Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Kimbo vs Seth!!! (post fight chat) WoW!!

Print  
  Page 5 of 6   <<   2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by mellowguy625

well gina did kick some ass, specially towards the end of rnd 3, so women fighters frm EXC good. and as for EXC being done becuse of this, no way, They should give kimbo to TITO for his first fight there, how bout that for numbers:0 but seriusly he just got caught by a solid shot

You really thought that was a solid punch? Seth was aginst the cage standing on one foot when hit Kimbo with that punch. I was shocked that he was put down by that shot. Congrats to Seth.

ya, I heard ppl saying it was "just got caught" too. He didn't get put out by one shot. He went to get back up and started eating punches he wasn't defending and the ref waited til his arms went limp to call it.

Post #61   10/5/08 12:43:37PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by allmotormark

I have the fight PVR"D and there is some guy dressed up in the backround behind the cage yelling at the ref , did anyone see that? he looked like he was trying to tell the ref to not stop it, then when the ref did he looked so pissed,

I wonder how the athletic commission would think about exc having people on the outside of the cage telling the ref what to do?

ANYONE that can watch it again especially in the replays you can see him, can anyone see who it is??

after looking at it again you can only see him in the replays that show the different angles

Post #62   10/5/08 1:18:15PM   

JohnnyNapalm

MMA Regular

JohnnyNapalm Avatar

Career:22-14
Chips:
Is anybody surprised by what happened to Kimbo or just how quickly it happened?

Frank and the boys must have felt it coming; "Seth has a chance to become an overnight sensation..." (something like that)

Post #63   10/5/08 1:25:49PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Wow that gif is great I really like Hogan laughing in the background.

Post #64   10/5/08 1:26:11PM   

allmotormark

MMA Regular

allmotormark Avatar

Career:1,035-549
Chips:
NIce gif , haha you can really see what he is saying,

what he is thinking is $$$$$$ dollars down the toilet haha

Post #65   10/5/08 1:30:09PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
Shaw kept screaming back of the head to no avail...it is refreshing to see a fight be ended based on the fighters and not on the suits

Last edited 10/5/08 1:33PM server time by jiujitsufreak74
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #66   10/5/08 1:32:57PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
that gif is one of the funniest thing's i've seen in a while, right up there with maura's "greatest wi, in mma history" line. I guess dana white was right with what he said about shaw.

Post #67   10/5/08 1:34:42PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by mellowguy625

well gina did kick some ass, specially towards the end of rnd 3, so women fighters frm EXC good. and as for EXC being done becuse of this, no way, They should give kimbo to TITO for his first fight there, how bout that for numbers:0 but seriusly he just got caught by a solid shot

You really thought that was a solid punch? Seth was aginst the cage standing on one foot when hit Kimbo with that punch. I was shocked that he was put down by that shot. Congrats to Seth.

Thats a fairly common combo in karate. Its a push kick with a straight right. The thing that makes it hit hard is the momentum of the guys upper body when his hips are stopped by the push kick, and gravity as you fall forward with the punch. Its not overhand right, but it hits.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #68   10/5/08 2:10:29PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Shaw kept screaming back of the head to no avail...it is refreshing to see a fight be ended based on the fighters and not on the suits

Seth did crack him in the head pretty good though. I don't think it was going to help but he definetly hit him in the back of the head once.

Post #69   10/5/08 2:17:38PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I didn't feel like it was as big an upset as people were making out. Seth is a pretty solid striker. I thought the weight disadvantage was going to be a little too much, but he was a more dangerous opponent than Ken.

It was aggravating that the announcers couldn't just give Seth is due instead of making up excuses for Kimbo. There are no mulligans. If it were Seth on the receiving end I'm positive it wouldn't be considered a mulligan.

At first I was pretty psyched that Kimbo was taken out so quickly, but shortly thereafter I really felt for Kimbo. He was obviously embarresed and felt like he let a lot of people down. It was cool to see the fan's didn't turn on him and still cheered him on.

I'm probably one of the few, but I'd like to see Kimbo continue to fight. Now that the hype train is temporarily derailed it won't be quite so annoying. To me, he's kind of like a modern day Tank Abbot...and that's cool with me.

Post #70   10/5/08 2:35:05PM   

Biff_Tannen

Learning to Sprawl

Biff_Tannen Avatar

Career:56-39
Chips:
Here is the man in question, in a post fight interview.

http://mmarated.com/videos/v/20081005/jared_shaw_post_fight_interview-6099.html

Seems like this guy is just as shady as his dad was...

"Is Kimbo losing your worst nightmare?"
"No not at all, I'm glad Seth won."

Yeah, I can clearly see you're glad Seth won in this gif. Looks like you're rooting for Kimbo to me...
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r210/jimimak/skala-kimbo_seth-juggo.gif

Then he claims "All I want is fair MMA."

But I didn't see you sticking up for James Thompson when his fight ended unfairly.

The only thing I agreed with him about during this interview was what he said about women's MMA.

Post #71   10/5/08 3:06:30PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Wolfenstein

I didn't feel like it was as big an upset as people were making out. Seth is a pretty solid striker. I thought the weight disadvantage was going to be a little too much, but he was a more dangerous opponent than Ken.

It was aggravating that the announcers couldn't just give Seth is due instead of making up excuses for Kimbo. There are no mulligans. If it were Seth on the receiving end I'm positive it wouldn't be considered a mulligan.

At first I was pretty psyched that Kimbo was taken out so quickly, but shortly thereafter I really felt for Kimbo. He was obviously embarresed and felt like he let a lot of people down. It was cool to see the fan's didn't turn on him and still cheered him on.

I'm probably one of the few, but I'd like to see Kimbo continue to fight. Now that the hype train is temporarily derailed it won't be quite so annoying. To me, he's kind of like a modern day Tank Abbot...and that's cool with me.

I agree, I like Kimbo as a person, he's always as respectful as a fighter can be, he brings people in and he seems like a nice guy. I don't like the hype that was behind him, just as I don't like the hype behind Lesnar. To me the hype is in guys like Fedor, Couture, Nog, Shogun, Rampage, Wand, Anderson, GSP, ect. Guys that have acctually done something in mma, Brock and Kimbo haven't, and should be treated like guys with 3 and 4 fights.

Post #72   10/5/08 3:43:12PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by postman

Posted by mellowguy625

Thats a fairly common combo in karate. Its a push kick with a straight right. The thing that makes it hit hard is the momentum of the guys upper body when his hips are stopped by the push kick, and gravity as you fall forward with the punch. Its not overhand right, but it hits.

My DVR didn't record the fight and Isaw it at the bar i was wondering how he went down thanks for clearing that up.

Post #73   10/5/08 6:23:33PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
First off, that was Mauro Renallo, former PRIDE announcer that made the stupid comments.
Also, did anyone see Hogan's girlfriend, she looked just like his daughter. That's scary.
Also, I don't think it was Kimbo's gameplan against Shamrock that he stuck with. I think he would've wanted to stand with Ken, but they knew that Seth was a decent striker with a Karate background, so they planned to take him down. That's just my opinion.
Also, Seth weighed in at 206 the day before. He thought he was going to fight on the undercard. Then they offered him Kimbo, and only an idiot would say no to an opportunity to be on the main card. Seth's career was restarting after a one year layoff and any publicity is good for him, and a loss, nobody would pay any attention, but now that he won, they would and they are. He definately weighed more than 206, probably 215 or 220.
Also, I'm not sure what's left on the EliteXC/CBS contract, but I think they have another show to be put on, then CBS will probably cancel. With the financial problems Elite was already having, they were going under until Affliction invested in them. If they competely merge, that will make for some interesting fights. Vitor/Lawler, etc. Plus it would help Affliction stock their lower weight classes a little. However, this severely hurts Elite.
When Kimbo got knocked for a loop, I started laughing my as# off. I do think the ref could've let it go a little longer, but that would've just resulted in Kimbo taking some more punishment.

Post #74   10/5/08 7:30:14PM   

evilpimp

MMA Regular

evilpimp Avatar

Career:248-181
Chips:
all i can say is wow seth gets prop for stepping up and taking that fight even though he wasnt in the same weight class, and yes i did see some guy in the background yelling somthing but i couldnt make what he was saying

Post #75   10/5/08 8:51:41PM   

Page 5 of 6   <<   2     3     4     5     6