Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Carano continues her battle for respect

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,806-1,051
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Gina Carano is a fighter, not a blogger or a journalist, so she struggles to understand descriptions of her as a “pin-up girl” and as a “model turned fighter.”

And Carano, who meets Kelly Kobold-Gavin on Oct. 4 on an EliteXC show on CBS at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla., is quickly learning that fame isn’t all the compelling.

“I don’t even know what a pin-up girl is, and I’ve never called myself a pin-up girl or done anything to try to depict myself in any way other than as a woman who likes to be attractive but who also likes to fight,” Carano said. “I haven’t taken raunchy pictures. I haven’t done anything that would embarrass myself, my family or my sport, but I see people writing things like that and it’s so discouraging.”

LINK

Post #1   9/26/08 12:28:09AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,806-1,051
Chips:
Gina, this respect you crave so much, you will earn it in droves if you show dedication and make ******* weight

Post #2   9/26/08 12:30:02AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
everyone knows how i feel about this...i'll just keep my thoughts to myself this time

EDIT: had too...

Last edited 9/26/08 5:16PM server time by jiujitsufreak74
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #3   9/26/08 12:36:38AM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
Oh poo.... On all the Haters.....

Gina you make weight for me

Post #4   9/26/08 3:18:16AM   

JohnnyNapalm

MMA Regular

JohnnyNapalm Avatar

Career:22-14
Chips:
Who gets respect first - Gina Carano or Paris Hilton?

Seriously, I think Paris is turning the corner. Gone from retard to semi-retard.

Post #5   9/26/08 4:43:09AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Gina Carano said

“I haven’t taken raunchy pictures. I haven’t done anything that would embarrass myself... or my sport, but I see people writing things like that and it’s so discouraging.”

That fact that you've missed weight (how many times?) is one of the main reasons you have embarrassed yourself and the sport. That fact that you (apparently) don't realize it is yet another reason people criticize you.

Post #6   9/26/08 9:23:47AM   

stock

Banned

Career:409-235
Chips:
Why isn't she fighting Cyborg next?

Post #7   9/26/08 11:10:09AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by stock

Probably because she would lose.

Post #8   9/26/08 11:10:59AM   

stock

Banned

Career:409-235
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by stock

That's what I was thinking.

At first I thought maybe it was a contract thing or an injury or something.
Then I saw them both fighting on the same card, and was like, WTF?

Post #9   9/26/08 12:42:33PM   

SUPERMAN155

Learning to Sprawl

SUPERMAN155 Avatar

Career:1,148-765
Camp: TEAM DEMON
Chips:
gina is a beast, quit hatin. nobody knows what goes on behind the scenes, everybody jus assumes. she has beat sum tuff fighters, and yeh she hasnt made weight a few times but only her and her camp knows why 4real, everybody else is just guessing and talkin trash. who knows she may not be very good at cutting weight yet,or something like that, im sure she will get better at it. im not saying she is unstoppable, but she is a good ass fighter and she deserves respect.

Post #10   9/26/08 5:08:40PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by SUPERMAN155

gina is a beast, quit hatin. nobody knows what goes on behind the scenes, everybody jus assumes. she has beat sum tuff fighters, and yeh she hasnt made weight a few times but only her and her camp knows why 4real, everybody else is just guessing and talkin trash. who knows she may not be very good at cutting weight yet,or something like that, im sure she will get better at it. im not saying she is unstoppable, but she is a good ass fighter and she deserves respect.

100% disagree. making weight is part of your job. unless you get an injury one week before the fight you should make the weight every time. this isn't a one time thing either, she has missed weight 4 times, and one of those times was 4,5 pounds over her own weight class made so that she would make weight. no excuses, idc, you are a professional and until she can do her job i won't respect her. all this time she is complaining about not getting respect she could be on the treadmill.

Post #11   9/26/08 5:16:32PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:1,996-1,112
Chips:
she would get killed by cyborg

Post #12   9/26/08 5:29:03PM   

Solidus

MMA Regular

Solidus Avatar

Career:1,543-892
Camp: GORILLA WARFARE
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by stock

Yep, EXC needs to build up their stars like the WWE.

Post #13   9/26/08 5:57:09PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:
Shes still a good fighter though. but needs to make weight.

Post #14   9/26/08 5:58:58PM   

SUPERMAN155

Learning to Sprawl

SUPERMAN155 Avatar

Career:1,148-765
Camp: TEAM DEMON
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by SUPERMAN155

100% disagree. making weight is part of your job. unless you get an injury one week before the fight you should make the weight every time. this isn't a one time thing either, she has missed weight 4 times, and one of those times was 4,5 pounds over her own weight class made so that she would make weight. no excuses, idc, you are a professional and until she can do her job i won't respect her. all this time she is complaining about not getting respect she could be on the treadmill.

yes making weight is part of the job, but that doesnt mean she doesnt deserve respect 4 stepping in the cage, and for winning, and you say she MUST make weight or she gets no respect, then you say UNLESS you have an injury a week b4 or something, well how do you know she didnt? are you part of her camp? fighters do try to keep that shit secret.all im saying is i see her getting bashed for mistakes that tons of pro fighters make, and the rest of em dont lose all respect, just her. look at travis lutter, he didnt make weight for the biggest fight of his life, yes some people talked bad about him for a minute, but no1 lost total respect for him, and obviously dana white still had enuff respect for him to still wanna give him big fights. all im sayin is that a fighter deserves respect.

oh and i wasnt argueing the fact that she could beat cyborg or not, jus tired of seeing disrespectful people running there mouths tryna run sumbody into the ground over sum weight cutting problems. you can not like her, cheer for the other girl, talk trash bout her fighting style, or how she looks, talks, smells...all you want, but shes a fighter and she deserves respect. i agree she should make weight everytime, im jus not gonna start tryna discredit everything else she has done if she doesnt make weight. lots of fighters experiment with different weights til they find a comfortable 1 to fight at, im sure she will do the same and eventually find the right weight to be at, or the right way to cut, or whatever the problem shes having may be.

Post #15   9/28/08 3:50:19PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2