Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Evan Tanner ‘Into the Desert’ final blog entry found

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
It’s Tuesday night. Tomorrow I go out into the desert. It has taken over a month to get all the gear together. The preparation for this adventure took far longer than I had expected. I’ve never done this before, so I took my time reading books, studying the land, and researching gear. A few weeks of solitude in the deep desert, and then back to civilization, and back to training.”

The entry above is from former UFC middleweight champion Evan Tanner, who up until his premature death was a regular blogger on Spike.com. The network apparently uncovered the draft post in the dashboard of the control panel — Tanner never published the entry. He was eventually found in the California desert in which he sought solitude, succumbing to heat exhaustion from the searing temperatures that soared above 110 degrees. He was just 37 years old. There is a memorial service in his honor this weekend. Dan Christison provided MMAmania.com with all the details

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   9/24/08 2:34:21PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
I've enjoyed watching Evan for quite a few years now. He will be sorely missed. May he rest in peace.

Post #2   9/24/08 2:47:30PM   

matt_black

MMA Regular

matt_black Avatar

Career:467-269
Chips:
Evan Tanner was truly a testament to the power of the human spirit, i know he's certainly inspired me and will for years to come...

Post #3   9/24/08 2:54:45PM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:
So unfortunate.

Post #4   9/24/08 4:04:39PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358