but will have to dig it out of the collection to make a judgement on him. However anyone who can hang with nog for the distance must be tough.

Arlovski has the power but does he have the confidence. He seems the sort of fighter who looks great against the correct opposition. Is werdum going to fit into his fight though?

I think werdum may just do it looking at it on paper. But arlovski can finish but will he fight? I watched his last 2 matches with silvia but those werent really fights, were they?

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #1   3/8/07 8:41:09AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
This has the potential to be the fight of the night.

Post #2   3/8/07 9:27:49AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:3,115-1,776
Chips:
great matchup, both are good strikers with AA being a little better, but werdum has a distinct advantage on the ground, tough call with AA's handspeed but i am leaning towards werdum to win. i have to agree with the above post, this has a great shot at the fight of the night. it'll be nice to have 2 top 10 HWs in the octagon without a title on the line, the division is getting deeper with every passing event

Post #3   3/8/07 9:32:17AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Good match-up. I think Werdum takes it by sub.

Post #4   3/8/07 10:23:59AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

No disrespect to Gonzaga or Cro Cop, but Werdum-Arlovski and Griffin-Machida are the fights I'm looking forward to. I expect Werdum to surprise the heck out of a lot of UFC fans. Hopefully, Arlovski is renting some PRIDE DVDs...

Post #5   3/8/07 11:04:15AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Chips:

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by waylon_o

No disrespect to Gonzaga or Cro Cop, but Werdum-Arlovski and Griffin-Machida are the fights I'm looking forward to. I expect Werdum to surprise the heck out of a lot of UFC fans. Hopefully, Arlovski is renting some PRIDE DVDs...

I feel ya man...at least Werdum-Arlovski and Griffin-Machida may be competitive. I believe everyone knows what's going to happen to Gonzaga, there's no real mystery there (although anything can happen). I have a feeling Machida may beat the piss out of Griffin too, but I still want to see it.

Post #6   3/8/07 11:06:32AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Definition of a good style matchup...

I am a big Arlovski fan, so I am pulling for him to get the (T)KO, but I won't count Werdum out. The guys got sick subs and is a little bigger that Andrei (I think)...

After all the talk I've heard of AA not really being that great a fighter because he hasn't faced top competition, this is his opportunity to show what he's really got.

IMO, Griffen / Machida will steal the show that night

Post #7   3/8/07 11:13:09AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Definition of a good style matchup...

I am a big Arlovski fan, so I am pulling for him to get the (T)KO, but I won't count Werdum out. The guys got sick subs and is a little bigger that Andrei (I think)...

After all the talk I've heard of AA not really being that great a fighter because he hasn't faced top competition, this is his opportunity to show what he's really got.

IMO, Griffen / Machida will steal the show that night

I think Machida will win...what do you think?

Post #8   3/8/07 11:16:08AM   

CDW

Learning to Sprawl

CDW Avatar

Career:95-77
Camp: Fighttalk
Chips:
I'ts going te be the fight of the night! I think Werdum will takes it with a submission!

Post #9   3/8/07 1:20:32PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
from a pride nuthugger: this is a nice ufc card! probably the best card they have had in a loooooooooooooong time.

my picks are

werdum
machida
crocop

most technical battle i think will be arlovski - werdum if it goes to the ground (hopefully arlovski wont win by a flash ko early in the fight..)
machida vs griffin will probably be the most entertaining fight via slugfest
and crocop sends gonzaga to cemetary via lhk

Post #10   3/8/07 1:52:01PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
AA is a key example of someone with all the physical gifts to be a champion, but doesnt use all his weapons to his advantage.

Example: Tim Sylvia-Instead of staying in Tim's range and get counterpunched to the cows come home, why didnt he try: any takedowns, Leg kicks, Clinching, dirty boxing, knees etc. No he just kept coming in with that same 1,2 straight that was exactly in Tims range and lost that fight.

Werdum on the other hand IMO is much more intelligent and executes a gameplan. His fight againts AE was prime example of how you would dismantle a striker.

IMO AA has the physical gifts and abilities to beat Werdum but will he use those gifts?

Im calling Werdum by GnP

heres the Werdum Aleks fight :link

Last edited 3/8/07 2:31PM server time by Jeffanori-Gomi
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #11   3/8/07 2:30:23PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Chips:
Well I like both fighters. AA has all the potential in the world...I hope after the losses to Tim he can realize what he was doing wrong and become an AA like we've never seen. Either that, or it's crash and burn for Arlovski.

Post #12   3/8/07 2:33:49PM   

count0break

Learning to Sprawl

count0break Avatar

Career:18-10
Chips:
Arlovski if he can regain some of the confidence he seems to have lost

Post #13   3/8/07 4:17:14PM   

Berti

MMA Regular

Berti Avatar

Career:1,665-948
Camp: Cat's Den
Chips:
werdum by sheer domination...sub..rd. 1

Post #14   3/8/07 4:19:59PM   

wkm311

MMA Regular

wkm311 Avatar

Career:66-37
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:

Posted by Berti

werdum by sheer domination...sub..rd. 1

I think it will be closer than that, I think we will see how good Arlovski really is in this fight. He faces off against one of the better Pride heavyweights, and I think it will bring the best out in him. Having said that, I think Werdum is going to take it, because of his advantage on the ground.

Post #15   3/8/07 4:55:38PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3