Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

All these white vs black movies...

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
This is aimed at the "pride" movie coming soon...

when will these movies end... I don't think this help repairs relations with white, and black people.

The only way this country is gonna move froward is to let go of the past.

It's sad.

Move on if we don't we will never unite as Americans.

Does anyone else feel the same way... I know it's a touchy subject.

This country is so divided cause things like this at least thats what I think. I guess it is our history though.

Last edited 3/7/07 5:44PM server time by shackle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   3/7/07 5:44:08PM   

deadcore

MMA Regular

deadcore Avatar

Career:69-52
Camp: FSC Fight Club
Chips:
Can't argue with you here shackle. Sometimes movies and other things are made with no consideration to he effect to it. Or maybe the film makers don't give a shit.

Post #2   3/7/07 6:51:16PM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:
ya this is pretty typical when fighting is involved. it seems like the first thing people want to know when a fight breaks out at my school is what race they are and THEN who won. i couldnt care less what you look like or what color your skin is when i fight or watch a fight but its really annoying when people turn it into a racial contest.

Post #3   3/7/07 8:56:04PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
You guys are absolutely right about trying to move forward but don't you think blacks have a valid right to be pissed?

I would be mad if my great grandparents were slaves. I mean slavery wasnt that long ago.

And Racism is still a reality for lots of people: Look at Guantanamo Bay. Just because they looked like terrorists they were imprisoned without due Judicial process.

Post #4   3/8/07 2:57:28PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Chips:
No because it was sooooo long ago, and most people prob don't care about there great great great great grandmother they never seen. I know I don't cause I don't even know her.

If we don't move on, and let go of the past our country will be stuck like this forever. Race will always be a issue I think ... I just wished we could all just move on, and get alone.

almost Every race went through slavery at one point in time.

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

You guys are absolutely right about trying to move forward but don't you think blacks have a valid right to be pissed?

I would be mad if my great grandparents were slaves. I mean slavery wasnt that long ago.

And Racism is still a reality for lots of people: Look at Guantanamo Bay. Just because they looked like terrorists they were imprisoned without due Judicial process.

Post #5   3/8/07 3:24:50PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Chips:

Posted by shackle

No because it was sooooo long ago, and most people prob don't care about there great great great great grandmother they never seen. I know I don't cause I don't even know her.

If we don't move on, and let go of the past our country will be stuck like this forever. Race will always be a issue I think ... I just wished we could all just move on, and get alone.

almost Every race went through slavery at one point in time.

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

How long does it take for a race of people to recover from Hundreds of years of oppression?
Its not like the Jews who were slaves thousands of years ago.
Remember that things like poverty, abuse, and depression are inherited from one generation to the next. And we see the results of these things in our prison systems/social systems today. im not trying to make excuses for anyone, but people have to be sensitve towards these issues. More so than ever. I realize that this generation didnt enslave black people, but there is still a deep rooted racism in America today. Look at how we treated muslum people after 911.

I think as time goes on the youth generations will put aside the stereotypes passed on to them by our parents and we will move forward, but everything takes time

Post #6   3/8/07 4:08:49PM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Career:95-45
Chips:
nothing but bulls**t to make white people look bad

Post #7   3/8/07 4:23:11PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi
I think as time goes on the youth generations will put aside the stereotypes passed on to them by our parents and we will move forward, but everything takes time.

Never going to happen. As long as people decide to keep their cultures preserved we won't be a giant melting pot.

Post #8   3/8/07 5:35:09PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Chips:

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi
I think as time goes on the youth generations will put aside the stereotypes passed on to them by our parents and we will move forward, but everything takes time.

Never going to happen. As long as people decide to keep their cultures preserved we won't be a giant melting pot.

Never say never!

Post #9   3/8/07 7:01:41PM   

EEKS

MMA Regular

EEKS Avatar

Career:182-110
Camp: Chicago Top Team
Chips:
I totally agree, move on

Post #10   3/18/07 10:57:49AM   

randyleprechaun

MMA Regular

randyleprechaun Avatar

Career:68-36
Chips:
I live in Northern Ireland and this bullshit will never end.
As long as there is ignorant people in the world there will always be racism & secterianism!

Post #11   3/18/07 3:59:22PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
suck it up ol boy.
its your history so don't deny it.
and quit yur bitchin!

Post #12   3/18/07 8:23:18PM   

shakeandbake

Learning to Sprawl

shakeandbake Avatar

Career:408-216
Chips:

Posted by jdubs

nothing but bulls**t to make white people look bad

agreed

Post #13   3/19/07 12:53:54AM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Chips:
what a worthless post go back to sherdog ass hole.

No one is bitching. I'm just stating how I don't think these movies helps race relations.

It's time to move on. It's fine to know your history, but don't live by it, and hate a race for something that happen so long ago. I'm sure these movies upset people too.

As your mother tells you "forgive and forget".

Posted by loller90278

suck it up ol boy.
its your history so don't deny it.
and quit yur bitchin!

Last edited 3/19/07 1:09AM server time by shackle
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #14   3/19/07 1:04:39AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by shackle

As your mother tells you "forgive and forget".

Obviously you've never met my mother.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #15   3/20/07 12:50:22AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3