Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

St. Pierre Joins Beckham, Jeter In Mainstream

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,817-1,549
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre has signed with CAA Sports, a division of Creative Arts Agency, one of the largest entertainment and sports agencies in the world.

CAA Sports will work with St. Pierre, alongside manager Shari Spencer, to help build new marketing and endorsement opportunities along with using the agency’s resources to create new endeavors in movies, television, licensing and digital media.

“Beyond being a fierce competitor and a tremendously skilled fighter, Georges St. Pierre’s class, integrity and humility also make him a terrific ambassador for the sport,” said Howard Nuchow, co-head, CAA Sports. “We look forward to creating opportunities for Georges that cross international borders and build upon his widespread appeal.”

CAA Sports is a world famous agency currently representing over 400 professional athletes, including the last five NFL MVP’s, and other sports superstars such as New York Yankee’s captain Derek Jeter, and international soccer player and celebrity David Beckham.

“CAA Sports is the best talent agency in the world and an ideal partner to guide the professional growth of the world’s best fighter,” Spencer commented. “Georges’ appeal transcends the Octagon and I am confident that together we can introduce Georges, and the entire sport of MMA, to a wider audience.”

The addition of St. Pierre to the growing roster of athletes at CAA Sports is a huge move for both the fighter and the entire MMA industry. CAA is an extremely recognizable company worldwide and their reach will expand St. Pierre’s marketability in many different areas that MMA hasn’t seen yet.

The significance of the signing of St. Pierre with CAA may not be seen on the surface to the average MMA fan, but in the long run the deal could be huge for both the fighter and the industry.

Link

Post #1   10/6/08 10:57:20AM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
good for him, hope he doesnt get too starry-eyed & start doin scorpion king trilogies or make a rap album

please do commercials, though!!!!

i really wish u.s.a. had japanese-like commercials....we r alrwady copying their game shows, y not copy their commercials?

Post #2   10/6/08 11:06:55AM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
i can see it already...GSP alongside Derek Jeter, Roger Federer, and Tiger Woods in a Gilette Fusion commercial

good for GSP though. he's definitly the person we want representing the sport.

Post #3   10/6/08 11:12:31AM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
CADR, a GSP Rap album would be ridiculously awesome... i'd buy three!

Post #4   10/6/08 12:18:22PM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:
Thats good am happy for him, good thing for the sport...

Post #5   10/6/08 12:20:03PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,899-1,095
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Bowen50

i can see it already...GSP alongside Derek Jeter, Roger Federer, and Tiger Woods in a Gilette Fusion commercial

The commercial we get for Gillette Fusion shows Federer and Woods, but we get Thierry Henry (famous football/soccer player) not Derek Jeter (whoever he is)

Post #6   10/6/08 1:01:12PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
About time somebody took notice. He's one of the most talented fighters in the sport. Very well rounded, represents himself and the sport very well in any public domain he's in, ever. Carries himself with class, these are the guys that should be promoted, fighter's with integrity. Guys like Fedor and GSP and Anderson are obviously at the top of the MMA world on a talent scale. In addition to that these guys are so far ahead of the majority of MMA fighters in terms of class and etiquette. Nice to see.

Post #7   10/6/08 1:20:23PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Bowen50

The commercial we get for Gillette Fusion shows Federer and Woods, but we get Thierry Henry (famous football/soccer player) not Derek Jeter (whoever he is)

there is the one with Jeter. i've seen the one with the soccer guy too.

Link

Last edited 10/6/08 2:17PM server time by Bowen50
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   10/6/08 2:15:43PM