Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jacaré on Mousasi: “It wasn’t a lucky shot”

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
After submitting Zelg Galesic at the Dream’s middleweight GP, Ronaldo “Jacaré” Souza got to the final as the favorite against Gegard Mousasi, but an unpredictable kick put an end to the championship for Jacaré. “It wasn’t a lucky shot! I did some mistakes and he was the champion of the night”, said the fighter, who doesn’t thinks about a revenge. “I don’t think about a revenge. I wanna fight always and if one they he come to fight me, I’ll be very happy”.

One of the biggest names of the championship, Melvin Manhoef was submitted by Mousasi on the same night, but Jacaré was already expecting the result. “I was prepared to fight both of them, and the day after I said that Mousasi was more complete fighter and had more chances to win”, said the athlete, that comes back to train waiting for his new challenge in the event.

LINK

Post #1   10/2/08 2:09:17PM   

Focker101

MMA Regular

Focker101 Avatar

Career:1,394-777
Chips:
Pure Class

Post #2   10/2/08 2:17:13PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I only have more respect for Jacare now. His chin wasn't really exposed or anything. A lot of guys would have been knocked out cold by that upkick.

I did agree with what Zelg had said during the show though. Jacare does not like to get hit. It's a bridge he's going to have to eventually cross and get over. Sometimes it just takes time getting used to being hit. I remember my first few muay thai classes. When one of the guys (who I knew hit like a mack truck) would throw a leg kick I would kind of freeze up like...oh crap here it comes...prepare for pain..but I got over it eventually, and now I'm that guy

Last edited 10/2/08 2:39PM server time by Wolfenstein
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   10/2/08 2:37:04PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
major props to Jacare. nothing but pure class on his part. hopefully we can get both Jacare and Mousasi in the UFC soon. adding them to the middleweight division would definitly create some great match-ups. Jacare Vs. Palhares and Mousasi Vs. Marquardt are just 2 of the match ups i'd like to see.

Post #4   10/2/08 3:07:27PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,554-840
Chips:

Posted by Bowen50

hopefully we can get both Jacare and Mousasi in the UFC soon.

No! Cause that would mean that Dream has either folded or was unable to sign top talent. Sure I hope that some day we see these guys fighting in the states against the top fighters in the world. But I'm really hoping that DREAM is able to cement themselves in the Japaneze market and continues to provide good match-ups for them.

Besides, free on HDNET beats the hell outta dropping $50 on a PPV.

Either way, I think both Jacare and Mousassi have VERY bright futures ahead of them.

Post #5   10/2/08 5:36:30PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by Bowen50

hopefully we can get both Jacare and Mousasi in the UFC soon.

No! Cause that would mean that Dream has either folded or was unable to sign top talent. Sure I hope that some day we see these guys fighting in the states against the top fighters in the world. But I'm really hoping that DREAM is able to cement themselves in the Japaneze market and continues to provide good match-ups for them.

Besides, free on HDNET beats the hell outta dropping $50 on a PPV.

Either way, I think both Jacare and Mousassi have VERY bright futures ahead of them.

very good point but i don't have HD Net hahahaha. i'd definitly like to see Dream stay around but you have to admit adding these guys to the mix in the UFC would be pretty awesome.

Post #6   10/2/08 6:24:16PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
that is awsome, that is how everyone should be.

Post #7   10/2/08 6:29:02PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
after his fight with mayhem i was starting to dislike the guy for some things he said, but this completely changes my view of him. very classy move.

Post #8   10/3/08 8:28:15AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
it is nice to hear someone not make excuses for their loss. i get so tired of hearing "lucky shot" and i was winning the fight and the guy got lucky. jacare is the man and if he continues to develop his striking is one of the pure jits guys who i think will be a force in mma. a lot of the guys dont look to me to have the potential to become well rounded like jacare does imo. i think we will see his striking continue to improve and that he is gonna be a top tier mw. not only do i think he looks to have more potential striking than a lot of the great jiu jitsu guys trying to transition to mma but he also has a strong judo background that many of the other guys lack. that will give him a considerable advantage over some of the other guys, even the very good ones who have a tough time getting the fight to the ground. you can always pull guard but in mma, much more than in a jits tourney, you are always better off on top and jacares judo/takedowns will allow him to do that a lot better than most of the pure jiu jitsu guys that are transitioning. i cant wait to see where he ends up, as there are very few fighters that i get as excited to see fight as jacare, and i cant wait to see how he develops.

Post #9   10/3/08 10:38:03AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
this is the reason he has always been one of my favorite fighters. his JJ game is so advanced and the way he adapts it toward MMA is light years ahead of Maia imo. i only wish more fighters would be like Jacare and Kevin Burns because those two fighters make me proud to be a fan of this wonderful sport

Post #10   10/3/08 2:26:02PM