Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

IN HIS OWN WORDS: Back surgery spurs Tito on

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
This was the biggest decision of my career… back surgery

Since the Randy Couture fight, I have had lower back problems. Each fight it got worse. I have made it though the last eight fights by physical therapy, methylprednisolone pills, and spinal injections for last three fights.

I fought injured time and time again for the fans. After the Rashad (Evans) fight, I told the fight doctor I was having excruciating back pain. It was so bad that my security had to carry me from the Octagon to my dressing room to the press conference and back.

This continued for the next four months. If anyone has had back pain, you know the pain I deal with. It got to be so bad that I was barely able to get up off the couch or drive for longer than 20 minutes.

Now try to imagine training for eight hours a day and having to fight formidable opponents like Rashad, and (Lyoto) Machida. From November of 2007 to May of 2008, I did two separate injections and worked my ass off in physical therapy so I was able to fight Machida.

During the second round of the fight I felt the same pain as I did in the Rashad fight. After the fight, I told the fight doctor I was having back pain. It never got better. I didn't want to fall into the terrible life of having to take painkillers in order to be capable of making it through training.

I simply refuse to fall into that trap. I started to look into other ways to help my back pain. I have done everything from rehab to injections to make it better and nothing has succeeded.

Link

Last edited 10/8/08 7:05AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   10/8/08 6:59:39AM   

cmb19932

Banned

cmb19932 Avatar

Career:199-169
Chips:
tito can still win but i think hes kinda using this as an escuse for losing the last few fights

Post #2   10/8/08 9:36:33AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cmb19932

tito can still win but i think hes kinda using this as an escuse for losing the last few fights

There's always a conspiracy theorist in the crowd. Not to call you out or to offend you or anything, but can't a fighter do something JUST ONCE without someone saying it's an excuse or "he's scared" ?

He's having the surgery. Chances are, it's legit.

Post #3   10/8/08 10:32:55AM   

cmb19932

Banned

cmb19932 Avatar

Chips:
no no no i know its legit but he could use this as an excuse for previouse loses hey im a tito fan why would i call him a liar hes a fighter so he probobly really does need the surgery but im not one for exscuses :

Post #4   10/8/08 11:04:38AM   

pinoymixplaya

MMA Regular

pinoymixplaya Avatar

Career:296-200
Chips:
Well I guess time will tell whether this was an excuse or not. Maybe the Tito of old will be back and dominate or he is making up excuses for lack of training or lack of interest in the sport, whatever the case may be, the answer will come from his next performance.

Honestly I hope the guy comes back and fights like he used to.

Post #5   10/8/08 11:12:49AM   

cmb19932

Banned

cmb19932 Avatar

Chips:
its not lack of intrest in the sport he loves mma hes trying to fight anywhere but hes also very expensive hope he comes back home to the ufc

Post #6   10/8/08 9:51:19PM