Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Enson Inoue on Pride's financial situation

Print  
Posted By Message

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:
Very interesting interview...

Enson Inoue interview

Last edited 3/6/07 8:29PM server time by richieb19
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   3/6/07 8:28:37PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I wishI knew if he was a non-partial source or shilling for Pride. He beat my boy Randy when he vacated the belt the first time so I've never liked him. I would like it if the UFC bought Pride US and then we could have cross-promotional matches, but I think this is wishful thinking right now. Since he seems so close to Pride I put about as much stock in it as I would a opinion from a UFC guy. That is to say , not a lot.Thanks for the interview though, it was definately was interesting.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   3/6/07 8:47:56PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I wishI knew if he was a non-partial source or shilling for Pride. He beat my boy Randy when he vacated the belt the first time so I've never liked him. I would like it if the UFC bought Pride US and then we could have cross-promotional matches, but I think this is wishful thinking right now. Since he seems so close to Pride I put about as much stock in it as I would a opinion from a UFC guy. That is to say , not a lot.Thanks for the interview though, it was definately was interesting.

Yeah, you have to take what he says with a grain of salt as he seems to be more on Pride's side of the fence, plus he says most of what he knows is based on rumour anyways...

...just to rub it in:
Randy Coutoure Vs. Enson Inoue

Post #3   3/6/07 11:19:23PM   

migo

MMA Regular

migo Avatar

Career:11-12
Chips:
Interesting point about everything being Yakuza. I guess they just have to wait for smoke to blow over.

Post #4   3/7/07 3:24:00AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
You know, UFC matchmaker Joe Silva (I think that's his last name) was like in the 2nd or 3rd row. Why would BJM or Randy have to sit in the back, esp since Randy trains with Hendo? He was probably in the locker room

Post #5   3/7/07 12:54:06PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Manfred

You know, UFC matchmaker Joe Silva (I think that's his last name) was like in the 2nd or 3rd row. Why would BJM or Randy have to sit in the back, esp since Randy trains with Hendo? He was probably in the locker room

Yea, doesnt make full sence to me either, but who knows...

Post #6   3/7/07 7:39:51PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
I don't mean to discredit Enson, but some things don't add up, Lorenzo was at the first US PRIDE event too, I remember seeing him in the crowd, right in front.

Last edited 3/8/07 12:33AM server time by manfred
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   3/8/07 12:32:56AM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Manfred

I don't mean to discredit Enson, but some things don't add up, Lorenzo was at the first US PRIDE event too, I remember seeing him in the crowd, right in front.

I know, thats why it surprizes me... maybe he mistook Randy sitting in the back as a sign that he was not accepted?

Post #8   3/8/07 1:06:57AM