Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

A. Silva vs. Marquardt

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Thoughts on this one? Supposed to be at the beginning of July...

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   3/7/07 4:28:54PM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Career:919-475
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
i think nate has a great chance i think better then travis had

Post #2   3/7/07 4:32:02PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Chips:
I think it will be a good fight. I love to watch Silva fight, he's amazing and his striking is secon-to-none, but I want an English-speaking UFC champ...sorry

I don't mean English as a primary language...I mean I at least want them to be able to do an interview in Broken-English

Last edited 3/7/07 4:36PM server time by waylon_o
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   3/7/07 4:35:09PM   

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar

Career:98-51
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

I think it will be a good fight. I love to watch Silva fight, he's amazing and his striking is secon-to-none, but I want an English-speaking UFC champ...sorry

I don't mean English as a primary language...I mean I at least want them to be able to do an interview in Broken-English

ya... who cares if they can fight as long as they can do an interview *sigh*

Post #4   3/7/07 4:39:10PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by waylon_o

Silva is a fantastic fighter...#1 or 2 MW in the world...I just want an English speaking person as champ. Personal reasons...I'm not trying to take anything away from him though. He's great

Post #5   3/7/07 4:57:58PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:360-191
Chips:
I have been very intrigued by this matchup for a while now and was hoping it would happen. If Nate really works hard I think this will be a five round chess match, with either man having an opportunity to win.

If it stays on the feeet for to long though Silva will knock him out easily, and if he isn't prepared I think Silva could sub him in the third.

Overall, this would be a fight worth seeing I think though and I really think he is the most deserving right now.

Post #6   3/7/07 4:58:04PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Chips:
IMO Middleweight is the UFC's weakest division, but I think Marquardt is a capable opponent.

Post #7   3/7/07 5:01:39PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by waylon_o

Silva is a fantastic fighter...#1 or 2 MW in the world...I just want an English speaking person as champ. Personal reasons...I'm not trying to take anything away from him though. He's great

I'm sorry, don't mean to be a dick, but it's comments like that that make me glad to not have an english speaking champ. Worlds best is a lot different from USA's best and UFC wants to become a more international entity. It shows some of the part time fans that being the best here isn't all it's about, most of them never heard of him til 6 mos before he became champ. BTW I think Nate has a better chance than Lutter did, but think he'll defend succussfully.

Post #8   3/7/07 5:07:10PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Chips:
I recognize the fact that he's the undisputed champ, not if's-and's-or but's about it. I was just stating that I would rather have someone who can do an interview that I can understand without a translator. He is most definitely worthy of being champ, I'm not trying to diss him or take anything from him.

Post #9   3/7/07 5:09:31PM   

wkm311

MMA Regular

wkm311 Avatar

Career:66-37
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

I recognize the fact that he's the undisputed champ, not if's-and's-or but's about it. I was just stating that I would rather have someone who can do an interview that I can understand without a translator. He is most definitely worthy of being champ, I'm not trying to diss him or take anything from him.

I really dont think Nate can hang with A. Silva. I like Marquardt, but I dont think hes ready for Silva right now...

Post #10   3/7/07 5:30:58PM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by waylon_o

I'm sorry, don't mean to be a dick, but it's comments like that that make me glad to not have an english speaking champ. Worlds best is a lot different from USA's best and UFC wants to become a more international entity. It shows some of the part time fans that being the best here isn't all it's about, most of them never heard of him til 6 mos before he became champ. BTW I think Nate has a better chance than Lutter did, but think he'll defend succussfully.

its only a language his fighting does his talking for him.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   3/7/07 5:47:41PM   

SteedTheDeed

Standup Guy

SteedTheDeed Avatar

Career:787-502
Chips:
if silva works on his takedown defense, he should ko him.

Post #12   3/7/07 6:14:34PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:3,116-1,776
Chips:
i'm not on the nate bandwagon, but he is deserving of a title shot, there's not a huge crop of 185ers in UFC. i think silva should handle him pretty easily by whatever means he wants to finish the fight with

Post #13   3/7/07 6:18:04PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by waylon_o

can you state your personal reasons?

Post #14   3/7/07 6:33:51PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Chips:
Interviews are big parts of the event for me...I always like to hear the interviews, and they tell you a lot about a person...Him having to have an interpreter doesn't give me the luxury of learning anything about him or his personality.

Post #15   3/7/07 6:56:52PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3