Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rashad Evans next to fight Liddel or Griffin?

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

tamarslay3

Banned

Career:19-11
Chips:
I don't know who should fight him next also Jardine who beat Griffin needs one more win vs someone good again for title contention also?

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #1   1/20/07 9:15:35PM   

thepitbull00

MMA Regular

thepitbull00 Avatar

Career:2,292-1,600
Camp: country KO
Chips:
I think Griffin should fight Michael Bisping for a possible title shot. As far as title shots go I think Liddell's next defense will be against Rampage

Post #2   1/21/07 12:04:10AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,400-860
Chips:
Just some guesses.... Griffin probably would have gotten a title shot if he had beaten Jardine. Now he's going to have to climb the ladder a little bit again before getting a chance at a title. In the event Rashad wins his fight on Thursday vs Salmon he may be just 1 fight away from getting a title shot. Perhaps Rashad vs Jardine, winner gets a shot. In the event Rampage beats Eastman in 2 weeks, they'll probably give him the Liddell fight, a la another Anderson Silva UFC entry: highly touted Pride talent wins an entry fight, then tries for the belt, plus Chuck wants it. Obviously all just speculation hinging on the favorite outcomes of upcoming fights and some good ol' MMA math though... Hopefully they'll do something like that, which means that Tito and Babalu could be open for a fight since no one will want to see Tito vs Chuck 3 or Babalu vs Chuck 3. IMO Tito vs Babalu would be a good match. Now if we could just somehow export Chuck for 1 fight or import Shogun for 1 fight I'd love to see Shogun vs Chuck... but I guess this is a topic for the MMA Lounge forum

Post #3   1/21/07 12:25:45AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Chuck is supposedly out 6 months with injjuries so that gives a lot of time for it to be sorted out. With Rashad and Jardine being on the same team, that probably rules them out fghting eachother. Babalu is supposed to be fighting Lambert next. I think Machida in the picture now is well. I think Rashad could beat Tito. He's got better wrestling , faster hands, and a great Chin. However they do it , I still see Rampage getting the next titile shot.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   1/21/07 3:29:48AM   

DaniL

Learning to Sprawl

DaniL Avatar

Career:195-131
Camp: Cobra Kai Skeleton Crew
Chips:
I think Rashad definitely deserves the next fight with Chuck, but it will probably be given to Rampage. Chuck wants it and they are trying very hard to hype him up. I think Forrest has to work his way back up and Jardine needs at least one more win. Forrest and Bisping would be a great fight though.

Post #5   1/21/07 11:46:22AM   

MeanGreene

Banned

Career:167-99
Chips:
I think Rashad should fight Keith J. and lets go ahead and get Rampage's beat down over with! He better get up with his homeboy Tito and they sit down and discuss some good excuses!!!!!! Crybaby

Post #6   1/21/07 2:11:10PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:

Posted by MeanGreene

I think Rashad should fight Keith J. and lets go ahead and get Rampage's beat down over with! He better get up with his homeboy Tito and they sit down and discuss some good excuses!!!!!! Crybaby

rampage possibly getting a beatdown seems actually somewhat unlikely to me... since he did man handle chuck at pride. but chuck's awareness has developed a bit more since the first fight with rampage.

Post #7   1/21/07 2:21:10PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
Id like to see Rashad fight Chuck....cuz i really hate Rashad "The Human Blanket" Evans..all hes does is lay on people.hes like a blanket covering people..i hate watching his fights cause there soo boring..id like to see liddell knock his head off....fights that involve rashad are known as the i can get up and get a beer bake a turkey and take a dump and not miss anything but some dude laying on a another dude...hes worthless in my opinion

Post #8   1/21/07 10:04:50PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Id like to see Rashad fight Chuck....cuz i really hate Rashad "The Human Blanket" Evans..all hes does is lay on people.hes like a blanket covering people..i hate watching his fights cause there soo boring..id like to see liddell knock his head off....fights that involve rashad are known as the i can get up and get a beer bake a turkey and take a dump and not miss anything but some dude laying on a another dude...hes worthless in my opinion

Didn't see Rashad's last fight then?

Post #9   1/22/07 7:14:54AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

I have to agree with Nate22
He manhandled Lambert with a dominating GNP. No LaynPray that time. It was very entertaing, you may want to watch it(UFC 63 hughesvPenn 2 undercard)

Last edited 1/22/07 4:08PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #10   1/22/07 4:07:26PM   

Drago

Learning to Sprawl

Career:4-9
Chips:
Rashad was a big dark horse coming from Ultimate Fighter.

I think he stands a chance with anyone in his division.

Seriously explosive!!

Post #11   1/22/07 6:54:36PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,400-860
Chips:

If you don't like Rashad... I'd love to hear your opinion on Koscheck

O, btw, Sublime fan?

Last edited 1/22/07 6:56PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   1/22/07 6:56:22PM   

strikefirstgear

MMA Regular

strikefirstgear Avatar

Career:54-37
Camp: StrikeFirstGear
Chips:
Rashads not been very impressive until the last fight but he finished that one nicely. Hopefully he continues to develop his finishing power. He has some seriously good wrestling skills and that has gotten him through.

I would like to see him go up against a Babalu or a Tito before a title shot for sure.

Post #13   1/22/07 8:43:00PM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:
chuck will crush lay and pray Evens

Post #14   1/22/07 8:54:42PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
i dont have anything against koscheck...hes from a town about 15mins away from me..we actually wrestled his school waynesburg back in high school...Pennsylvania is known for great wrestlers coming out of high school...if u ever saturday night lights movie...well high school wrestling is like that in pennsylvania...i just dont like fights thats wreslter vs wrestler...i like to wach strikers take on a wrestler to see whose style is more effective...and seriously...lidell would kill rashad

Post #15   1/22/07 8:57:14PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3