Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cummo vs. Haynes???

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
To me, this may not be the best fight, but it could be the most evenly matched. Cummo's good on the ground, Haynes throws wild ko punches...I have no clue who to pick in this fight. What are everyone else's thought on this one?

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #1   3/7/07 1:46:42PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
I got Luke on this one he is more skilled than Haynes. Haynes just kinda swings and hopes he connects. I don't see Luke finishing Haynes tho, he has a heart of a lion.

Post #2   3/7/07 1:58:59PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Chips:
Well I knew Haynes was wild, but Cummo doesn't seem real agressive.

Post #3   3/7/07 2:07:03PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,955-1,234
Chips:
The suprise to me is going to be How Haynes looks after cutting so much weight. He has potential to be a decent contender at 170, if he's not drained from cutting the weight. He has got a pretty good stand up, and he can take a beating. Rory Singer and Bisping both gave him a pretty good ass-kicking. I just can't see him losing to Cummo. IMO Haynes 2nd TKO

Post #4   3/7/07 2:21:07PM   

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

Haynes throws wild ko punches...I have no clue who to pick in this fight. What are everyone else's thought on this one?

I keep hearing this. Since when does Haynes throw wild KO punches. I attribute this line of thought directly to TUF influence. The whole time he was on the show all he did was talk about his heavy hands. "Bring the Pain" Haynes is 7-7 with 7 submission victories and it's pretty much all rear naked chokes and guillotine chokes.

I think these two are the definition of "B" level fighters but I think Cummo has decent stand-up and good ground skills. Plus, I don't think Haynes conditioning is that great so I'm giving it to Cummo with a late 2nd or 3rd round Sub.

Post #5   3/7/07 2:25:33PM   

wkm311

MMA Regular

wkm311 Avatar

Career:66-37
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
This is a hard fight to call, I think Cummo is the better fighter, but Im picking Haynes by KO. I just think he is gonna land a bomb.

Post #6   3/7/07 2:27:00PM   

wkm311

MMA Regular

wkm311 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by crimethinc

Posted by waylon_o

Haynes throws wild ko punches...I have no clue who to pick in this fight. What are everyone else's thought on this one?

I keep hearing this. Since when does Haynes throw wild KO punches. I attribute this line of thought directly to TUF influence. The whole time he was on the show all he did was talk about his heavy hands. "Bring the Pain" Haynes is 7-7 with 7 submission victories and it's pretty much all rear naked chokes and guillotine chokes.

I think these two are the definition of "B" level fighters but I think Cummo has decent stand-up and good ground skills. Plus, I don't think Haynes conditioning is that great so I'm giving it to Cummo with a late 2nd or 3rd round Sub.

B level fighters? Forrest Griffin, Andrei Arlovski, Keith Jardine, guys like that are B level fighters. Try C or even D level fighters...

Post #7   3/7/07 2:29:34PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Chips:

Posted by wkm311

Posted by crimethinc

Posted by waylon_o

B level fighters? Forrest Griffin, Andrei Arlovski, Keith Jardine, guys like that are B level fighters. Try C or even D level fighters...

Andrei Arlovski a B level fighter? These other guys, definitely, but Arlovski? Come on man.

Post #8   3/7/07 2:32:44PM   

seeger1

Learning to Sprawl

seeger1 Avatar

Career:40-29
Camp: Demolition Den
Chips:
I think Luke is great,I hope he wins this fight.Luke,may the force be with you.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #9   3/7/07 2:44:58PM   

wkm311

MMA Regular

wkm311 Avatar

Chips:

Andrei Arlovski a B level fighter? These other guys, definitely, but Arlovski? Come on man.

I like Andrei Arlovski, the only reason I put him as a B level fighter is because, in my opinion, he hasnt beat any A level fighters

Post #10   3/7/07 2:54:12PM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Career:95-45
Chips:
cummo puts me to sleep

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #11   3/7/07 4:52:28PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Chips:

Posted by jdubs

cummo puts me to sleep

yeah he is a boring fighter but I still can't pick a favorite for this fight

Last edited 3/7/07 4:59PM server time by papercut
Edit note/reason: sp

Post #12   3/7/07 4:59:27PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by crimethinc

Good point. All I saw him do was flurry punching then he locks in some ghetto sub. The closest he came to a KO was when Tait fell in hopes to fool Josh and make him jump in his guard, otherwise he's all heart. Luke by sub.

Post #13   3/7/07 5:00:58PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:360-191
Chips:
Luke reminds me alot of Kendall Grove. Long, lanky body that makes it hard for opponents to strike or sub. He is good on his feet and Gumby on the ground, he can manuver with the best when it comes to getting position.

I take Luke by 2nd round sub

Post #14   3/7/07 5:05:09PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Chips:
Cummo is living proof that you can't judge a book by it's cover. Who the hell would have ever thought this guy was an ultimate fighter?

Post #15   3/7/07 5:06:31PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2