Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Kimbo vs Seth!!! (post fight chat) WoW!!

Print  
  Page 2 of 6     1     2     3     4     5   >>
Posted By Message

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
I'm sorry but I respect Seth, but he's nothing in the 205 division in the UFC. The fact that he beat Kimbo just shows that Kimbo isn't that much of an MMA fighter. Although I think the ref could've let it go a little longer, though it would've just meant more punches that Kimbo would have to take before the ref stopped it.

And after taking a year off to start his own business. Mauro's comments were crazy: "biggest upset in mma history," blah blah......You announced PRIDE fights, that can't be the biggest upset or best fight you've ever seen Mr. Renallo.

Last edited 10/4/08 11:46PM server time by Branwest
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   10/4/08 11:42:55PM   

BluegrassPikey

Learning to Sprawl

BluegrassPikey Avatar

Career:48-28
Chips:
God I loved that. A guy that couldnt get it done in the UFC KTFO's the poster boy in 15 seconds. I wish I could have watched that with Dana White.

Post #17   10/4/08 11:47:34PM   

Pyrenus

MMA Regular

Pyrenus Avatar

Career:430-263
Camp: Team World Class
Chips:
I'm glad I didn't have to pick that one!

Post #18   10/4/08 11:48:55PM   

RampageOwnedYou

Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar

Career:493-284
Chips:
The crazy thing about this is, who set up this fight? Shaw I imagine? If not or it was him, what happens from here? Does this kill elite xc? Seeing how a UFC fighter who barely did well in UFC, comes in to XC and basically takes down their POSTER boy in less than 15 seconds on less than 12 hours notice. What respect will Elite XC have in the eyes of the fans (us) and the competition? I personally think this is a huge hit. Seeing how MANY (not me) thought Kimbo could never be beat in Elite XC, and they try and throw him a job to walk through tonight, and he gets his ass beat in the way it did. Its embarrassing, and now Elite XC is being laughed at by all of us, for the most part.

I’m still in shock, and i really worry about what happens next for them. Seems to me like the only think Elite XC has on other organizations is TOP female fighters. Is this good or bad?

Post #19   10/4/08 11:51:00PM   

FrankTheTank1181

Standup Guy

FrankTheTank1181 Avatar

Career:1,487-880
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Well if EliteXC folds, the good fighters will just sign with other Organizations. I think they should have a women's division in the WEC, seeing as it is all about the lighter weight classes now.

Post #20   10/4/08 11:58:45PM   

Jshep714

MMA Regular

Jshep714 Avatar

Career:1,351-708
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
in a way I hate to see Kimbo be beaten because this will pretty much signal the end of Elite XC IMO.

I like tonights card though.
Ninja vs Radach was good
Roy vs Arlovski was good when Nelson didnt have him pinned to the fence
Gina's fight had its moments
and Shields showed why he is the champion

i think they feed Seth, Kenny, and Brett Rogers to Kimbo and hope he gets through them to build him back up
i do not think he is in any way done with fighting and i think he can still be a draw

and was that Little Shaw in the background yelling to the ref about blows to the top of the head

Last edited 10/5/08 12:04AM server time by jshep714
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   10/5/08 12:03:09AM   

mellowguy625

Learning to Sprawl

Career:111-95
Chips:
well gina did kick some ass, specially towards the end of rnd 3, so women fighters frm EXC good. and as for EXC being done becuse of this, no way, They should give kimbo to TITO for his first fight there, how bout that for numbers:0 but seriusly he just got caught by a solid shot

Post #22   10/5/08 12:05:00AM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
If you check the spoilers forum I called Seths win about 5min before the fight

Post #23   10/5/08 12:06:43AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by MuSh

"thats whats up."

haha kimbo must have been talkin about seth because kimbo wasnt up at the end of the fight

Post #24   10/5/08 12:08:03AM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by Kracker_Jap

If you check the spoilers forum I called Seths win about 5min before the fight

I called it 6 minutes before the fight

Post #25   10/5/08 12:09:34AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Chips:

Posted by mellowguy625

well gina did kick some ass, specially towards the end of rnd 3, so women fighters frm EXC good. and as for EXC being done becuse of this, no way, They should give kimbo to TITO for his first fight there, how bout that for numbers:0 but seriusly he just got caught by a solid shot

Tito is a LHW. they only did this fight tonight because they had noone else to go to. They will give Kimbo some can next time (the funny thing is that everyone there prolly figured Seth was a can).

Post #26   10/5/08 12:09:51AM   

cj_striker

MMA Regular

cj_striker Avatar

Career:341-252
Camp: Crucible Fighting Systems
Chips:
They definitely will be setting up a rematch stating Kimbo didn't have enough time to prepare as someone has previously stated. But I'm not sure if Kimbo could take Seth in the rematch, at least not yet. Seth isn't a top LHW by any means, but he has fought many tougher opponents than Kimbo and has by in the game a long time. But the bottom line is.....
Kimbo got caught, and even though the punch looked weak, it doesn't mean he has a weak chin, it was all about timing and placement.
This loss is actually good for Kimbo in a way, so now he doesn't have the pressure put on him unfairly by Shaw, he can go and train hard and work his way through the ranks and become a true mixed martial artist, not Shaw's freak show money making machine. I personally wish Kimbo the best, because they guy has acted with a lot of class for the most part and has been under tremendous pressure and has handled it well. Unfortunately for him until he gets out of Elite Xc he will never be more than a freak show, in this case his popularity before becoming a mixed martial artist has work against him, because everyone who doesn't know a lot about the sport has expected him to be great, when in actuality the guy is a big time rookie who has a lot to learn. Wish him and Seth the best though.
And don't even get me started on that dumb ass announcer, who is so stupid he's not even worth me remembering his name right now.

Post #27   10/5/08 12:16:29AM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by cj_striker

They definitely will be setting up a rematch stating Kimbo didn't have enough time to prepare as someone has previously stated. But I'm not sure if Kimbo could take Seth in the rematch, at least not yet. Seth isn't a top LHW by any means, but he has fought many tougher opponents than Kimbo and has by in the game a long time. But the bottom line is.....
Kimbo got caught, and even though the punch looked weak, it doesn't mean he has a weak chin, it was all about timing and placement.
This loss is actually good for Kimbo in a way, so now he doesn't have the pressure put on him unfairly by Shaw, he can go and train hard and work his way through the ranks and become a true mixed martial artist, not Shaw's freak show money making machine. I personally wish Kimbo the best, because they guy has acted with a lot of class for the most part and has been under tremendous pressure and has handled it well. Unfortunately for him until he gets out of Elite Xc he will never be more than a freak show, in this case his popularity before becoming a mixed martial artist has work against him, because everyone who doesn't know a lot about the sport has expected him to be great, when in actuality the guy is a big time rookie who has a lot to learn. Wish him and Seth the best though.
And don't even get me started on that dumb ass announcer, who is so stupid he's not even worth me remembering his name right now.

Mauro Ranallo

Post #28   10/5/08 12:19:32AM   

Pyrenus

MMA Regular

Pyrenus Avatar

Career:430-263
Camp: Team World Class
Chips:
It looked to me like Kimbo was shooting and that's why his head was low and he was in so close. I'm thinking he probably had a gameplan to take Shamrock down and work him on the ground. Then he could have the "look at me I'm well rounded now" win over Ken. It probably wouldn't be too bad of a strategy for Ken Shamrock, who I don't think has ever thrown a knee or kick in his life.

They changed the fight at the last second to someone who is a pretty good kicker. I'd guess that's why it took Kimbo's corner a little while to accept the fight. He stuck with the same gameplan and got knocked out.

Post #29   10/5/08 12:27:37AM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Chips:
Its not like its a big upset in reality, Kimbo is a nobody and so is Seth. I just think it shows how ignorant people that said "Kimbo would KO Chuck Liddell" are and with any luck some of the Kimbo fans will fade away as quickly as he will..

Post #30   10/5/08 12:32:52AM   

Page 2 of 6     1     2     3     4     5   >>