Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski Official

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
As much as i want AA to win Fedor is going to be too much in the clinch and on the ground. Fedor by sub after rocking AA ala Fedor vs Sylvia

Post #16   10/10/08 11:00:13PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I'm just going to say it..... We're all thinking it.... Arlovski first round brutal KO.
Fedor can't duck him anymore!!!!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #17   10/11/08 7:36:47AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

I'm just going to say it..... We're all thinking it.... Arlovski first round brutal KO.

hilarious, i cant believe you of all people wrote that

seriously though, even if AA drops fedor, the guy has great awareness when hes been rocked(which hasnt been often) and always seems to pull the sub out of his ass(ie: hunt, randleman). its almost impossible for me to imagine him being KOed clean with one punch or even a flurry, so at this point i just cant see him losing, nor do i want to see that, hes just such a seemingly good guy that id hate to see him go down to anyone, even CC. fedor is an athlete that i think could fit the bill as a role model which everyone tries to pin on athletes from all sports. if my kid were to choose him as the guy he wants to emulate rather than most athletes or people in the public eye for that matter, i would be a very proud papa indeed. ok these nuts are getting sweaty from me hanging on so tight, time to let go.

Post #18   10/11/08 8:08:30AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by SmileR

hilarious, i cant believe you of all people wrote that

seriously though, even if AA drops fedor, the guy has great awareness when hes been rocked(which hasnt been often) and always seems to pull the sub out of his ass(ie: hunt, randleman). its almost impossible for me to imagine him being KOed clean with one punch or even a flurry, so at this point i just cant see him losing, nor do i want to see that, hes just such a seemingly good guy that id hate to see him go down to anyone, even CC. fedor is an athlete that i think could fit the bill as a role model which everyone tries to pin on athletes from all sports. if my kid were to choose him as the guy he wants to emulate rather than most athletes or people in the public eye for that matter, i would be a very proud papa indeed. ok these nuts are getting sweaty from me hanging on so tight, time to let go.

You and your logic! I have blind faith in Arlovski that'll pull anyone through....right?
Seriously though Fedor is a beast and I think it'll be a war. Andrei's confidence is at a all time high and if anyone can dethrone Fedor is my man Andrei.
Heres hoping for a good fight regardless of the outcome...*Cough* Arlovski via domination*Cough*

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #19   10/12/08 8:24:55AM   

Shoppe

Learning to Sprawl

Career:682-352
Chips:
I think a big wrestler with good sub defence has a better chance than Arlovski

Post #20   10/12/08 8:44:56AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by Shoppe

I think a big wrestler with good sub defence has a better chance than Arlovski

Someone like Barnett. IMO Barnett and Nog are the ones with the best chance. I've said it a million times but Arlovski is probably the guy (of the HW contenders that is) with the least chance to pull it off because they're both sambo practitioners and I don't think Arlovski brings anything to the table stylistically that gives him an edge.

People say he has better hands but again I disagree. Boxing and MMA striking are totally different things. This is why I think combat sambo is the best possible discipline to transition to MMA and the reason Fedor is so far ahead of everyone. Combat Sambo is one of the only martial arts that balances striking, wrestling and submissions as opposed to focusing on just one of them. Fedor was practicing MMA before MMA was a sport. Combat Sambo and MMA are HIGHLY similar.

I'm willing to bet that Fedor's boxing is entirely different from his MMA/Sambo striking because he realizes they are different things and that, as a result, they need to be dealt with differently. I'm also willing to bet that his boxing is better than Andrei's but that it wouldn't become apparent unless they were in a boxing match as opposed to an MMA match.

Post #21   10/12/08 11:31:15AM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
I have no real opinion on this fight when it comes to who will win.....

Hopefully one of these guys can live up to the hype and begin to earn me as a fan......

This fight should end up being a all out war that goes most of the distance, but I see it ending in the first or second rounds, Its about time the heavtweight division gives us a show, I don't want to look back and think that Lesnar was the best thing to happen in the heavyweight division in 09

Please Andrei and Fedor live up to the hype

Last edited 10/12/08 1:50PM server time by Kracker_Jap
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   10/12/08 1:50:28PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
This has been a dream fight of mine for a long time. I hope AA can make it a war. Andrei has been one of my favorite fighters and to see him upset Fedor would be great. War "The Pitbull

Post #23   10/12/08 7:28:00PM   

Dastardly1

MMA Regular

Dastardly1 Avatar

Career:752-518
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
This fight is about 4-5 years over due,but I'm glad to see it. the results will be the same though....fedor wins and adds another big name to the resume' of the best heavyweight ever!

Post #24   10/13/08 2:58:51PM   

MMAFREAK89

Learning to Sprawl

MMAFREAK89 Avatar

Career:69-32
Camp: furious
Chips:
This PPV in January will make up for UFC 93 and it's low average card that month.

Post #25   11/24/08 6:58:47PM   

BDON911

MMA Regular

BDON911 Avatar

Career:495-323
Chips:
Fedor via anything

Post #26   11/25/08 12:32:03PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2