Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

GEORGES ST. PIERRE READY FOR PENN; IS SILVA NEXT?

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Mhunt1140

Learning to Sprawl

Mhunt1140 Avatar

Career:935-568
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I can't wait until this fight happens, it is going to be amazing. This is in my opinion the best fight the UFC can put on right now. As for this fight I think that GSP will win most likely by UD. Don't get me wrong, BJ is an amazing fighter but GSP is an animal. Everyone knows that both Georges and BJ are completely different fighters since UFC 58 but GSP had evolved in so many more ways. No matter what anyone says, its obvious that Georges has one of the, if not the best takedown in mma and he is an athletic freak of nature. However unlike most wrestlers, his striking is out of this world also. I think that he will be able to pick BJ apart standing and then take him down at will and pound out the decision.

As for Anderson, its pretty clear that he is the best fighter in the world. He still needs to get past Cote and it looks as if Cote will stand and bang with him which gives him a punchers chance.

When it comes to an Anderson and GSP fight I'm not so sure if I would want to see that. I see that many people are quickly underestimating GSP and giving Anderson the automatic win. Don't forget that his standup game is very good, I would go as far as saying that it is second only to Anderson himself. Also like it has already been mentioned, Anderson's weakness it his takedown defense which GSP would easily be able to take advantage of. All I am going to say is not to write of Gorges!!!

War GSP

Post #31   10/12/08 1:15:37AM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
NOBODY has the precision punching Silva does and he doesn't just stand there and punch he jumps and hits you with knees and elbows. He puts his fist threw tiny little pin hole openings that's what makes him impossible to deal with.

Post #32   10/12/08 8:32:34AM   

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Porch28

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by JoeySteel

Once again, hysteria is spread via the web. NO WAY is GSP beating BJ, and no way GSP would touch Silva.

Silva does not see judges. He finishes the BEST at 205 - Hendo, I would even put Irving in the top 15, both finished in first 2 rounds.

GSP should not move up and be embarrassed. He will lose to BJ, but it will be a good fight.

Silva should fight for the 205 belt now. I have NO doubt he can beat any MW, LHW and maybe some of the best HW out there, but I am not sure about that. I don't even care what Silva says, sure ANYONE can lose MMA, but Silva is the best in the world, NO DOUBT in my mind.

GSP is young and incredible, but he is no SIlva. BJ is my favorite fighter, but he is no Silva.

I want to ask GSP how he really sees that fight going?

Everybody want go to heaven, nobody want go die.

LMAO !!

What a joke !!

First , GSP will destroy BJ, he will make him quit and force him to ask the referee to safe him !!

Second, BJ started to look good and in shape at 155 against a HUGE top level fighter PULVER !! and an ultimate fighter winner who got protected like Cristal in all of his ufc fight before BJ !! who the hell was thinking that Stevenson was going to be dangerous for BJ ??? you ???
And then BJ beat " not on roid " Sherk in a boxing match with 1 feet reach advantage !! be serious man, GSP destroyed Sherk on his feet and on the ground way easier than BJ did and GSP was at this time like 10% of what he is now as a fighter !!
BJ is not going to beat GSP at 170 or at any weight you can think of !! are you really watching MMA man ?? not sure, Santa Barbara is not MMA man !!

And third, Silva look like if he was having no takedown defense against Lutter, how can you seriously think GSP will have troubles to take him down ??
GSP's game plan to face Silva will not be to eat punches until death, he will take Silva down, GNP on him, and if Silva stand up he will take him down again ,and again, every time Silva will have to work hard to stand up if he can and will become weaker and weaker, GSP is a cardio machine, he will not gass after rd 1 like Hendo or Lutter , he will bring the fight to Silva and control the action with his speed and wrestling ability, Silva never faced a complete athlete on top of the food chain like GSP .
I say GSP by UD since i don't really know how Silva will look after rd 2.
Silva destroyed guys who let him control the action and just asked to be punch, only Lutter did try to fight his own way and almost succeed.
GSP vs Lutter would be the easiest fight GSP would ever have.

Can I have some of what your smoking

here we call it MMA knowledge , i think it is unavailable where you live man !! lol

Personalyl I think Lutter was winning that fight until he gassed, my guess was to that extreme weight cutting he was doing... if he had made wieght and had the full time to recover i think the fight would have been different... Anderson is great but I do not think he is perfect... Will anyone have an easy time with him no .. I think GSP will give him hell and I think GSP will beat Penn but that will be a war as well.. As for Anderson beating Fedor someone mentioned earlier in this thread.. I think he'd need to bring GSP in the ring to help... is anderson a better physical athlete then Fedor yes... but Fedor has something mentally I do not think anyone else has at the moment.. its not an I can't be beaten attitude. i think its more he is not afraid to losehe goes out and gives everything every fight regardless of who he is fighting and always comes well prepared for his opponent. so Fedor vs Anderson I see either going first rd win for Fedor.. or goin ghte distance for a Unaimous dec for Fedor. neither would surprise.. but I think Anderson could compete very well at HW if he wanted to Anderson is an exiticing fighter at times... but so far I think his luck is holding as much as his Skill.. Someone like GSP I think will give Anderson a bad day in more ways then one.. Its not a gaurenteed win for either would be a great fight I think

Post #33   10/12/08 12:02:01PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Chips:
Silva not luck has created every opportunity for him to win. He takes advantage of every mistake and he recognizes them when they happen. He's just a very intelligent and gifted fighter

Last edited 10/12/08 2:01PM server time by porch28
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #34   10/12/08 2:00:54PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:
I get so tired of everyone saying that silva like almost lost against Travis Lutter and stuff but he freakin SUBMITTED A BJJ MASTER!!! and i think that says some something.

Post #35   10/12/08 2:10:21PM   

bosanceros

MMA Regular

bosanceros Avatar

Career:588-301
Chips:
cote over silva 2nd round KO
just watch

Post #36   10/12/08 2:24:50PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bosanceros

cote over silva 2nd round KO
just watch

Post #37   10/12/08 3:09:54PM   

bosanceros

MMA Regular

bosanceros Avatar

Career:588-301
Chips:
mehhh
haha

Post #38   10/12/08 3:41:48PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bosanceros

mehhh
haha

What the hell does that mean????????

Post #39   10/12/08 4:24:00PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
Silva has the best technical, precision striking in MMA right now. His punches, kicks, knees, and elbows are lethal, not to mention his black belt in JJ, given to him by the Noguiera brothers. Still though, he would not "run through" the entire LHW division. That's ludicrous. He could beat many, but "run through?" Come on.....

GSP has improved dramatically since his last fight w/BJ. BJ is one of my favorite fighters but it doesn't cloud my thinking. GSP beat BJ the first time, and if they fought 10 times, I do think BJ would win some, but GSP is the better, more dominant fighter. His wrestling is amazing, his standup is damn good, his jits, although rarely used (because he's hardly ever on his back) is good. The man is the most athletic person in MMA (along w/a couple others like Anthony Johnson as far as pure athleticism goes). Not only will GSP beat Penn, but it WILL NOT go to a decision.
GSP by GnP (T)KO: ref stoppage

And yes, GSP and Silva would be a good fight. I believe Silva would win, but it would be a tougher match for Silva than what he's been getting, IMO. GSP's wrestling is so good, he could put Silva on his back better than Lutter did. He's just have to watch out for Silva's jits.
Silva by arm bar or triangle choke

Post #40   10/12/08 8:06:25PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3