Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Zelg Galesic

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

wkm311

MMA Regular

wkm311 Avatar

Career:66-37
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
This is a guy who the UFC really needs to pick up. Sick stand-up, decent subs, and he is a young fighter who would add to a thin middleweight division. He is currently fighting in Cage Rage at the moment, but I think the UFC will pick him up and if they dont then they are missing out on a exciting, youthful fighter. What do you guys think, is he ready for the big show, or not?

Post #1   3/7/07 6:19:32PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
the guys a good fighter and would be a great addition to a pretty weak division, i'd like to see this happen plus hes croatian

Last edited 3/7/07 6:30PM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   3/7/07 6:23:44PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
He's been picked up by Pride, hasn't he?

And I don't know about UFC´s MW division being thin.

Silva
Franklin
Marquardt
Swick
Okami
Kampmann
MacDonald
Terry Martin
Lister

I think it's pretty okay.

Post #3   3/7/07 7:08:24PM   

wkm311

MMA Regular

wkm311 Avatar

Chips:
I didnt know he was picked up by Pride, thats news to me, UFC should have picked him up...

Post #4   3/7/07 7:51:26PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

He's been picked up by Pride, hasn't he?

And I don't know about UFC´s MW division being thin.

Silva
Franklin
Marquardt
Swick
Okami
Kampmann
MacDonald
Terry Martin
Lister

I think it's pretty okay.

Yes he signed with pride for 5 fights

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #5   3/7/07 9:36:48PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
sweet Zelg is gonna be in Pride. And the UFC MW divsion is basically the best in the world in comparison to others.
How can you say the UFC MW divison is weak? It is clearly their 2nd strongest divison.

Post #6   3/7/07 9:43:34PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,369-1,558
Chips:
maybe/hopefully we will see him on the card in japan on april 8th..
maybe even vs cung le, like had been rumored before.. that would be a good fight

Post #7   3/8/07 8:30:51AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ffforgottenx

maybe/hopefully we will see him on the card in japan on april 8th..
maybe even vs cung le, like had been rumored before.. that would be a good fight

I doubt we will see that since Cung Le has been fighting with Strikeforce for the his MMA career. It seems like they are givign him Cannon Fodder for oppoents to. Since he has such a big fanbase as long as he is winning it will keep growing. I think it would be too much of a risk for Strikeforce to allow Cung to fight in Pride.

Post #8   3/8/07 9:06:22AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
He's fighting Takimoto at Pride 34 now.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #9   3/16/07 10:27:54AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:
should be awesome, im excited to see lil CC in the pride ring

Post #10   3/16/07 10:33:50AM   

wkm311

MMA Regular

wkm311 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Ive never understood why people call him lil CC, the only thing he has in common with Filipovic is his nationality.

But anyway, I cant wait to see him fight in Pride, though I wish it could have been the UFC that picked him up...

Post #11   3/16/07 11:40:24AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by wkm311

Posted by cowcatcher

Ive never understood why people call him lil CC, the only thing he has in common with Filipovic is his nationality.

But anyway, I cant wait to see him fight in Pride, though I wish it could have been the UFC that picked him up...

They trained together, I believe and when I watch him fight he does seem to have a little of Mirko's style in the standup...

Not as much the actual striking, but his posture and body position seem to resemble CC... Or maybe they're just trying to give the kid a compliment, considering Mirko is the best fighter to come out of Croatia (no offense meant to Pat)

Post #12   3/16/07 1:30:00PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by wkm311

Posted by cowcatcher

They trained together, I believe and when I watch him fight he does seem to have a little of Mirko's style in the standup...

Not as much the actual striking, but his posture and body position seem to resemble CC... Or maybe they're just trying to give the kid a compliment, considering Mirko is the best fighter to come out of Croatia (no offense meant to Pat)

as a croatian im offended, lol

Post #13   3/16/07 1:31:33PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by wkm311

Posted by cowcatcher

Its his awesome striking too. thats why they call him Lil Cro Cop. Not really a good nickname.

Post #14   3/16/07 2:00:38PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by wkm311

Posted by cowcatcher

as a croatian im offended, lol

My mistake, I'll put you over Zelg on my list until he actually proves himself on the big stage

EDIT:

1. CC
2. Militech
3. Cowcatcher
4. Zelg

Last edited 3/16/07 2:24PM server time by pv3Hpv3p
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   3/16/07 2:23:41PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2