Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Winners of Cro Cop/Overeem, Kharitonov/Mighty Mo to Fight for DREAM Heavyweight Title

Print  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Earlier today, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic appeared on Croatian channel NovaTV (a station who in the past has televised many of the Croat's bouts live for his home nation) and revealed future plans for the fledgling DREAM promotion's heavyweight division. User "loreia" on the Kakutougi forums broke the news with a quickfire translation:

From his interview for NovaTV broadcasted just minutes ago:

"Winners of two HW fights scheduled for Dream.6 will fight for Dream HW title. Those fighter will be: myself and most probably [Sergei] Kharitonov".

link

Post #1   9/15/08 9:55:52PM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,384-1,742
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:
wow, that is great news, I think it'll end up being Overeem and Sergei though, and I'd probably give that fight to Overeem.

Last edited 9/15/08 9:58PM server time by Khaos
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   9/15/08 9:58:09PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
fabulous news

Post #3   9/15/08 10:05:48PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
i hope this isnt a setup for mirko to fight cans untill he retires. I expect mirko to lose to one of them (overeem/kharitonov). win or lose, where does all this leave him? all the best HW fighters are in affliction/UFC. Although i enjoy watching him fight in high def on hd net for free,

Last edited 9/16/08 12:10AM server time by andersondasilva
2 total post edits

Post #4   9/15/08 10:52:11PM   

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
This is great. I'm glad Dream is establishing champions now. They are putting together a strong stable of fighter, and is now time to start creating a face or faces of the organization, much like Fedor, Wand, Gomi, and Hendo were for Pride. I like this promotion and hope they stick around for a long time.

Post #5   9/15/08 11:48:53PM   

WrestlersAssassin

MMA Regular

WrestlersAssassin Avatar

Career:153-86
Chips:
If thats the way its playing out I could see Mighty Mo winning the belt since I see Cro Cop beating Allistar, but I hope to see Mirko with the belt and see him return to the UFC and beat the living poo outtta Kongo.

Post #6   9/16/08 12:01:45AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,763-1,032
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Overeem FTW!

New DREAM Champ

Post #7   9/16/08 12:58:15AM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
CRO COP VS KHARITONOV IS A ******* DREAM MATCHUP

I LOVE DREAM SO MUCH I COULD KISS THEM

(sorry for caps)

Post #8   9/16/08 5:23:31AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I think if Sergei and Overeem fought again it would be no different from their last fight. It just seemed to me that he figured Alistair out after their first fight and knows what he needs to do to beat him now. Overeem is a great fighter but he doesn't really seem to learn from his mistakes, he always has basically the same gameplan and a poor gastank.

I'm hoping for crocop/kharitonov.

Post #9   9/16/08 6:35:55AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:1,961-1,087
Chips:
WAR OVEREEM

Post #10   9/16/08 7:23:59AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

i hope this isnt a setup for mirko to fight cans untill he retires. I expect mirko to lose to one of them (overeem/kharitonov). win or lose, where does all this leave him? all the best HW fighters are in affliction/UFC. Although i enjoy watching him fight in high def on hd net for free,

How is this a set up to fight cans when his next two matches are against top ten opponents in terms of skill.

Affliction has partnered up with Hdnet i believe, both have been known to cross-promote as well.
Cro-cop v. Barnett 4 anyone? lol

Post #11   9/16/08 9:39:37AM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

How is this a set up to fight cans when his next two matches are against top ten opponents in terms of skill.

Affliction has partnered up with Hdnet i believe, both have been known to cross-promote as well.

after the two matches, competition in dream @ hw severely drops off. I just dont want him to lose and fade away fighting cans in japan until he retires. I want to see him back in north america fighting top hw's. A cross promotion with affliciton would be awesome.

Last edited 9/18/08 1:16AM server time by andersondasilva

Post #12   9/18/08 1:14:11AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

after the two matches, competition in dream @ hw severely drops off. I just dont want him to lose and fade away fighting cans in japan until he retires. I want to see him back in north america fighting top hw's. A cross promotion with affliciton would be awesome.

Cro Cop's already said he will be leaving Dream after his 3rd fight. Probably to Affliction from what i'm hearing, and unless Dana offers him what he's offered by other top campanies he won't go back unless his first fight is against Kongo and his second againt GG still with a competitive price.

Post #13   9/18/08 2:09:15PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pookie

Cro Cop's already said he will be leaving Dream after his 3rd fight. Probably to Affliction from what i'm hearing, and unless Dana offers him what he's offered by other top campanies he won't go back unless his first fight is against Kongo and his second againt GG still with a competitive price.

that is where the whole dream heavy weight title coming into play scares me. i dont want him stuck defending some meaningless belt.

Last edited 9/18/08 11:43PM server time by andersondasilva

Post #14   9/18/08 10:17:47PM   

XxChuteBoxexX

Learning to Sprawl

XxChuteBoxexX Avatar

Career:68-56
Chips:
War Mirko!

Post #15   9/19/08 1:53:02PM