Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

When Is Buckethead Going To Take That Fokking Bucket Off His Head???

Print  
Should Buckethead lose the KFC bucket on his head?
Yes, it's done like dinner. 2 7%
No, that shit is still cool. 9 30%
Maybe downsize to McDonald's Happy Meal box? 2 7%
I don't give a fok either way - fok u Johnny! 11 37%
That empty bucket is a result of Axel's appetite for self destruction - cool! 3 10%
Ban 3 10%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

JohnnyNapalm

MMA Regular

JohnnyNapalm Avatar

Career:22-14
Chips:

Heads up everyone - I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet... I mean Buckethead. Dude is awesome on the axe and despite the misfortune of having to share the stage with Fatcell Rose and that other scary dude who's hair is falling out in clumps due to scurvy, he's already reached Rock God status. But has he taken that bucket off his head yet? Anyone? WTF?

First time I seen Buckethead on stage with the new G'N'R' I thought "that dude Buckethead is weird". The I thought it was funny, the bucket that is. Now I just question the whole thing and wonder if Buckethead needs the bucket like some kind of security blanket. I mean it can't be fun going on stage with a fokking KFC bucket on your head every night. There has to be deep rooted psychological problems involved.

I don't know, maybe Buckethead looks like a real tire biter and feels he needs the mask/bucket combo. Maybe he has a mug like that dude from "The Hills Have Eyes"? Whatever, it can't be worse than lookin' at Keith Richards' craggy face.

Lose the bucket, Buckethead - it's time to move on!

Post #1   10/2/08 12:28:02PM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
seems to be a close race between "fok you johnny" and "ban"

Post #2   10/2/08 1:22:58PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
that shit is cool! hope he never takes it off

if he did take it off, what would we call him?

Post #3   10/2/08 2:36:56PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
He wears the bucket because he rocks and because he can.

Post #4   10/2/08 2:37:06PM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Heads up everyone - I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet... I mean Buckethead. Dude is awesome on the axe and despite the misfortune of having to share the stage with Fatcell Rose and that other scary dude who's hair is falling out in clumps due to scurvy, he's already reached Rock God status. But has he taken that bucket off his head yet? Anyone? WTF?

First time I seen Buckethead on stage with the new G'N'R' I thought "that dude Buckethead is weird". The I thought it was funny, the bucket that is. Now I just question the whole thing and wonder if Buckethead needs the bucket like some kind of security blanket. I mean it can't be fun going on stage with a fokking KFC bucket on your head every night. There has to be deep rooted psychological problems involved.

I don't know, maybe Buckethead looks like a real tire biter and feels he needs the mask/bucket combo. Maybe he has a mug like that dude from "The Hills Have Eyes"? Whatever, it can't be worse than lookin' at Keith Richards' craggy face.

He is the only one in the world who can get away with wearing a bucket on your head. Its easy to say "he looks ridiculous like that," but then you hear him play and you realize that he can do whatever the f*** he wants to. Actually, I admire Buckethead for keeping his look. In an world where so much of music and popularity is based on what you look like, rather then how good you actually can play, and by Buckethead wearing ridiculous things like a KFC bucket, a plain white mask and occasionally a yellow jumpsuit, it stops becoming about what he looks like, and more about the music. Slipknot is very much the same way, despite using the crazy designs of the masks, they are otherwise a very "music over looks" type of band, which I respect greatly.

Post #5   10/2/08 3:03:01PM   

JohnnyNapalm

MMA Regular

JohnnyNapalm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

He is the only one in the world who can get away with wearing a bucket on your head. Its easy to say "he looks ridiculous like that," but then you hear him play and you realize that he can do whatever the f*** he wants to. Actually, I admire Buckethead for keeping his look. In an world where so much of music and popularity is based on what you look like, rather then how good you actually can play, and by Buckethead wearing ridiculous things like a KFC bucket, a plain white mask and occasionally a yellow jumpsuit, it stops becoming about what he looks like, and more about the music. Slipknot is very much the same way, despite using the crazy designs of the masks, they are otherwise a very "music over looks" type of band, which I respect greatly.

Yep.

And KISS wore make-up because they wanted everyone to notice how great their musicianship was

Post #6   10/2/08 4:45:34PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Yep.

And KISS wore make-up because they wanted everyone to notice how great their musicianship was

I thought they wore make-up because they were ugly jewish dudes.

Last edited 10/2/08 5:23PM server time by 40ouncetofreedom
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   10/2/08 5:23:19PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,450-1,133
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
Thats funny. It reminds me of when my daughter dumped a whole bucket of popcorn over this guys head and shoved the bucket down on his head cause he was picking on her. Of course we made him wear it for the rest of the night, that was one good hockey game.

Last edited 10/2/08 7:07PM server time by Darnok
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   10/2/08 7:07:05PM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Yep.

I thought they wore make-up because they were ugly jewish dudes.

Quite the opposite in fact for KISS. 6 inch platform boots, spitting fire, wings, stupid looking facepaint. All in an effort to get MORE attention in an age of plain and generic rock music.

Post #9   10/2/08 7:39:08PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Well he couldn't very well have people calling him "Buckethead" without the bucket, now could he?

Post #10   10/3/08 10:48:33AM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Well he couldn't very well have people calling him "Buckethead" without the bucket, now could he?

Yeah, not to mention the name "Head" would sound pretty stupid too.

Post #11   10/3/08 2:14:08PM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
Get this! He played a show at a club I used to do security for, He came in hours before the show started and left almost two hours after the show, and never took off the mask! He changes buckets periodically, but never took off the mask. When he ate dinner, he went way in the back where noone goes to eat. It was crazy, my office was right next to the green room so I thought I would see what he looks like,but no. He is the best guitarist ever.

Post #12   10/4/08 5:58:32AM   

big_timmy

In Full Mount

big_timmy Avatar

Career:188-136
Chips:
With that hair, there is only one possible person under there.

Weird Al.

Post #13   10/4/08 11:36:33AM   

JohnnyNapalm

MMA Regular

JohnnyNapalm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mrsumo

Get this! He played a show at a club I used to do security for, He came in hours before the show started and left almost two hours after the show, and never took off the mask! He changes buckets periodically, but never took off the mask. When he ate dinner, he went way in the back where noone goes to eat. It was crazy, my office was right next to the green room so I thought I would see what he looks like,but no. He is the best guitarist ever.

Best ever?

C'mon dude, there's guys out there that are equally good, if not better. But that's not taking away from his talent, he's definitely ONE of the best.

Randy Rhodes and Eddie Van Halen were pretty good in their primes (Randy was just getting into his) even though they never wore buckets

Post #14   10/4/08 1:00:21PM   

big_timmy

In Full Mount

big_timmy Avatar

Career:188-136
Chips:

Need i put a huge neon sign pointing out the obvious exclusion of the man in my avatar to your little list?

Post #15   10/4/08 1:03:29PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2