Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

**PETITION** Method of victory is more important than time!!

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by Punishment

its quite simple, calling the round is much more difficult then calling the method , that is obviously why it is worth more points.........

no shit sherlock! now try reading the thread again and understand what he was saying - it wasnt the amount of points its the fact you HAVE to get the round right to get the points for the finish

But what the mod says is fair enough, i spose they need to do it this way
- BUT -
you could make it more detailed and have extra points for say getting the scoring right if you picked a decision (30-27 or 29-28 etc) or you could have to put either KO or TKO, and maybe even with what (punch,kick,elbow,knee) same for subs (choke, armbar, kneebar, heelhook etc)

Post #31   3/16/07 7:39:24AM   

CWall33

MMA Regular

CWall33 Avatar

Career:413-243
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

- BUT -
you could make it more detailed and have extra points for say getting the scoring right if you picked a decision (30-27 or 29-28 etc) or you could have to put either KO or TKO, and maybe even with what (punch,kick,elbow,knee) same for subs (choke, armbar, kneebar, heelhook etc)

Wow, that would certainly fix the gridlock problem. Picking the exact method/score would be interesting, to say the least.

Post #32   3/16/07 1:34:08PM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Career:917-475
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

no shit sherlock! now try reading the thread again and understand what he was saying - it wasnt the amount of points its the fact you HAVE to get the round right to get the points for the finish

But what the mod says is fair enough, i spose they need to do it this way
- BUT -

i think that might make it to indepth for some ppl not everyone on here are hardcore fans and to still keep it simple. i don't think the gridlock will be as bad as we get longer into the season.

Post #33   3/16/07 1:38:26PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:
I sent some feedback regarding this a while back. The reason time is ahead of method is to avoid having multiple top spot players... see it as having a way to weed out players even more. Although I do agree that method is more important than the round, it's a nessesity on this site, and since we all play by the same rules, it's not a big deal really...

Post #34   3/16/07 1:54:49PM   

CWall33

MMA Regular

CWall33 Avatar

Career:413-243
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

- BUT -

Maybe even make these picks non-mandatory non-points picks. i.e. just for fun, or for fantasy money. It would add a whole new dimension of enjoyment to watching the fights.

Post #35   3/16/07 2:12:31PM   

Bagock

Learning to Sprawl

Bagock Avatar

Career:943-680
Camp: No Timmay's Allowed
Chips:
signed

Post #36   4/5/07 11:20:14PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I was just thinking of this last night.

I find it annoying myself that the points are linked like that. However, there are a few things that can be done to fan out the points for the method.

How about

1) unlinking them - i.e. a correct method of winning is mutually exclusive from the time of winning. Now one might say that the duration of 'decision' should be linked with unanimous and split decision (methods of winning), but I think they would be separate. People might gamble and try to split their picks to have a higher probability for getting points, but they also gamble on getting nothing if the outcomes turn out contrary to their picks.

2) make the number of options greater for the method of winning. i.e. separate KO and TKO? I don't know if this is controversial, but I figure whatever is official is official. That way the odds of just guessing the duration vs. guessing the method are about equal (except when it comes to decisions)

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about the current set-up. I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Also, I would think that it's wrong to change the point system half way through the season.

Post #37   4/6/07 11:11:39AM   

hcazlekker

Banned

Career:34-26
Chips:
signed

Post #38   4/6/07 12:58:17PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
if its an advantage or disadvantage,its a advantage or disadvantage equally........really dont care....i would sign if i knew what the hell to sign...

that link dont work for me..

Post #39   4/6/07 1:12:04PM   

Jamie98s

MMA Regular

Jamie98s Avatar

Career:762-517
Camp: The Lion's Den
Chips:
Signed

Post #40   4/6/07 1:37:51PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3