Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Did Gina really make weight?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Gina and Kimbo will never miss weight or be on the bad end of any kind of stoppage, decision while they fight in the ufc. Its a joke.

hmmm... let's see: they don't fight in UFC, Gina's already missed weight for EXC, how could Kimbo miss HW?, weights and dec's are SAC factors.....

Post #16   10/4/08 4:53:34PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,894-1,054
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I thought i heard someone say she dropped a towel to make those last pounds... the thing is though, she wasnt wearing a towel. They were holdin up the towels for her.

Post #17   10/5/08 3:09:48AM   

JasonSmolinski

Learning to Sprawl

JasonSmolinski Avatar

Career:159-90
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

I thought i heard someone say she dropped a towel to make those last pounds... the thing is though, she wasnt wearing a towel. They were holdin up the towels for her.

I'd say that more likely, the dropping of the towel is what gave her the 141. Not for sexual reasons, but everyone standing around was acting embarassed (not the crowd though) and then when she accidently bumped one her towels down, suddenly someone yells out that she made weight, so they can pounce on her and cover her up again. It was turning into such a lame spectacle that eventually someone gave in and yelled "good enough!" because they felt sorry for her. It seemed like a knee-jerk reaction if I ever saw one. She didn't lose that much weight by shedding her clothes. Period.

I know my underwear doesn't weigh 2lbs, even after they haven't been washed in a month.

Post #18   10/5/08 9:59:45AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
well from wrestling i know that the most my underwear has ever weighed was .4, and that was because i had just ran to lose weight and they were sweat soaked. Jason may be on to something with the knee jerk reaction and i think that is the most probably answer, but either way this whole situation is disgusting to me. this should be investigated because i won' stand for this. luckily Gina said she won't try and fight at this weight class, so hopefully you won't have to read my rants about her anymore

Post #19   10/5/08 1:07:27PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,283-1,272
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Colonic anyone?

The thought occurs to me that maybe what was recorded with the AC was her actual weight (supposing she did not make weight), but what EliteXC announced to everyone was the made up number. They can lie to us all they want, they can fail to mention a "catch weight" fight or whatever, fail to mention and purse penalties for not making weight, but as long as what gets recorded with the athletic commission is accurate they won't get in trouble. It's only a theory about what they might try to do for an fight that held such importance to their existence.

Post #20   10/9/08 11:17:30AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
she weighed in 3 times. the 3rd was when she stripped down and actually made weight. they just made the video look like 1 video, instead of 3 different videos put together.

Post #21   10/9/08 3:29:25PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Probably put some puppeteer strings under her ars and lifted her up a bit

Post #22   10/9/08 4:51:17PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2