Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

TUF 8's Antwain Britt to Face Rick Roufus in UWC Main Event

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The Virginia Pilot has a feature piece on up-and-coming light heavyweight prospect Antwain Britt, a fighter who'll be on tonight's debut episode of The Ultimate Fighter 8 and who'll be part of the main event for UWC: Confrontation.

Suffice it to say, I have no idea how far Britt makes it in the show, but I've seen him fight three times live. He has ridiculous knockout power and unheralded showmanship. All three times I've watched him he's waxed his grossly overmatched opponents. How far Britt makes it in the fight game is difficult to forecast, but its clear there is a strong buzz developing around him in this region and beyond:

"I can't say a lot, other than I went out there, I had a lot of fun and I met 31 other fighters," he said.

Fighters lived and trained together before squaring off. The show builds story lines around the inevitable clashes and rivalries that develop in such a testosterone-fueled environment.

"They try to bring in a lot of different personalities in order to get the best effect on camera," Britt said. "Fighters have no problem letting you know they don't like you, but I get along pretty much with everybody.

"They bring in some guys for their character and some guys for their fighting ability. I was one of the guys they brought in because I'm a good fighter."

LINK

Post #1   9/18/08 1:33:57AM