Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

All these white vs black movies...

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by shackle

what a worthless post go back to sherdog ass hole.

No one is bitching. I'm just stating how I don't think these movies helps race relations.

It's time to move on. It's fine to know your history, but don't live by it, and hate a race for something that happen so long ago. I'm sure these movies upset people too.

As your mother tells you "forgive and forget".

Posted by loller90278

suck it up ol boy.
its your history so don't deny it.
and quit yur bitchin!

lol im sure your mom hasnt gotten through to you.. preach about forgiving and forgetting and calling me an ass hole in the same post.. smart kid

race wars never going to die kid, people seem to focus on differences, learn that.
until we're all frickin mixed prejudice is always going to be there.

and me, sherdogger?
heh, outrageous.

Post #16   3/20/07 1:51:15AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
No because it was sooooo long ago, and most people prob don't care about there great great great great grandmother they never seen. I know I don't cause I don't even know her.

Dude, the Civil Rights Act was signed in 1965. 40 years ago blacks were getting dogs sicced on them. Fire hoses turned on them. They had to sit in the back of the bus. They couldn't eat at the same lunch counters as white people. Go the same schools. Drink out of the same water fountain.

Watch the movie Mississippi Burning. Don't say they don't care. Blacks were put there more hell in this country then anybody elese. Just sit back and think about be forcefull brought over on a ship in inhumane conditions. Then sold. Forced to work in cotoon fields. Family's torn apart. Kept illiterate. Your life depends on some ignorant ass redneck, who might get up on the wrong side of the bed that day. You are freed in the 1860's only to have to go through another 100 years of crap.

Bobby Mitchell was the first black player to play for the Washington Redskins. When he got traded to the Skins in the 60's, he was taken out to dinner. While eating his soup, someone came up and asked if he was Bobby Mitchell. He replied that he was. The guy then spit in his soup. Bobby Mitchell is still alive.

JUst think about your, 'JUst get over it" statament. Put yourself in their shoes and then see if you can just "get over it."

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #17   3/20/07 6:25:06AM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
Kid? I'm probably old enough to be your dad. KID.

Sure I'll forgive you, but you don't expect a witty remark back? I just told the truth you act like a ass, and I'll call you one.

I wasn't speaking badly about anyone in this post, or bitching I was just stating my opinion on the subject.

I don't expect everyone to agree, but you don't have to be a ass-hole about it.

Posted by loller90278

Posted by shackle

what a worthless post go back to sherdog ass hole.

No one is bitching. I'm just stating how I don't think these movies helps race relations.

It's time to move on. It's fine to know your history, but don't live by it, and hate a race for something that happen so long ago. I'm sure these movies upset people too.

Posted by loller90278

suck it up ol boy.
its your history so don't deny it.
and quit yur bitchin!

lol im sure your mom hasnt gotten through to you.. preach about forgiving and forgetting and calling me an ass hole in the same post.. smart kid

race wars never going to die kid, people seem to focus on differences, learn that.
until we're all frickin mixed prejudice is always going to be there.

and me, sherdogger?
heh, outrageous.

Last edited 3/20/07 9:40AM server time by shackle
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #18   3/20/07 9:21:26AM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Chips:
I was talking about slavery. Which was 100's of years ago.

I never said Africans Americans where treated well, but all I'm saying if we (whites and blacks) don't let it go, and move on these things will stay the same forever.

Times change.

African Americans have many reasons to carry a grudge against whites no doubt, but you seriously think that is going to better our country's race relations? I do understand it's hard to forget of something like you said in your facts, but speaking in a problem solving sense I think it would help to move on, and thats the only way.

I'm not trying to turn this into a race war all I'm saying wouldn't it be best to move on, and try to start over. A whole new relation with whites, and blacks.

And I don't think some of these movies help in most cases they are making things worst in my opinion. We are going off the subject a bit.

I know what I'm saying will probably never happen, but it's kinda one of those wouldn't it be nice things. Over time I see things healing, but I guess it will never be the perfect race is a issue everywhere you go almost.

Posted by zephead

No because it was sooooo long ago, and most people prob don't care about there great great great great grandmother they never seen. I know I don't cause I don't even know her.

Dude, the Civil Rights Act was signed in 1965. 40 years ago blacks were getting dogs sicced on them. Fire hoses turned on them. They had to sit in the back of the bus. They couldn't eat at the same lunch counters as white people. Go the same schools. Drink out of the same water fountain.

Watch the movie Mississippi Burning. Don't say they don't care. Blacks were put there more hell in this country then anybody elese. Just sit back and think about be forcefull brought over on a ship in inhumane conditions. Then sold. Forced to work in cotoon fields. Family's torn apart. Kept illiterate. Your life depends on some ignorant ass redneck, who might get up on the wrong side of the bed that day. You are freed in the 1860's only to have to go through another 100 years of crap.

Bobby Mitchell was the first black player to play for the Washington Redskins. When he got traded to the Skins in the 60's, he was taken out to dinner. While eating his soup, someone came up and asked if he was Bobby Mitchell. He replied that he was. The guy then spit in his soup. Bobby Mitchell is still alive.

JUst think about your, 'JUst get over it" statament. Put yourself in their shoes and then see if you can just "get over it."

Last edited 3/20/07 9:51AM server time by shackle
5 total post edits

Post #19   3/20/07 9:29:29AM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Chips:
LOL! no I can't say I have.

NOT ALL mother I guess lol.

Just a example...

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by shackle

Obviously you've never met my mother.

Last edited 3/20/07 9:39AM server time by shackle

Post #20   3/20/07 9:33:16AM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Career:95-45
Chips:

Posted by zephead

zephead, everyones family went through some sort of bs, be it slavery religious persicution, whatever. the only reason you and so many others feel the need to kiss black ass is because its all you were taught in school and you dont know any better. so before you or anyone else calls me racist you must admit its the truth.

Post #21   3/20/07 6:25:09PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Chips:
I went to a mostly black school, and I seen many whites treated like shit, and ganged all the time, and I'm not racist. If you went to a school like this you would understand whites are not the only racist people. I know everything that your explaining I learned black history just like everyone else has these days. Racism will never go away, but all I'm trying to say is I don't think these movies help.

Carrying a grudge doesn't solve nothing, and isn't gonna make things better for anyone.

Posted by zephead

Last edited 3/20/07 6:38PM server time by shackle
2 total post edits

Post #22   3/20/07 6:36:47PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Chips:
listen "dad" or "ghandi" as you proclaim to be, start being a little bit realistic and not so much of a dreamer. prosecution and racisism and prejudice date back to before christ, and it's not going to go away simply because of hollywood not making shitty, redundant, bullshit, black power movies.

you can call me an ass, i call myself a realist and not so naive

Posted by shackle

I went to a mostly black school, and I seen many whites treated like shit, and ganged all the time, and I'm not racist. If you went to a school like this you would understand whites are not the only racist people. I know everything that your explaining I learned black history just like everyone else has these days. Racism will never go away, but all I'm trying to say is I don't think these movies help.

Carrying a grudge doesn't solve nothing, and isn't gonna make things better for anyone.

Posted by zephead

Post #23   3/20/07 7:32:08PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Chips:
Do you even read the post or just scan over them? Read my post just above you.

I've said MANY times that racism isn't going no where, and yeah I know movies are not going to change all of it.

These movies don't help though thats what I'm saying. I'm not saying if these movies didn't exist the world would be peaceful.. my god...

I don't expect the world to be a peaceful perfect place, but wouldn't it be nice for it to be a little better?

At this point it's come clear to me your just trolling.

so since thats the case Diaz > gomi any day anywhere.

Posted by loller90278

listen "dad" or "ghandi" as you proclaim to be, start being a little bit realistic and not so much of a dreamer. prosecution and racisism and prejudice date back to before christ, and it's not going to go away simply because of hollywood not making shitty, redundant, bullshit, black power movies.

you can call me an ass, i call myself a realist and not so naive

Posted by shackle

Posted by zephead

Last edited 3/20/07 7:53PM server time by shackle
5 total post edits

Post #24   3/20/07 7:44:46PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Chips:
the world would be a little bit nicer if the movie PRIDE wasn't made? wow dude i wouldn't want to live in your world.. it seems dull. how bout we all stop caring for this C level movie

Post #25   3/21/07 1:24:23AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Not to be a dick here, but this is why people need to learn history outside of public school.

First off, with the exception of the deep south, most places in the US weren't that bad before the Civil Rights Act. Granted, one of my fathers best friends grew up in Alabama and had a horribly violent life, most places we not concerned with the race issue, and were "further ahead" as far as civil rights go. Pre-Emancipation Proclimation, most states North of the Mason Dixon had already done away with slavery, and blacks had already worked their way into society. The Civil Rights Act took care of the hold-over states.

As for "Blacks were put through more hell in this country than anybody else", you must be out of your mind. Blacks were never rounded up and murdered to the last man, woman and child like Native Americans. They weren't sent to their death while building the railroads like the Chinese. They weren't sent into mines for eighteen hours at a time without food or water and run the risk of being crushed to death or suffocating like the Slavs.

The first man from my family who entered this country got off the boat in Boston after sailing here from Ireland on a ship of starving peasents, was handed a rifle, and sent South as part of the 28th Massachusettes Infantry, which was an all Irish unit that fought in the most bloody battles of the Civil war. They had one of the highest casualty rates of any regiment in the war because they were Irish and were given the most dangerous positions on the field. Plenty of people besides blacks have been shafted coming to this country. No one gets something for nothing.

As for "ignorant rednecks", plantation owners were some of the most educated and savy businessmen in the country, hence why they were successful.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #26   3/21/07 6:13:28AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by zephead

Not to be a dick here, but this is why people need to learn history outside of public school.

First off, with the exception of the deep south, most places in the US weren't that bad before the Civil Rights Act. Granted, one of my fathers best friends grew up in Alabama and had a horribly violent life, most places we not concerned with the race issue, and were "further ahead" as far as civil rights go. Pre-Emancipation Proclimation, most states North of the Mason Dixon had already done away with slavery, and blacks had already worked their way into society. The Civil Rights Act took care of the hold-over states.

As for "Blacks were put through more hell in this country than anybody else", you must be out of your mind. Blacks were never rounded up and murdered to the last man, woman and child like Native Americans. They weren't sent to their death while building the railroads like the Chinese. They weren't sent into mines for eighteen hours at a time without food or water and run the risk of being crushed to death or suffocating like the Slavs.

The first man from my family who entered this country got off the boat in Boston after sailing here from Ireland on a ship of starving peasents, was handed a rifle, and sent South as part of the 28th Massachusettes Infantry, which was an all Irish unit that fought in the most bloody battles of the Civil war. They had one of the highest casualty rates of any regiment in the war because they were Irish and were given the most dangerous positions on the field. Plenty of people besides blacks have been shafted coming to this country. No one gets something for nothing.

As for "ignorant rednecks", plantation owners were some of the most educated and savy businessmen in the country, hence why they were successful.

this is why i love svatrom
he says everything i can't conjure up into a beautifly written post.
i would have mentioned the japenese concentration camps and the reperations but perfect nonetheless!

Post #27   3/21/07 4:27:59PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Chips:
Make sure you wipe you mouth off after you get done!

First you don't agree with it now you do you should change your name to John Kerry(aka flip flopper).

It's clear you can't read also or don't read. PRIDE is just the target it's not the only movie in this genre of movies. READ THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD.

"All these white vs black movies"

And yes if they never made all of these movies I think things maybe a little better. Maybe nothing major, but better. [b]Ignore me, and this clown fussing I find some humor in it.[/b]

Svartorm I do agree with you though. Alot of races have had to go through alot worst Jews being, and Indians being some of the main ones of the top of my head.

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by zephead

this is why i love svatrom
he says everything i can't conjure up into a beautifly written post.
i would have mentioned the japenese concentration camps and the reperations but perfect nonetheless!

Post #28   3/21/07 4:43:28PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Chips:
my whole point was to get over it, yeah they're going to make a movie. me fighting online with an idealist (troll) online probably affected me way more than the movie PRIDE or any of these "white vs black" movies ever will.

and since we're on that lets forget all the "WWII" movies
i mean, it'd make the world a better place right

lets take it even further and forget "Epic" movies (300, gladiator, troy)
cuz the 300 was a direct against the iranians and all, right?

so to recap, stop paying attention to worthless things, and focus on whats important. (whatever that may be)

Post #29   3/21/07 5:27:51PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Chips:
Don't come to off topic forums then...

Nothing posted here is really important or matters.

In my opinion racism is more important then cro cop KOing a horse... HAHA!

Posted by loller90278

my whole point was to get over it, yeah they're going to make a movie. me fighting online with an idealist (troll) online probably affected me way more than the movie PRIDE or any of these "white vs black" movies ever will.

and since we're on that lets forget all the "WWII" movies
i mean, it'd make the world a better place right

lets take it even further and forget "Epic" movies (300, gladiator, troy)
cuz the 300 was a direct against the iranians and all, right?

so to recap, stop paying attention to worthless things, and focus on whats important. (whatever that may be)

Last edited 3/21/07 6:09PM server time by shackle

Post #30   3/21/07 5:46:41PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3