Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rashad Evans next to fight Liddel or Griffin?

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Liddell would kill just about anybody at 205. I think only Lil NOG and shogun match up well with him.

Last edited 1/22/07 9:03PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #16   1/22/07 9:02:41PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:
not necessarily... i dont think the chuck of "now" has really been tested yet. but i do see a quinton jackson test though

Last edited 1/22/07 10:56PM server time by meier

Post #17   1/22/07 10:55:19PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
i think the Chuck of "now" is better than he has ever been, and the Ranmpage of "now" is a different guy. Since the 2nd Wandy Ko he has been less impressive than he was before. I don't know if he just stopped progressing ,and others did, or if it affected him physcologically. Either way he's probably Chuck's next fight. So hopefully we'll have an aswer to that question in about 6 months.

Last edited 1/22/07 11:18PM server time by hippysmacker

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #18   1/22/07 11:11:08PM   

freakozoid

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Rashad had a great outcome in TUF. Matter of fact, he was sort of my favorite specially when he taunted his opponents in his first few fights and straightened out in his last few. Beating guys bigger than him and all. Something to look out for.

Post #19   1/24/07 12:13:01PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

i dont have anything against koscheck...hes from a town about 15mins away from me..we actually wrestled his school waynesburg back in high school...Pennsylvania is known for great wrestlers coming out of high school...if u ever saturday night lights movie...well high school wrestling is like that in pennsylvania...i just dont like fights thats wreslter vs wrestler...i like to wach strikers take on a wrestler to see whose style is more effective...and seriously...lidell would kill rashad

You can't stand Rashad's fighting style, but have no problem with Kos? I will agree that some of Rashads fights consist of a little too much LnP, but Koscheck takes the cake when it comes to blanketing opponents. I was thoroughly unimpressed with his last preformance, all he has are takedowns and a looping right hand prayer. Evans seems to get better every time he fights, he is not afraid to stand and bang (see the Brad Imes (sp?) fight from TUF) has great takedowns, brute strength and controls opponents in a Lindland-esque fashion.

With that being said, he needs a handful of fights before he gets a title, so, IMHO, If Evans can beat: 1. Forrest/Jardine (battle of the TUF fighters)
2. Machida (After he proves himself to US fans)
3. Tito or Babalu (Will be a ground battle)
4. Rampage (or Chuck) (whoever isn't champ)
5. Chuck (or champ AKA Page)

3 and 4 are interchangable depending on how what QJ shows up to the octogon, but if it's the old Rampage then look out LHW's (and WAR CHUCK avenge your only unatoned loss) and of course this is taking for granted that he wins all these fights, but I think that a fighter with his potential should have time to mature so that he can really blossom into the fighter that he can be. Fighters don't only have to be phisically prepared but they have to be mentally prepared as well. Many good fighters have been ruined by beign fed to the big dogs too early (see Nate Quarry or Pawel Nastula), hopefully that won't happen to Rashad.

Post #20   1/24/07 8:10:08PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

i dont have anything against koscheck...hes from a town about 15mins away from me..we actually wrestled his school waynesburg back in high school...Pennsylvania is known for great wrestlers coming out of high school...if u ever saturday night lights movie...well high school wrestling is like that in pennsylvania...i just dont like fights thats wreslter vs wrestler...i like to wach strikers take on a wrestler to see whose style is more effective...and seriously...lidell would kill rashad

You can't stand Rashad's fighting style, but have no problem with Kos? I will agree that some of Rashads fights consist of a little too much LnP, but Koscheck takes the cake when it comes to blanketing opponents. I was thoroughly unimpressed with his last preformance, all he has are takedowns and a looping right hand prayer. Evans seems to get better every time he fights, he is not afraid to stand and bang (see the Brad Imes (sp?) fight from TUF) has great takedowns, brute strength and controls opponents in a Lindland-esque fashion.

With that being said, he needs a handful of fights before he gets a title, so, IMHO, If Evans can beat: 1. Forrest/Jardine (battle of the TUF fighters)

3 and 4 are interchangable depending on how what QJ shows up to the octogon, but if it's the old Rampage then look out LHW's (and WAR CHUCK avenge your only unatoned loss) and of course this is taking for granted that he wins all these fights, but I think that a fighter with his potential should have time to mature so that he can really blossom into the fighter that he can be. Fighters don't only have to be phisically prepared but they have to be mentally prepared as well. Many good fighters have been ruined by beign fed to the big dogs too early (see Nate Quarry or Pawel Nastula), hopefully that won't happen to Rashad.

Good post, I totally agree that Rashad has been improving consistantly. His first fight on TUF 2 was so bad I was shocked by his improvement on the show. Since then his drop to 205LBS. and his constant improvement, and unmdefeated streak make him a potential contender. I'm not certain, but I think he hooked up with Greg Jackson's camp after the show. I know he's with them now anyway, so is Jardine, so that fight's probably out. However, I still think he needs 2 or 3 more wins till he gets a title shot

Last edited 1/24/07 8:24PM server time by hippysmacker

The Iron Code

Post #21   1/24/07 8:23:00PM   

ElGuApO91

MMA Regular

ElGuApO91 Avatar

Career:14-4
Camp: El Guapo
Chips:
rashad is completely overrated he is such a boring fighter to watch he shouldnt get a title shot till he discovers how to gnp

Post #22   1/25/07 1:24:57AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:
Good post, I totally agree that Rashad has been improving consistantly. His first fight on TUF 2 was so bad I was shocked by his improvement on the show. Since then his drop to 205LBS. and his constant improvement, and unmdefeated streak make him a potential contender. I'm not certain, but I think he hooked up with Greg Jackson's camp after the show. I know he's with them now anyway, so is Jardine, so that fight's probably out. However, I still think he needs 2 or 3 more wins till he gets a title shot

You're right, I forgot Rashad was fighting out of that New Mexico camp. I completely uderstand, but it's a shame that fighters from the same camp don't fight eachother. Like I said, I understand, but wouldn't it be great to see Shogun/Wand? (I know they're not from the same camp, but I'm still holding out for Frank vs Ken someday)

Post #23   1/25/07 12:38:55PM   

amik

MMA Regular

amik Avatar

Career:71-38
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I think Rampage if he wins the first UFC combat...

But Griffin it's the best positioned to fight with The Mohican xDDDD

Bye

Post #24   1/25/07 12:41:20PM   

strikefirstgear

MMA Regular

strikefirstgear Avatar

Career:54-37
Camp: StrikeFirstGear
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Rashad said in an article on the UFC site that he would never fight Jardine. Said that if it was presented as the only way to the title he would pass and change to heavyweight.

Post #25   1/25/07 2:07:18PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
It's Chuck vs Rampage first. If Rampage wins then there will have to be another. I think who ever else gets a title shot would have to go through Tito, Babalu, and or Rampage. Probably having to beat two of them. There are a lot of quality guys and there are some great matches. Jardine, Evans, Griffin, and Bisping would have enough warm-ups, if they were able to run that guantlet, to be real contenders. You have to include Machida also. So, here we have 7 guys fighting it out for a title shot plus Rampage presumably getting his first. Even though fans don't want to see Tito or Babalu 3 yet, I feel the fight could be marketed if all these guys square off and eliminate each other. It is just a matter of getting these fights done in time for Chuck to fight them. Get rid of Babalu vs Lambert.

Post #26   1/26/07 3:32:56PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:

Posted by roadking95th

It's Chuck vs Rampage first. If Rampage wins then there will have to be another. I think who ever else gets a title shot would have to go through Tito, Babalu, and or Rampage. Probably having to beat two of them. There are a lot of quality guys and there are some great matches. Jardine, Evans, Griffin, and Bisping would have enough warm-ups, if they were able to run that guantlet, to be real contenders. You have to include Machida also. So, here we have 7 guys fighting it out for a title shot plus Rampage presumably getting his first. Even though fans don't want to see Tito or Babalu 3 yet, I feel the fight could be marketed if all these guys square off and eliminate each other. It is just a matter of getting these fights done in time for Chuck to fight them. Get rid of Babalu vs Lambert.

Unfortunately, I think that Tito will not get another shot at Chuck, he could line himself up for a title shot if the belt changes hands, but unfortunatley for Tito, my guess is, will act as kind of the gate keeper to the UFC's elite LHW's... If you want a shot at Chuck, then you got to get throught Tito first, that kind of thing.

Oh ya, and I agree, babalu and lambert is sort of a onesided matchup, but I enjoy watching Renato whoop on fools, so I'll watch it anyways.

Post #27   1/26/07 3:40:02PM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Camp: duXup
Chips:

Posted by thepitbull00

I think Griffin should fight Michael Bisping for a possible title shot. As far as title shots go I think Liddell's next defense will be against Rampage

Yeh uh Bisping should look to get a little more experience before wasting his perfect record on a top 10 contender.. He's a damn good fighter but lacks experience in UFC.. Its a diffrent world in UFC.

Post #28   1/26/07 5:09:07PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ElGuApO91

rashad is completely overrated he is such a boring fighter to watch he shouldnt get a title shot till he discovers how to gnp

I was wondering if you saw his last 2 fights(Lambert,Salmon)? He finished them both and looks greatly improved.

The Iron Code

Post #29   1/27/07 3:36:08AM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Obviously you missed my point completley....i like KOS cuz im a HOMER....

Post #30   1/27/07 12:03:08PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3