Today's Topics Unanswered Topics Avatar Bets Search PM's My Props Member Directory Premium Members Recent Polls Subscriptions Rules

Sponsors

Kaitlin Young vs Sarah Kaufman Elite XC fight set for Showtime

Kaitlin Young vs Sarah Kaufman Elite XC fight set for Showtime
Posted By Message

MMAcca
Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career record: 1182-680
Season: 27-25 (#867)
Bankroll: $195 (#1654)
8088 posts
Joined 4/07
Continuing the theme of having at least one female match on each of its big events, Elite XC announced today that Minnesota Martial Arts Academy standout Kaitlin Young (4-2) will face off against undefeated Canadian Sarah Kaufman on the Showtime card set for the Reno Events Center in Reno, Nevada, on November 8.

Young was soundly defeated by Gina Carano during the May 31 debut for the promotion on CBS, but she proved to be a gamer while taking a good deal of punishment during the two round bout. She wanted to continue for a third round, but the fight was called by a ringside doctor because her faced was banged up pretty good.

She trains with one of the top camps in MMA where she gets quality sparring and training with fighters like Kelly Kobald. The camp is also known for producing fighters with great cardio by instilling the “caveman training” made popular by Sean Sherk.

LINK

Post #1   10/9/08 12:33:09AM   

jocka
In Full Mount

jocka Avatar
Career record: 231-168
Season: 0-0 (#-)
Bankroll: $1,000
688 posts
Joined 9/07
Sarah Kaufman is a beast, i saw a few of her fights and i love to see her compete. IMO she will be able to beat Carano :)

Post #2   10/9/08 3:54:10PM   

Username:

Password:

Keep me logged in