Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mir vs Nog

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

chitown97

Learning to Sprawl

chitown97 Avatar

Career:1,125-711
Chips:
I think Mir said it best when he described a fight with Nog as being in water, and Nog is a shark. Eventually, you are going to get tired from swimming and that is when he will attack and finish. I am picking Nog, 3rd round sub, because I think he will box Mir for two rounds and then take him down and submit him. I will say this, Mir is definitely practicing head kicks and is re-watching the Herring-Nog fight daily. For Frank to win I believe he has to knock him out, the longer it lasts the more the fight favors Nog. However, finishing Nog is something people have not figured out how to do yet.

Post #16   10/10/08 9:04:09AM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
Nog is one of the most underrated fighters in the world in my opinion. He is great I dont think that he will have any trouble with Mir.

Post #17   10/11/08 5:09:38PM   

metaray

Learning to Sprawl

Career:12-5
Chips:
I think Nog will win, I can see the ground game neutralized and the fight being decided by who has better stand up, which imo, is Nog.

Post #18   10/12/08 2:32:35PM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,526-937
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:

Posted by Tein_Lung

I have a feeling Mir could win this... its a fight i really want to see, you rarely see 2 top notch ground guys in HW go at each other

*shudders as he remembers Werdum-Nog and Werdum-Einemo

Nog does seem to have the advantage anywhere the fight goes. The one thing Mir has going for him is that he is a bit bigger and he's a very intelligent guy. that may be enough to pull a Randy Couture and set a fight pace and fight distance that makes Nog uncomfortable. But I doubt it. I think Nog hurts him on the feet, takes him down and subs him all within the first round.

Post #19   10/13/08 2:37:43PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2