Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Should pot be legal...

Print  
Should iit?
Yea! 22 43%
NO! 15 29%
I'm high right now! 14 27%
  Page 3 of 7     1     2     3     4     5     6   >>
Posted By Message

deadcore

MMA Regular

deadcore Avatar

Career:69-52
Camp: FSC Fight Club
Chips:
@shackle: You think alcohol should illegal? Yeah, that worked out really good the last time they tried it. Make pot legal is a good idea but making alcohol illegal is a shitty idea.

Post #31   3/7/07 9:44:52AM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
Why should alcohol be legal? people sit, and drink it all day, and have no life.

They are called alcoholics.

Seriously it's stupid to think beer or alcohol is fine, but pot isn't. Its just how American society sees pot as the worst damn thing on earth.

Also people that like to smoke pot all day on the couch are probably already doing that.

And being lazy isn't true with everyone... I was never lazy when I done it, and we had some good stuff.

I just don't get this "is ok the drink cause it's legal, and or high and mighty government says its ok. But if you smoke pot your a drug head or your a bad person." How in hell does that make since.... thats America for you.

I love America, but we do have a lot of major things wrong with our country... haha at least we are not Russia though guess you can be thankful.

And of course I agree with moderation, and not being able to drive while high.

The sames rules with booze should apply to legal pot.

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by madmarck

If Nick Diaz were here he would vote Yes on your pole.

Hey, hey, Diaz might be a pothead, but he's no pole rider.

I think enough people are high enough as it is, I don't see the point in promoting a drug that goes hand and hand with laziness in America.

exactly! why should it be legal, so teenage kids or young adults can sit in their rooms or basments and blaze all day and not have a job or a life. i don't see why anyone would want to put harm on their body on purpose it's stupid as hell to me.

Post #32   3/7/07 1:49:51PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
Yeah I agree...

But why is Alcohol legal when pot isn't what I was trying to say it makes no since. They affect you about the same way I think alcohol is much worst though.

Why are they not both illegal if pot has to be illegal. I know this has to do with American society, but it still makes no since at all.

Posted by deadcore

@shackle: You think alcohol should illegal? Yeah, that worked out really good the last time they tried it. Make pot legal is a good idea but making alcohol illegal is a shitty idea.

Last edited 3/7/07 1:56PM server time by shackle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #33   3/7/07 1:54:19PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:

Posted by shackle

Why should alcohol be legal? people sit, and drink it all day, and have no life.

They are called alcoholics.

Seriously it's stupid to think beer or alcohol is fine, but pot isn't. Its just how American society sees pot as the worst damn thing on earth.

Also people that like to smoke pot all day on the couch are probably already doing that.

And being lazy isn't true with everyone... I was never lazy when I done it, and we had some good stuff.

I just don't get this "is ok the drink cause it's legal, and or high and mighty government says its ok. But if you smoke pot your a drug head or your a bad person." How in hell does that make since.... thats America for you.

I love America, but we do have a lot of major things wrong with our country... haha at least we are not Russia though guess you can be thankful.

And of course I agree with moderation, and not being able to drive while high.

The sames rules with booze should apply to legal pot.

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by madmarck

If Nick Diaz were here he would vote Yes on your pole.

Hey, hey, Diaz might be a pothead, but he's no pole rider.

I think enough people are high enough as it is, I don't see the point in promoting a drug that goes hand and hand with laziness in America.

exactly! why should it be legal, so teenage kids or young adults can sit in their rooms or basments and blaze all day and not have a job or a life. i don't see why anyone would want to put harm on their body on purpose it's stupid as hell to me.

First off your saying something I never even hinted at, and I said that people who purposly put harm on their bodies are dumb. That includes weed, cigarettes, alcohol, any other drug.

Post #34   3/7/07 2:09:29PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by deadcore

Pot is illegal from what i hear. And the last time alcohol was illegal. My country made millions selling it to yours on the black market. The Prohibiton in Canada wasn't really enforced. and the part I live in wasnt a part of Canada until 1949 so we have never experienced it.

Post #35   3/7/07 2:31:15PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
i hate to ruin all the potheads dreams but i don't think they're going to legalize it because they have no way of checking that you are under the influence at the moment. (DUI) until a breathalyzer for marijuana comes along, it's staying illegal.

Post #36   3/7/07 2:32:06PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by loller90278

i hate to ruin all the potheads dreams but i don't think they're going to legalize it because they have no way of checking that you are under the influence at the moment. (DUI) until a breathalyzer for marijuana comes along, it's staying illegal.

They can do test simliar to the DUI test, like walking along a line and touching your nose. And marijuana is very hard to detect though. But if cops know you are on some kinda drug they will just take you back to the station and make you piss in a cup so they can tell what it was.

Post #37   3/7/07 2:35:18PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by hippysmacker

I voted no , which might make me unpopular, but I will probably make more of you unhappy with this. I think anything that causes you to lose your reflexes or impairs your judgement should be illegal outside of your own home. That includes alcohol/prescription drugs etc.. I used to get high and drink in high school and the beginning of college. I almost died and killed people multiple times while doing so. I'm sure many people handle these things better than I do. Still, your judgement is impaired while on them . Both are also gateway drugs and lead to more hardcore stuff. I was affiliated with the legalize it movement in college, and still have friends that are. I understand all the arguments for and against. The supreme court ruled it legal that people smoking weed in the privacy of their own homes as long as they have less than 4 ounces and no children are present . If people drank and smoked only in their house and kept it to themselves and likewise thinking people then they are fine.Too many people get behind the wheel of a car or do stupid things to people who are not involved in it though. As for medical marijauna use, if people in pain like the effect of it so much , then I would allow a THC pill if I made the rules. All the legalize it people I know insist on smoking it instead, and are against this idea. Seems weird if there first concern was the peoples pain. Well, I don't make the laws so this is all purely academic. In closing , I think it should still be illegal anywhere outside your own home. Bars/restauraunts included. That's my opinion , sorry if you disagree, but it comes from a lot of experience and contemplation

Im with you Hippy smacka! i was the first one to vote no. And with the powerhouses of me and You against it i tihnk other people will do the same.
Pot is illegal. And has much as i love to Drink, Booze should be too. Tobacco for sure should be illegal. The only reason those 2 things aren't is the amount of Tax money that governments make off of them is huge.
If you outlawed them consumption would go down.
And why do drunk drivers only get warnings and shit. I say first time offender 6 months in jail and licese gone for a year. ON the Third strike throw em in jail for 5 and never give them a licsense. That will teach those morons a lesson.

Are you guys crazy!! jk Just because a few people have poor experiences with drugs/alcohol doesnt mean the rest of society has the same problems with abuse. Making/keeping drugs illegal keeps that particular market in the hands of Organized Crime without Government regulation. Making ciggarrettes illegal will not stop ciggarrette use only drive it underground into the hands of organized crime. Look what happened with government prohibition of Alcohol in the 30's. People still drank except all the money went to illegal governing bodies like the mob, instead of generating money for government regulated industry.

I agree the systems we have in place are flawed and there are great rammifications in the medical/social sectors of our society, but prohibtion will not work. Look at cocaine...illegal and yet still widely used. Why not employ Harm Reduction methods (Safe injection sites, Drug Awareness programs) instead of Waging a war Drugs, (by the way from a policing standpoint we have lost)

I'm straight edge, I rarely drink because I train. My friends drink and do drugs occasionally and I do not think flooding our court systems with a bunch of possession charges of recreational users not harming anyone would be socially or econimcally viable for anyone.

I think that attacking the greater social issues of WHY people abuse drugs, ex. poverty, abuse; we can better understand why some people abuse druges, where as the rest of society can manage just fine.

Last edited 3/7/07 2:56PM server time by Jeffanori-Gomi

Post #38   3/7/07 2:53:53PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by loller90278

They can do test simliar to the DUI test, like walking along a line and touching your nose. And marijuana is very hard to detect though. But if cops know you are on some kinda drug they will just take you back to the station and make you piss in a cup so they can tell what it was.

the urine sample can take 1-2 hours, they (legally) can't hold you in prison for that time. it has to be done on the spot like the breathalyzer. and i personally dont agree with those line tests.. if ur faded trust me you can walk a straight line and touch your nose.

Last edited 3/7/07 6:37PM server time by loller90278

Post #39   3/7/07 6:36:43PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
if this guy thinks its cool,then its cool.....got it?

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #40   3/7/07 7:15:40PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Are you guys crazy!! jk Just because a few people have poor experiences with drugs/alcohol doesnt mean the rest of society has the same problems with abuse. Making/keeping drugs illegal keeps that particular market in the hands of Organized Crime without Government regulation. Making ciggarrettes illegal will not stop ciggarrette use only drive it underground into the hands of organized crime. Look what happened with government prohibition of Alcohol in the 30's. People still drank except all the money went to illegal governing bodies like the mob, instead of generating money for government regulated industry.

I agree the systems we have in place are flawed and there are great rammifications in the medical/social sectors of our society, but prohibtion will not work. Look at cocaine...illegal and yet still widely used. Why not employ Harm Reduction methods (Safe injection sites, Drug Awareness programs) instead of Waging a war Drugs, (by the way from a policing standpoint we have lost)

I'm straight edge, I rarely drink because I train. My friends drink and do drugs occasionally and I do not think flooding our court systems with a bunch of possession charges of recreational users not harming anyone would be socially or econimcally viable for anyone.

I think that attacking the greater social issues of WHY people abuse drugs, ex. poverty, abuse; we can better understand why some people abuse druges, where as the rest of society can manage just fine.

While making things illegal does not stop usage. It greatly diminshes. If it is harder to get less people will get it. If it is illegal some people would morally not do it while if it were legal people would not feel guilty about trying it.

Post #41   3/7/07 9:40:23PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

Posted by madmarck

Posted by loller90278

the urine sample can take 1-2 hours, they (legally) can't hold you in prison for that time. it has to be done on the spot like the breathalyzer. and i personally dont agree with those line tests.. if ur faded trust me you can walk a straight line and touch your nose.

Granted, I got this off of COPS, so take it with a grain of salt, but an officer doing a road test on a dude who was smoking meth did a test where he moved his finger between his eyeballs, and said you can't cross your eyes when you're high on pot (the guy claimed he'd been smoking pot, and not meth).

As for the piss test, thats state regulated. In New Hampshire, when you get your drivers licence, you consent to taking blood, urine or breath tests if stopped by a police officer and are suspected of being under the influence. If you refuse to take a breath test or piss test, you're arrested for refusal, which I think is punishable by 60 days in jail and a $1000 fine, so you're probably better off just pissing in the cup and being charged with DUI.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #42   3/7/07 11:47:50PM   

Rich78

MMA Regular

Rich78 Avatar

Career:148-108
Chips:
Here in the England they also do the cross eyed test, and also get you to count to thirty in your head then tell them when you've reached it. If you're high, apparently, you'll get there after like 20 seconds or something. Which I would disagree with; 20 seconds of thinking in my head when baked and my mind turns automatically to biscuit and crisps! Or cookies and chips as the terms are lol.

That said its not big and its not clever and I would certainly never drink or smoke and drive.

Post #43   3/8/07 6:49:32AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm
Granted, I got this off of COPS, so take it with a grain of salt, but an officer doing a road test on a dude who was smoking meth did a test where he moved his finger between his eyeballs, and said you can't cross your eyes when you're high on pot (the guy claimed he'd been smoking pot, and not meth).

As for the piss test, thats state regulated. In New Hampshire, when you get your drivers licence, you consent to taking blood, urine or breath tests if stopped by a police officer and are suspected of being under the influence. If you refuse to take a breath test or piss test, you're arrested for refusal, which I think is punishable by 60 days in jail and a $1000 fine, so you're probably better off just pissing in the cup and being charged with DUI.

In most places the charge for refusing to take a roadside test is actually worse than anyhting you could be on. I believer where i live you will actually ge twice the time by refusing the test where as if you just admit your on somthing you will get not so much time in the slammer.

Post #44   3/8/07 7:58:52AM   

CincySaint

MMA Regular

CincySaint Avatar

Career:93-48
Chips:
Marijuana is like a Weapon, in the hands of the sane it is a fine tool, but in the hands of an idiot it is dangerous. And just like with guns all of the idiots can shoot themselves in the head for all I care. I'll be out back firing up and firing off a few...Im out!!!

Post #45   3/8/07 10:16:26PM   

Page 3 of 7     1     2     3     4     5     6   >>