Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Efrain Escudero vs Juni Allen Browning

Print  
Efrain vs. Junie
Efrain Escudero via KO/TKO 1 2%
Efrain Escudero via Submission 17 38%
Efrian Escudero vis Decision 3 7%
Junie Allen Browning via KO/TKO 20 44%
Junie Allen Browning via Submission 2 4%
Junie Allen Browning via Decision 2 4%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
after the warning junie got from dana and the way he acted after the efrain/shane fight i seriously doubt he will be left on the show

-broke a glass on someone
-pushed multiple people
-pulled a guy into the pool with him
-jumps into the ring after someone wins a fight
-disrespecting nog and mir who are both predominately ground fighters by calling ground fighters boring bitches

If he dosent get kicked off then dana must be desperate for ratings cause he knows junie will not stop acting like a jackass

after all that though i think junie would beat efrain in a fight but i picked efrain by submission(Wishfull thinking)

Post #16   10/9/08 8:02:47PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I really wasn't impressed with Efrain last fight. He had absolutely no punching power and very little head movement. Everytime he threw a jab and tied to work his way inside he would duck down to the side and expose himself to knees and kicks. He just didn't seem to have any explosiveness, even regarding takedowns.

If Junie can keep it together I think his tenacity will be too much for Efrain, and he'll expose Efrain when he dips his head down to the side in the clinch.

Post #17   10/9/08 8:02:49PM   

copcopps

Manly Midget

copcopps Avatar

Career:1,398-962
Chips:
Junie by glass bottle

Post #18   10/9/08 8:29:16PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I originally picked Efrain to win the show, but with his last showing I'm not so certain. WTF was with his standup? His chin was in outer space and he kept ducking down right in line for a low kick to the dome. That spells serious trouble.

On the same token I wonder if he was just so unorthodox(/crappy) with his striking because he was facing a southpaw. Sometimes that throws guys off big time.

I think when we see a fighter push him more he'll show his true colors, and a fight against Junie spells just that. I just hope he looks about a million times better on the feet.

Post #19   10/10/08 1:45:00AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I originally picked Efrain to win the show, but with his last showing I'm not so certain. WTF was with his standup? His chin was in outer space and he kept ducking down right in line for a low kick to the dome. That spells serious trouble.

On the same token I wonder if he was just so unorthodox(/crappy) with his striking because he was facing a southpaw. Sometimes that throws guys off big time.

I think when we see a fighter push him more he'll show his true colors, and a fight against Junie spells just that. I just hope he looks about a million times better on the feet.

i was thinking the exact same thing. his hands were so low and his head movement that he was doing, while effective against Shane, would have resulted in him getting KOed by anyone with any striking experience. he looked very lackluster to me because i had such very high expectations of him. i am also questioning my pick of him winning the show and i am with you in crossing my fingers hoping he improves.

Post #20   10/10/08 1:52:59AM   

mrkennedy

MMA Sensei

mrkennedy Avatar

Career:2,594-1,460
Camp: TKO
Chips:
junie by tko or ud

Post #21   10/10/08 1:57:22AM   

F--K_Luck_AuH2O

Banned

Career:340-195
Chips:
Looking at Junie's fight stats he's unexperienced, and judgeing from just one fight, all he does is brawl. Efrain by whatever he wants.

Post #22   10/11/08 8:37:18PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

Looking at Junie's fight stats he's unexperienced, and judgeing from just one fight, all he does is brawl. Efrain by whatever he wants.

normally id tend to agree with you, but efrains stand up looked so poor against nelson that id have a really tough time picking him against junie unfortunately.

Post #23   10/12/08 9:09:35AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

normally id tend to agree with you, but efrains stand up looked so poor against nelson that id have a really tough time picking him against junie unfortunately.

Junie strikes me as the kind of guy that would try to take the fight to wherever his opponent is best, to try and show him up. If he tries to take it to the ground with Efrain he'll be in trouble. But if he keeps it standing it'll probably results in a KO.
I still think that he'd try to take it to the ground with Efrain to try to prove a point, and he'll get submitted.

Post #24   10/12/08 12:20:37PM   

metaray

Learning to Sprawl

Career:12-5
Chips:
I hope Efrain wins if this happens. Junie has been hyped up big time by TUF coaches/fighters as to his skills.

Post #25   10/12/08 2:29:57PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2