Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Should pot be legal...

Print  
Should iit?
Yea! 22 43%
NO! 15 29%
I'm high right now! 14 27%
  Page 4 of 7     1     2     3     4     5     6     7  
Posted By Message

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Are you guys crazy!! jk Just because a few people have poor experiences with drugs/alcohol doesnt mean the rest of society has the same problems with abuse. Making/keeping drugs illegal keeps that particular market in the hands of Organized Crime without Government regulation. Making ciggarrettes illegal will not stop ciggarrette use only drive it underground into the hands of organized crime. Look what happened with government prohibition of Alcohol in the 30's. People still drank except all the money went to illegal governing bodies like the mob, instead of generating money for government regulated industry.

I agree the systems we have in place are flawed and there are great rammifications in the medical/social sectors of our society, but prohibtion will not work. Look at cocaine...illegal and yet still widely used. Why not employ Harm Reduction methods (Safe injection sites, Drug Awareness programs) instead of Waging a war Drugs, (by the way from a policing standpoint we have lost)

I'm straight edge, I rarely drink because I train. My friends drink and do drugs occasionally and I do not think flooding our court systems with a bunch of possession charges of recreational users not harming anyone would be socially or econimcally viable for anyone.

I think that attacking the greater social issues of WHY people abuse drugs, ex. poverty, abuse; we can better understand why some people abuse druges, where as the rest of society can manage just fine.

While making things illegal does not stop usage. It greatly diminshes. If it is harder to get less people will get it. If it is illegal some people would morally not do it while if it were legal people would not feel guilty about trying it.

Actually you are quite wrong. I just finished a research paper on the Validity of Safe injection sites and an offshoot of that I did research on hard drug use correlational to crime. If you want I could email you my paper and you can check my sources, they are quite frightening

Post #46   3/9/07 12:53:36AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by madmarck

While making things illegal does not stop usage. It greatly diminshes. If it is harder to get less people will get it. If it is illegal some people would morally not do it while if it were legal people would not feel guilty about trying it.

Actually you are quite wrong. I just finished a research paper on the Validity of Safe injection sites and an offshoot of that I did research on hard drug use correlational to crime. If you want I could email you my paper and you can check my sources, they are quite frightening

Im not sure how what you said is disagreeing with me. Ill send you a PM with my Email so i can read that paper. It sounds intresting.

Post #47   3/9/07 8:22:51AM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:
hm.. i guess im late on adding to this.. but yea.. just saw it.. so..

i blaze
my vote is yes
that is all

Post #48   3/9/07 9:43:09AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
personally....i dont care...ive done my deal with drugs....was incarcirated because of it.....what do i care what other ppl do?! some people get into a cage with trained fighters and get punched 20 - 30 times.....thats obviously more dangerous to health than weed but you support mma?!

Post #49   3/11/07 6:04:19AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

personally....i dont care...ive done my deal with drugs....was incarcirated because of it.....what do i care what other ppl do?! some people get into a cage with trained fighters and get punched 20 - 30 times.....thats obviously more dangerous to health than weed but you support mma?!

i think this is the smartest post yet......Props4U!

you wouldnt like MMA to be illegal would you?

thats what fighters want to do..thats what makes them happy...so why cant we smoke weed if it makes us happy?

of course if you cant handle it then you shouldnt smoke it,but if you are cool and can handle it well like i can,then you should be able to smoke it if you want.

i think if you have not even tried weed for a long period of time you shouldnt be posting in here.....cuz of course,the first time you try it you will TRIP you the f#ck out,and some will prolly stop and judge it on that experience,but if you keep smoking it regularly it will just make you feel good

Post #50   3/11/07 6:46:20AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Your reasoning is flawed IMO. Logically if anyone was allowed to what made them happy we would have no laws. Anarchy would abound as rapist and child molesters would say " hey it makes me happy, who r u to judge? " A better argument would be if it's not hurting anyone but me, I can do it. That's a whole different discussion though as I think marijuana hurts society as a whole. Any way, just felt that needed to be pointed out

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #51   3/11/07 6:56:50AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Your reasoning is flawed IMO. Logically if anyone was allowed to what made them happy we would have no laws. Anarchy would abound as rapist and child molesters would say " hey it makes me happy, who r u to judge? " A better argument would be if it's not hurting anyone but me, I can do it. That's a whole different discussion though as I think marijuana hurts society as a whole. Any way, just felt that needed to be pointed out

ok...from something as simple as sparking up a bowl and having a good time,to being a rapist,and child molester is something totally out of the park.

Alcohol also hurts society....Tabacco hurts society......freaking cars(pollution) hurts Society...Sex..hurts Society...all legal(im not saying i dont support none of these,im just saying its just a risk we have to live with..)

well,im not gonna write a book,since i dont really care if its legal or not,cuz im still gonna buy it and grow it with ease especially living in south texas where you can get 5 grams for $5

Last edited 3/11/07 8:22AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #52   3/11/07 8:19:27AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

we arent asking to make immoral things legal(rape, murder, etc) legal. i agree its going to keep a lot more POS people on the streets but since when is it against the law to be a drain on society? let the POS people do what they want...ive got a career, a baby on the way, and i pay taxes....obviously people like me arent hurting the society.

Post #53   3/11/07 5:00:09PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Once again people disagree on morality, and I think it should be illegal to be a drain on society. I agree some of the things you pointed out ( except sex) hurt society, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Just because OJ got away with murder doesn't mean I should too. In a just world we would both ne convicted of murder. There is enough bad things harmful to health and society , I see no reason to compound it with another.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #54   3/11/07 6:20:13PM   

We_Todd_Did

Standup Guy

We_Todd_Did Avatar

Career:205-129
Chips:
People keep bringing up morality, and I suppose morality is a highly subjective term, but MY morality tells me that the Federal Government incarcerating thousands of people annually for doing something that was of no harm to anyone except (potentially) themselves is inexcusably wrong:

-According to a 2004 Bureau of Justice Statistics survey of state and Federal prisoners, approximately 12.7% of state prisoners and 12.4% of Federal prisoners were serving time for a marijuana-related offense.

source:Bureau of Justice Statistics, Drug Use and Dependence, State and Federal Prisoners, 2004, October 2006

My common sense tells me that the war on drugs is an utter failure, targeted at the symptom rather than the cause, and aiming more at punishing casual users than getting dealers off of the streets:

-There were a total of 1,846,351 state and local arrests for drug abuse violations in the United States during 2005. Of the drug arrests, 4.9% were for marijuana sale/manufacturing and 37.7% were for marijuana possession

source: whitehousedrugpolicy.org

People may argue that it "makes you dumb, lazy, etc.", and that may be true in SOME cases of weak-minded individuals who probably had a predisposition to such faults anyhow. One could also reply to that notion "So what?".How is someone else's dullness or laziness hurting you in your day-to day life any more than the typical faults of the human condition which already exist?I'm not going to attempt to un-brainwash anyone who has fallen victim to misinformation or popular propaganda here because that took years to imbed into the minds of thousands, and I don't have that kind of time.I will say, however, that this McCarthy-esque witch hunt has done countless damage to the lives of many otherwise totally law-abiding citizens (not in every case, but in many), and that does weigh heavy on my conscience for being part of a country which allows such things.If an adult chooses to do something with/to their own body which has no negative repercussions on the next person, why not allow them to make that decision for themselves?

So, basically, I voted yes.

Last edited 3/12/07 6:00AM server time by We_Todd_Did
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #55   3/12/07 5:53:24AM   

FLAMarlins35

Banned

Career:21-22
Chips:
all it does is kill you so go ahead have fun while it lasts

Post #56   3/12/07 8:58:57AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by hippysmacker

ok...from something as simple as sparking up a bowl and having a good time,to being a rapist,and child molester is something totally out of the park.

Alcohol also hurts society....Tabacco hurts society......freaking cars(pollution) hurts Society...Sex..hurts Society...all legal(im not saying i dont support none of these,im just saying its just a risk we have to live with..)

well,im not gonna write a book,since i dont really care if its legal or not,cuz im still gonna buy it and grow it with ease especially living in south texas where you can get 5 grams for $5

Thats why governments are cracking down on Pollution ,, making it harder for people to smoke (no public places where i live). Drinking hurts big time and thats why they have programs like AA to help people who are addicts. Sex hurts no one unless you do it rough.
I think Laws are in place for a reason. Some i agree with some i dont. But i try to adbide by them mostly. Sure some things dont hurt. Like having a few beers when you are 18 instead of 19.

Post #57   3/12/07 9:52:05AM   

hcazlekker

Banned

Career:34-26
Chips:
In 1996, local law enforcement agencies made an estimated 1,467,300 arrests nationwide for driving under the influence of alcohol.
www.drug-rehabs.org

Alcohol availability is closely related to violent assaults. Communities and neighborhoods that have more bars and liquor stores per capita experience more assaults Scribner, R. A., MacKinnon, D.P., and Dwyer, J.H. "The risk of assaultive violence and alcohol availability in Los Angeles County". American Journal of Public Health 3(85):335-340. 1995.

Four in ten criminal offenders report alcohol as a factor in violence.
www.drug-rehabs.org

In 1997, 40 percent of convicted rape and sexual assault offenders said that they were drinking at the time of their crime [Greenfield, L., and Henneberg, M. "Alcohol, crime, and the criminal justice system." Alcohol & Crime: Research and Practice for Prevention, Alcohol Policy XII Conference: Washington, DC, 11-14 June 2000.

2002, more than 70,000 students between the ages of 18 and 24 were victims of alcohol-related sexual assault in the U.S. Hingson, R., Heeren, T., et al. (2002). "Magnitude of alcohol-related mortality and morbidity among U.S. college students ages 18-24." Journal of Studies on Alcohol 63(2): 136-144.

Among spouse violence victims, three out of four incidents were reported to have involved alcohol use by the offender. www.drug-rehabs.org

Alcohol use is frequently associated with violence between intimate partners. Two-thirds of victims of intimate partner violence reported that alcohol was involved in the incident. http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/ac.pdf . Accessed 9.26.03

43% of Americans have been exposed to alcoholism in their families www.drug-rehabs.org

Alcohol is bad, mmkay.

Post #58   3/12/07 1:07:19PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:
hahahahahahahahaha

dont ask me how i came across this.. but..

bj penn high?

check out your boy bj.. i have no sound on this computer so i dont know what they are saying, but he looks high.. his eyes look a little slanty there haha

Post #59   3/14/07 2:49:50PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Once again people disagree on morality, and I think it should be illegal to be a drain on society. I agree some of the things you pointed out ( except sex) hurt society, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Just because OJ got away with murder doesn't mean I should too. In a just world we would both ne convicted of murder. There is enough bad things harmful to health and society , I see no reason to compound it with another.

O.J IS INNOCENT! HOW DARE YOU?!

Post #60   3/14/07 3:03:20PM   

Page 4 of 7     1     2     3     4     5     6     7