Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Kendall Grove: Comments and Thoughts of!

Print  
Posted By Message

4u2nv

Standup Guy

4u2nv Avatar

Career:705-497
Chips:
Quote:
On the recent and current crop of Ultimate Fighters...

"...It’s awesome for us as Ultimate Fighters because we’re slowly breaking out of that shell. People will start looking at us as true contenders instead of guys that were just on a reality show....You could see it with the earlier seasons, but now, it’s like everyone just wants to be on TV barking....They’re giving us a bad name. F@cking fight. If you want to act, go to Hollywood...I wouldn’t mind fighting those fags to show them what fighting is about."

On working with BJ...

"BJ is the man. I don’t just say that because he’s from Hawaii, but he’s the man. Look what he’s done in the sport. Just being around the guy is unreal. His mindset and how he thinks about this game…every time I go to train, I think about one thing he said and that’s, “If you disrespect the sport, the sport is going to disrespect you!” And that’s the truest thing he could have ever said and that’s with anything in life. With fighting, you have to respect it and know what could happen to you and embrace the risk."

On his future plans...

"Probably late February or early March. Hopefully February. I’ll start training again here soon and will be ready to go early 2009. I’ve been going non-stop for about 3 years. I’ve been non-stop since like a year before the show to now. I was just training and fighting, but now I had my daughter and I opened my school and I definitely underestimated the work that goes into opening a school. It’s a lot more work than I imagined. It only makes me stronger as a person and as a businessman."

On Cote's chances against Silva...

"He has a chance. Everybody has a chance, whether it’s a punchers chance or not. It’s a fight. Everybody’s human. Anderson is on and he’s been on ever since he stepped inside of the Octagon. It could be that day for him, but also, it could not be (laughing). I think Anderson is going to come out with it. He’s more technically sound and he’s just on right now, but you never know what will happen in there right now. I hope he wins it and makes me look better (laughing). I just hope it’s a good fight. Even when I fight, if I get my ass kicked, I just hope I put on a good fight for the fans; that’s all I care about."

His thoughts on Evan Tanner...

"It hit me hard. I didn’t know the guy, but I knew the guy. I didn’t know him personally, but I had watched so many tapes on him preparing for our fight, so I really knew him as a fighter. I met him a couple of times and we share a bond that nobody else can have. I fought him for 3 rounds; he punched me and I punched him. It is a sport and it is a business and unfortunately, there’s a winner and loser. I heard about it when I got off a plane...I actually just sat down and started crying for a little while because you feel for the guy. He wasn’t a dick. He did his own thing and was living his life and it just sucks to see a great, great competitor and a great champion leave so early. It’s always the good guys that get taken early; never the cock suckers. I feel for him and my heart goes out to his family because nobody wants to see that happen to anyone man."
A lot more from Kendall in the full inteview:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content3539.html

Last edited 10/2/08 3:57PM server time by 4u2nv
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   10/2/08 1:27:33PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,329-737
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
TEAM Dagger....Need I say more...

Post #2   10/2/08 1:49:30PM   

xposipx

go vegan

xposipx Avatar

Career:2,688-1,480
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Good interview and commentary, bad thread title.

Post #3   10/2/08 1:50:09PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
funny that grove doesn't like the way these guys are acting when he was the biggest jerk on his season. oh and he's the only tuf winner that isn't seen as a contender or an up and comer, just a mediocre fighter.

Post #4   10/2/08 2:03:00PM   

aaa9erh8er

Belt Contender

aaa9erh8er Avatar

Career:330-217
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

funny that grove doesn't like the way these guys are acting when he was the biggest jerk on his season. oh and he's the only tuf winner that isn't seen as a contender or an up and comer, just a mediocre fighter.

lol well said

Post #5   10/2/08 2:53:10PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i never was a grove fan i think he is the biggest tuf winner who no potential to go anywhere
he will be the first out of the ufc
and tuf 4 doesn't count lutter fans

Post #6   10/2/08 10:35:05PM   

BIGKAT

Banned

Career:267-177
Chips:

Posted by aaa9erh8er

Posted by nickcuc547

lol well said

Exactly. He must hang out with Rampage .. He said "It hit me hard. I didn’t know the guy, but I knew the guy." mmmmmmm k.

Post #7   10/4/08 11:43:58AM   

Amigop

MMA Regular

Amigop Avatar

Career:248-181
Chips:
the only reason he can even pull a win out of his ass is because he is just so much taller than everbody else. He doesnt have any standout skill, just a medicore fighter. kinda like tim sylvia, if wasnt so huge he wouldnt have been a champion

Post #8   10/7/08 1:05:01AM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by BIGKAT

Posted by aaa9erh8er

Posted by nickcuc547

lol well said

Exactly. He must hang out with Rampage .. He said "It hit me hard. I didn’t know the guy, but I knew the guy." mmmmmmm k.

Never felt Grove would amount to much IMO he's about one loss away from the WEC and to be honest if they keep his weight class he might do much better there.

Last edited 10/7/08 2:41AM server time by slapshot
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   10/7/08 2:40:39AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Great interview!

As for the comments about a weak chin, any guy that height is going to have problems with catching punches on the button. Sylvia has the same problem, and I'm sure Corey Hill will if he runs into someone that can strike at LW. Just because of the respective height differencials, punches will almost always land on the button. Hes an all around excellent fighter and I think hes a test for all but the top crust of MWs, but hes also very young and has a lot to learn as well.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #10   10/7/08 6:07:18AM