Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Quick Quote: Karo Parisyan inks eight fight contract extension

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

RampageOwnedYou

Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar

Career:493-284
Chips:

.You act like signing Karo to an 8 fight deal means that a multi billion dollar company can't sign other talent...It's a two way street, that talent has to want to come to the UFC.

Well why in the hell would you go sign a guy who JUST got injured to an 8 fight contact? Thats like you or me working for a labor company and throwing out your back, do you think when you return to work you are going to get an extension with the company for 4 years?

And im sure talent does want to come to the UFC....But when you come and say "we cannot throw top dollar to Fedor" this is why not....stupid signings...

Last edited 9/30/08 5:23PM server time by Rampageownedyou
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #16   9/30/08 5:22:18PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
First of all, Waylon (the above post), Karo's English is damn good. Yes he's Armenian, but he's been here for a while.
A few things need to happen:
1) He needs to mature: He gets emotional, pissed off easily
2) He needs to commit to training: He has never lived up to expectations because he doesn't train properly for his fights
3) He needs to go to and stay in a camp where they control him and he respects and listents, like Greg Jackson-someone who can motivate him. The last I heard he was with Jackson. If so he needs to stay there and work with those guys. They're the real deal. They're hungry.

Karo may be the best at adapting Judo to use in mma. However, most of his fights lately go to a decision and Karo often gasses. He needs to work on his conditioning and needs to be more driven. He needs to want to win and stop running his mouth. I used to love Karo but now he just gets on my nerves. He is still young and has a ton of potential if he just stays with it and gets motivated.

Last edited 9/30/08 5:28PM server time by Branwest
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   9/30/08 5:26:32PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by RampageOwnedYou
Well why in the hell would you go sign a guy who JUST got injured to an 8 fight contact? Thats like you or me working for a labor company and throwing out your back, do you think when you return to work you are going to get an extension with the company for 4 years?

And im sure talent does want to come to the UFC....But when you come and say "we cannot throw top dollar to Fedor" this is why not....stupid signings...

From what I remember they offered Fedor $2 million per fight, but his management declined because the UFC wouldn't let him compete in his sambo tournaments.
As for giving him the 8 fight contract, I think that they are just showing that they have faith in him.

Post #18   9/30/08 7:30:39PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Branwest

First of all, Waylon (the above post), Karo's English is damn good. Yes he's Armenian, but he's been here for a while.
A few things need to happen:
1) He needs to mature: He gets emotional, pissed off easily
2) He needs to commit to training: He has never lived up to expectations because he doesn't train properly for his fights
3) He needs to go to and stay in a camp where they control him and he respects and listents, like Greg Jackson-someone who can motivate him. The last I heard he was with Jackson. If so he needs to stay there and work with those guys. They're the real deal. They're hungry.

Karo may be the best at adapting Judo to use in mma. However, most of his fights lately go to a decision and Karo often gasses. He needs to work on his conditioning and needs to be more driven. He needs to want to win and stop running his mouth. I used to love Karo but now he just gets on my nerves. He is still young and has a ton of potential if he just stays with it and gets motivated.

I agree with almost everything, aside from him getting on my nerves. I still love the guy, but I agree he needs to mature, commit to training, and stick with Greg Jackson.
It said something to me how much potential Karo has, when Greg Jackson relocated camp to California to train Karo before he was supposed to fight at 88.
Can't wait for him to get back in the cage though.

Post #19   9/30/08 8:11:21PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

i dont wanna see him fight 8 more times in the ufc

Why his fights are normally exciting.

meh he just doesnt do it for me...
never has