Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski Official

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Shoppe

Learning to Sprawl

Career:682-352
Chips:
Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski On January Affliction Show

MMARated.com has learned that WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko will face Andrei Arlovski at the upcoming Affliction show tentatively scheduled for January 24th in Anaheim, Calif.

Affliction Entertainment VP Tom Atencio confirmed the news with us earlier today.

Atencio also said that the promotion will officially announce the date, location and main fights on the card sometime next week and that it will be an MMA-only card but still co-promoted with Golden Boy Promotions.

"We sat down with them and couldn't come up with a main event boxing match that everyone wanted," Atenco said.

Originally, it was announced that the January show would be a mixed boxing/MMA event.

Affliction's second pay-per-view show entitled "Day of Reckoning" was supposed to occur tomorrow but was cancelled last month after reported poor ticket sales at the Thomas & Center in Las Vegas. Atencio did mention that January's show will also be called "Day of Reckoning" and will be "more stacked" than its original offering.

Last week, Arlovski defeated Roy Nelson at EliteXC: Stand Heat while Emelianenko last fought in July on the first-ever Affliction show making quick work of former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia.

Lets hope AA lasts longer than Sylvia...

Last edited 10/10/08 4:34PM server time by shoppe
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   10/10/08 4:32:38PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
how many different main events are there gonna be for this show? I think thats rumored main event number 47648756

Post #2   10/10/08 4:36:48PM   

billycarnage

In Full Mount

billycarnage Avatar

Career:300-165
Chips:
Well my hopes are up. As long as AA lands some good shots and maybe cuts him before he's finished, I'll be satisfied. I love watching Fedor dominate.

Post #3   10/10/08 4:42:05PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,599-1,392
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Andrei most likely gets Subbed in the 1st Round with a Kimura

Post #4   10/10/08 4:46:17PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

yeah i bet fedor brings in roy nelson to help him w/ his side mount

Post #5   10/10/08 5:56:51PM   

hotrodttt

hotrodttt Avatar

Chips:

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by hotrodttt

yeah i bet fedor brings in roy nelson to help him w/ his side mount

I don't think so Fedor's perfected Side Control i.e. Hunt and Randleman

Post #6   10/10/08 5:58:28PM   

Amigop

MMA Regular

Amigop Avatar

Career:248-181
Chips:
I really wanna see arlovski KTFO fedor, but i just cant imagine fedor losing. its a diffcult concept to grasp. I think if AA can keep the fight standing he MIGHT be able to get a KO or more likley a SD. My final decision Is fedor by sub.
Sry AA

Post #7   10/10/08 6:43:37PM   

hotrodttt

hotrodttt Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Amigop

I really wanna see arlovski KTFO fedor, but i just cant imagine fedor losing. its a diffcult concept to grasp. I think if AA can keep the fight standing he MIGHT be able to get a KO or more likley a SD. My final decision Is fedor by sub.
Sry AA

Why would you want to see Fedor get Knocked out, he's never Talked Smack or done anything wrong is his Fighting Career and he's been Honorable and AA would get tagged of the Feet because Fedor is a better all around Stand Up Fighter. I doubt AA could have went 3 Rounds with the old Cro Cop without getting Knocked out

Post #8   10/10/08 6:50:17PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,023-1,136
Chips:
Fedor+sub=win

Post #9   10/10/08 7:27:45PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Amigop

Sry AA

Why would you want to see Fedor get Knocked out, he's never Talked Smack or done anything wrong is his Fighting Career and he's been Honorable and AA would get tagged of the Feet because Fedor is a better all around Stand Up Fighter. I doubt AA could have went 3 Rounds with the old Cro Cop without getting Knocked out

I want AA to win. and I want him to win with an awesome KO (not because he's fightin fedor but because I love AA.)
But I think fedor will win by 1st round sub

Post #10   10/10/08 7:33:47PM   

Amigop

MMA Regular

Amigop Avatar

Career:248-181
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Amigop

Sry AA

Because AA is a beast and a KO over fedor would be amazing for his career. And idk, cro cop and AA are great strikers but i just cant picture AA gettin Kicked in the dome

Post #11   10/10/08 7:47:50PM   

hotrodttt

hotrodttt Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Amigop

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Amigop

Sry AA

Because AA is a beast and a KO over fedor would be amazing for his career. And idk, cro cop and AA are great strikers but i just cant picture AA gettin Kicked in the dome

Yeah I'm sorry Dude I thought you just wanted AA to Knock Fedor out because you didin't like Fedor but you're just a Big AA Fan

Post #12   10/10/08 8:13:49PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
I'm glad that it isn't going to be an mma/boxing co-promotion event. Thank God!! Boxing would've took away from the number of mma fights we see on ppv. Boxing events usually take a long time, and although I like boxing, I prefer mma. I love Ozzy, have seen both him and Black Sabbath perform several times, but I could care less that he's going to perform. To me, that just takes times from the ppv when they could be showing a fight, though in between fights I guess it doesn't take much time. That is if Ozzy's still going to perform there.

I just can't picture Fedor losing, not to AA anyway. The only way AA would have a chance is to KO Fedor, which I definately don't see happening. I got Fedor by GnP TKO/ref stoppage. I'm glad this is happening though. I've wanted to see these 2 SAMBO guys fight for a long time.

Post #13   10/10/08 9:15:34PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Its so cool to see these fights now The AA v Fedor , TIM v Nog, Tim v Fedor, Wandy v Chuck All these fights we have wanted to see for so long its really cool. Oh yeah Dan Henderson v Rich Franklin. Come on who didn't want to see that in like 04-05?

Post #14   10/10/08 10:23:22PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Glad to see Fedor get another big fight. I could see Andrei winning. I really don't think he will since Fedor's stand up is so good he's getting the biggest words of endorsment I've ever heard from Hoost. I love Fedor for his ability and the fact that he is the most humble guy in the entire world. I don't ever want to see him lose because people will talk shit(Dana) and Fedor won't say anything back.

Post #15   10/10/08 10:48:38PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2