Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Aleksander Emelianenko to Fight on Affliction's January Show

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,782-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Aleksander Emelianenko will be fighting at Affliction’s next mixed martial show in the New Year.

Speaking exclusively to Fighters Only earlier, the Russian heavyweight revealed that he will be heading to the USA soon to film promotional videos for the event.

“I am going back to the States next week to do interviews and make some film for the January event,” he said.

“But I don’t know about any opponent yet, all that is in the process of being sorted out.”

Aleks added that he may also “fight around Christmas-time in Japan”.

LINK

Post #1   9/29/08 1:38:47AM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Aleksander Emelianenko will be fighting at Affliction’s next mixed martial show in the New Year.

Speaking exclusively to Fighters Only earlier, the Russian heavyweight revealed that he will be heading to the USA soon to film promotional videos for the event.

“I am going back to the States next week to do interviews and make some film for the January event,” he said.

“But I don’t know about any opponent yet, all that is in the process of being sorted out.”

Aleks added that he may also “fight around Christmas-time in Japan”.

I thought he could not fight in the US, what was the reson for that in the first place and has he fixed it?

LINK

Post #2   9/29/08 2:17:55AM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
fabulous news.....hope they give him a good opponent & not a can

Post #3   9/29/08 2:53:11AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Weird, the guy from CSAC said he'd never fight in the US, based on some confidential medical issues, so I wonder what that means? CSAC are very strict about medicals so maybe its something that wasn't such an issue as the Hep B rumor, and he was able to fix it. Seems odd the guy would say he'd "never" fight again if it was a problem that could be remedied though.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #4   9/29/08 3:11:24AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Weird, the guy from CSAC said he'd never fight in the US, based on some confidential medical issues, so I wonder what that means? CSAC are very strict about medicals so maybe its something that wasn't such an issue as the Hep B rumor, and he was able to fix it. Seems odd the guy would say he'd "never" fight again if it was a problem that could be remedied though.

I know you and I have disagreed on Alek's genuineness in the past. This news raises some real questions about the CSAC. If he does end up fighting in the US, it's another blow to their already shaky credibility.

From http://www.afflictiongoldenboy.com/

Aleksander Emelianenko will likely face either his original opponent for Affliction BANNED, Paul Buentello or he will face Josh Barnett who approached Aleksander backstage during the July PPV and challenged him in dramatic fashion.

Last edited 9/29/08 4:45AM server time by manfred
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #5   9/29/08 3:53:36AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I hope he does fight. I think CSAC is a shady as they come and if he fights it will prove they're not to be trusted IMO

Post #6   9/29/08 11:08:29AM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

I hope they tell his opponent exactly what (if anything) is wrong with Aleks.

Post #7   9/29/08 11:17:48AM