Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Exclusive: Chris Leben Talks Fighting Bisping and the Judges at UFC 89 in England

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
CagePotato.com: Hey Chris. Thanks for talking with me. We’re a few weeks out from the fight. How is your preparation coming?

Really good, really well. It’s been long and intense and I’m kind of just getting to the point now where I’m ready to go fight and get this thing over with.

It seems like things really changed for you when you moved to Hawaii. What has that move done for you?

You know, it’s great. Moving to Hawaii is definitely the best thing I’ve ever done in my life. I had the opportunity to be the head coach at Icon and there are a whole bunch of guys out here training with me who are just great. But besides the gym and the wonderful people out here you have the weather and everything that is Hawaii. It’s been really conducive to my training.

I hear a lot of people say you’re much more mature these days, no longer such a wild guy in and out of the cage. What do you think prompted that transformation?

Losing (laughs). You know, I got away with being a brawler for a long time. And it’s hard to change things when they’re working. But when I fought Anderson I realized, I might be able to beat 95% of the guys out there, but I’ll never be a world champion fighting this way. So I had to go back and change a lot of things. That was one part of it.

And the other part was, you know, coaching. Now that I have a team of amateur guys fighting, it’s hard to tell them to do something if you’re not doing it yourself.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   9/29/08 2:20:47PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,857-1,079
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Get your excuses in early.....

Post #2   9/29/08 3:49:44PM   

WrestlersAssassin

MMA Regular

WrestlersAssassin Avatar

Career:153-86
Chips:
I cant wait for this beating hes going to unleash.

Post #3   9/29/08 3:54:56PM   

Red-Dragon

In Full Mount

Red-Dragon Avatar

Career:337-201
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:

Posted by WrestlersAssassin

You are going to be SHOCKED. Bisping will KO Leben. Mark my words.

Post #4   9/29/08 4:31:32PM   

Ben_Hutch

Banned

Career:282-168
Chips:

Posted by Red-Dragon

Agreed.

******* WAR MIKEY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #5   9/29/08 4:49:18PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
bisping will KO leben? really?

bisping hasnt had a KO in 4 years. His most recent KO was against epstein who has lost half of his fights by KO, and his other KO was against a no name with a 1-2 record.

Leben has NEVER been KOed. His chin has been tested by some of the best and the only person to ever come close to a KO is silva... and even he settled for the TKO.

Now you wanna compare records? yes bisping is 16-1 but how many wins does he have over a top10 opponent.... how many wins over a top 15 opponent? what about a top 20 opponent? top 25? darn... well... i guess i could argue hamill somewhere in there with his 4-2 record... but wait? wasnt that a really close match that even bispings hometown fans booed?

what about lebens record? well he does have 4 losses.. but... he's got wins over sakara, martin, santiago, fiorvanti, (current no1 contender) cote, swick, and dewees.... i guess that list is a little more respectable than charles mcarthy, elvis sinosic, and josh haynes.

I'm not here to argue talent, determination, physical gifts or otherwise... but pointing out that you should think the fight through before you walk into the bar and start betting your paycheque on leben getting KOed

Post #6   9/29/08 10:50:45PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

bisping hasnt had a KO in 4 years. His most recent KO was against epstein who has lost half of his fights by KO, and his other KO was against a no name with a 1-2 record.

Leben has NEVER been KOed. His chin has been tested by some of the best and the only person to ever come close to a KO is silva... and even he settled for the TKO.

Now you wanna compare records? yes bisping is 16-1 but how many wins does he have over a top10 opponent.... how many wins over a top 15 opponent? what about a top 20 opponent? top 25? darn... well... i guess i could argue hamill somewhere in there with his 4-2 record... but wait? wasnt that a really close match that even bispings hometown fans booed?

what about lebens record? well he does have 4 losses.. but... he's got wins over sakara, martin, santiago, fiorvanti, (current no1 contender) cote, swick, and dewees.... i guess that list is a little more respectable than charles mcarthy, elvis sinosic, and josh haynes.

I'm not here to argue talent, determination, physical gifts or otherwise... but pointing out that you should think the fight through before you walk into the bar and start betting your paycheque on leben getting KOed

I agree. I made this exact same argument in another thread.

Post #7   9/30/08 12:28:56AM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

The only thing I would add is a little john YEAH!!

Post #8   9/30/08 9:18:04AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,023-1,136
Chips:

Posted by Red-Dragon

Markin' em' down as we speak.

Post #9   9/30/08 9:25:30AM   

WrestlersAssassin

MMA Regular

WrestlersAssassin Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Red-Dragon

If by shocked you mean the unconscious look on bisbings face then yeah shocking is a good word. If mike wins its by gift decision or playing the machida card (i like machida no disrespect here)

Post #10   9/30/08 4:15:49PM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Get your excuses in early.....

he wasn't making excuses. he is saying that to win he has to finish bisping and not let it go to the judges, because well... we all know what happened in the hamill fight.

Post #11   9/30/08 5:48:27PM   

DvS

MMA Regular

DvS Avatar

Career:32-26
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
Leben is going to knock Bisping stiff as a board.

Post #12   9/30/08 6:26:25PM   

Ben_Hutch

Banned

Career:282-168
Chips:

Posted by Red-Dragon

If by shocked you mean the unconscious look on bisbings face then yeah shocking is a good word. If mike wins its by gift decision or playing the machida card (i like machida no disrespect here)

Thankyou for your wise words young chosen one

Post #13   9/30/08 7:37:06PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

I agree with this bad ass post.....

Post #14   9/30/08 10:24:20PM   

WrestlersAssassin

MMA Regular

WrestlersAssassin Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by Red-Dragon

Thankyou for your wise words young chosen one

Horray Im young cus ben hooch says so, I suppose its illigal to hate bisbing in england so you cant have a mind of your own, sad really.

Post #15   10/3/08 4:09:08PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2