Today's Topics Unanswered Topics Avatar Bets Search PM's My Props Member Directory Premium Members Recent Polls Subscriptions Rules

Sponsors

Kimbo vs Seth!!! (post fight chat) WoW!!

Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Kimbo vs Seth!!! (post fight chat) WoW!!
Posted By Message

Naturaldisaster
MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar
Career record: 452-292
Season: 0-0 (#-)
Bankroll: $1,000
1731 posts
Joined 4/07
Kimbo lost. Simple as that. He's overrated. IDC if his game plan was for a fight with Shamrock. Does anyone really think he was gonna go out there and do anything other than try to strike with shamrock? Kimbo was gonna go out there and try to KO seth and set TKO'd him instead. Im just ready to hear the excuses poorin in already from all the kimbo nutthuggers.

Post #31   10/5/08 12:33:10AM   

MALICE
MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career record: 497-249
1448 posts
Joined 9/07

Posted by Pyrenus

It looked to me like Kimbo was shooting and that's why his head was low and he was in so close. I'm thinking he probably had a gameplan to take Shamrock down and work him on the ground. Then he could have the "look at me I'm well rounded now" win over Ken. It probably wouldn't be too bad of a strategy for Ken Shamrock, who I don't think has ever thrown a knee or kick in his life.

They changed the fight at the last second to someone who is a pretty good kicker. I'd guess that's why it took Kimbo's corner a little while to accept the fight. He stuck with the same gameplan and got knocked out.

Pretty Famous KO from a knee byShamrock.

Shamrock Knee

Last edited 10/5/08 12:43AM by xxMALICExx
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #32   10/5/08 12:36:33AM   

RampageOwnedYou
Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar
Career record: 246-144
937 posts
Joined 5/07

Kimbo lost. Simple as that. He's overrated. IDC if his game plan was for a fight with Shamrock. Does anyone really think he was gonna go out there and do anything other than try to strike with shamrock? Kimbo was gonna go out there and try to KO seth and set TKO'd him instead. Im just ready to hear the excuses poorin in already from all the kimbo nutthuggers.

I dont think we have any kimbo nutthuggers on the site, do we???
If we did, i dont expect them to ever come back to this site, ever again.......

Post #33   10/5/08 12:36:52AM   

Naturaldisaster
MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar
1731 posts
Joined 4/07

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

no I didnt mean on this site. I mean kimbo nutthuggers on myspace or youtube and definitly on facebook (someone posted a link to a group on facebook full of Kimbo's Bimbos) haha I just made that up lol

Last edited 10/5/08 12:43AM by naturaldisaster
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #34   10/5/08 12:42:20AM   

slapshot
In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar
Career record: 443-274
710 posts
Joined 6/07

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

There are a few from the mmaforum.com camp.

Post #35   10/5/08 12:42:51AM   

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career record: 1199-756
Season: 31-21 (#601)
Bankroll: $1,363 (#1096)
4062 posts
Joined 1/07
Kimbo should fire his management if they talked him into taking that fight, and get some management that actually knows MMA. Someone that follows MMA would have known Seth was a HORRIBLE match-up for Kimbo, as hes one of the very few guys from a karate background, and fights nothing like anyone Kimbo had trained with or seen before. The only logical fight on that card for Kimbo was Aaron Rosa, who he'd have had a decent shot at taking. I think the EXC brass or his management got greedy and wanted the ex-UFC fighter to put a feather in Kimbos cap, even though he wasn't even remotely prepared for someone like that.

Unfortunate situation, and I hope Kimbo can come back from this and get some more competative fights under his belt, and hats off to Seth for coming in and getting a huge win for himself.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #36   10/5/08 12:47:41AM   

Naturaldisaster
MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar
1731 posts
Joined 4/07

Posted by Svartorm

Kimbo should fire his management if they talked him into taking that fight, and get some management that actually knows MMA. Someone that follows MMA would have known Seth was a HORRIBLE match-up for Kimbo, as hes one of the very few guys from a karate background, and fights nothing like anyone Kimbo had trained with or seen before. The only logical fight on that card for Kimbo was Aaron Rosa, who he'd have had a decent shot at taking. I think the EXC brass or his management got greedy and wanted the ex-UFC fighter to put a feather in Kimbos cap, even though he wasn't even remotely prepared for someone like that.

Unfortunate situation, and I hope Kimbo can come back from this and get some more competative fights under his belt, and hats off to Seth for coming in and getting a huge win for himself.

Someone in his camp should have known how seth fights. to their mma inteligence

Post #37   10/5/08 12:50:34AM   

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career record: 1199-756
Season: 31-21 (#601)
Bankroll: $1,363 (#1096)
4062 posts
Joined 1/07
Exactly. Hes not a huge name, but I'm sure more than half the people on this forum would have known. I'm suprised Bas didn't say anything, provided he was there. The one thing that could be said of Kimbos chances in that fight were that Seth fights with his hands down and would have been in danger of eating a punch, but he was still definitely more dangerous than Shamrock.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #38   10/5/08 12:54:15AM   

RampageOwnedYou
Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar
937 posts
Joined 5/07

I'm suprised Bas didn't say anything

Same here, doesnt make any sense!

Post #39   10/5/08 12:55:48AM   

ufcboss
BANNED

ufcboss Avatar

Career record: 156-97
542 posts
Joined 6/07
Kimbo wanted to get paid, He needed more bread.......

Who takes a fight on that short of notice?? Either he was forced, Or wanted a payday.

Post #40   10/5/08 1:03:50AM   

juanez13
P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career record: 324-163
4334 posts
Joined 7/07

Posted by ufcboss

Who takes a fight on that short of notice?? Either he was forced, Or wanted a payday.

I think EXc was the one that forced him to (put alot of pressure on him). This was a crucial show for elite, this is the last thing they've got going for them, and they needed to make it count. No kimbo meant certain failure.

Although now with the results its as bad for them as kimbo not fighting. Their thoughts were probably: Arlovski/nelson-> both too dangerous, Rosa: will take the fight to the ground, Seth: will stand. Which backfired on them for reasons mentioned above.

I got a feeling that CBS will drop ExC after this show.

Post #41   10/5/08 1:11:11AM   

Pitbull09
MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar
Career record: 202-110
1649 posts
Joined 6/07

Posted by juanez13

Posted by ufcboss

I think EXc was the one that forced him to (put alot of pressure on him). This was a crucial show for elite, this is the last thing they've got going for them, and they needed to make it count. No kimbo meant certain failure.

Although now with the results its as bad for them as kimbo not fighting. Their thoughts were probably: Arlovski/nelson-> both too dangerous, Rosa: will take the fight to the ground, Seth: will stand. Which backfired on them for reasons mentioned above.

agreed. The Shaws are screwed and hopefully Jake Sheilds will go to UFC sooner.

Post #42   10/5/08 1:19:05AM   

Naturaldisaster
MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar
1731 posts
Joined 4/07

Posted by Pitbull09

Posted by juanez13

Posted by ufcboss

agreed. The Shaws are screwed and hopefully Jake Sheilds will go to UFC sooner.

Post #43   10/5/08 1:23:34AM   

RampageOwnedYou
Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar
937 posts
Joined 5/07
Elite Xc and CBS must have a contract. I cant see CBS dropping them with a contract in place. After contract up, then yes.

On another note, Ken Shamrock must be kicking himself in the ass HARD. To pull out of his fight, for being an idiot and going all out in training. It could of been him (possibly) in Seth's shoes, where he is the man of the weekend. Not saying Ken would of won, but damn he must be pissed. And to see Seth vs Kimbo is even the 2nd main news story on espn.com
Wow!! First time ive seen MMA go that top of the news on espn.com to date.

Post #44   10/5/08 1:27:36AM   

ufc
Learning to Sprawl

Career record: 541-353
13 posts
Joined 6/07
do you guys realise seth was 29 pounds lighter than kimbo oh salt in the wound

Post #45   10/5/08 1:41:43AM   

Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Username: