Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Boxing Imitates The UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,763-1,032
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
London-based boxing promoter Frank Maloney has decided to incorporate a new concept into his business - he is now offering bonus money to the ‘Boxer of the night’ on his future shows.

The idea of bonuses for fighters would be a new innovation for boxing event producing but it is standard procedure for the UFC which has been awarding bonuses to match winners for many years now.

Maloney is best known in the boxing world for being the long-time promoter of former Heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis as well as his flamboyant Union Jack outfits which he wore to many world title fights. These days, Maloney mostly promotes local shows in England and says he will offer a 500-pound bonus to the ‘Boxer of the night’ which will be determined in a yet-to-be specified way (by text, posting a coupon from the show program or logging onto Maloney’s web site).

LINK

Post #1   10/8/08 1:45:18PM   

stock

Banned

Career:409-235
Chips:
That's a good start, but since there is usually only 1 or 2 headlining fights on a card, I don't think it will change the quality of the fights much.

They should add KO bonuses into fighter's contracts too.

Post #2   10/8/08 2:39:27PM   

tlangley

MMA Regular

tlangley Avatar

Career:425-240
Chips:
sounds good to me. Shane Mosley is the only reason i still get boxing PPVs

Post #3   10/8/08 11:02:38PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,763-1,032
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by tlangley

sounds good to me. Shane Mosley is the only reason i still get boxing PPVs

He left it late against Mayorga didn't he!!!

Post #4   10/9/08 1:08:07AM