Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Diaz Failed Drug Test

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Rich78

MMA Regular

Rich78 Avatar

Career:148-108
Chips:

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow
I think it is almost impossible to set off a fire detector with weed smoking. I have tried b4 with no success.

I disagree, I've accidentally done it before not realising there was one around and nearly shit myself mid j!!!

Post #46   3/6/07 1:19:19PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
This is probably the worst thread in the whole forum. It started out pretty good...and slowly went to crap.

Post #47   3/6/07 1:21:28PM   

Gogoplata

Standup Guy

Gogoplata Avatar

Career:83-45
Chips:
Marijuana can be called dope. Make no mistake about it.

Post #48   3/6/07 1:28:35PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

This is probably the worst thread in the whole forum. It started out pretty good...and slowly went to crap.

this turned into a teen forum really quickly

Post #49   3/6/07 1:30:02PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by illinifighter

did anyone think diaz was just smoking weed to get high and not help his performance cause thats what people usually do and i think we should give him props for still making weight after he got the munchies

Thats what i think it was. Maybe he was gettin stressed out over having a big fight coming up so he had a toke or 2 or 32.

Post #50   3/6/07 2:23:11PM   

SICKRICK

Banned

Career:29-13
Chips:
you cant punish nick for that if anything its takes away from u not inhancements in any way

Post #51   3/6/07 2:25:43PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
he knew he was gonna get tested... and hes a professional athelete.. represent yourself and your sport as you should, and not like a drug user. sure most of us have toked before (me, included -for about 2 years) but we're not professionals in the most growing sport in USA

Post #52   3/6/07 2:28:00PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

he knew he was gonna get tested... and hes a professional athelete.. represent yourself and your sport as you should, and not like a drug user. sure most of us have toked before (me, included -for about 2 years) but we're not professionals in the most growing sport in USA

But what kind of penaly is he gonna get? He is already Medically suspened i have heard. So would he get like a few more months on that or would he simply have that time included.

Post #53   3/6/07 2:32:10PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Chips:
I think the penalty is concurrent with his medical suspension. So no, it does not really matter if he failed his drug test...SO PLEASE DELETE THIS TOPIC

Post #54   3/6/07 2:36:47PM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:

Posted by AchillesHeel

Smoking before a sporting event that imposes drug tests is stupid. If they banned grape juice, you'd be an idiot to drink grape juice before an event.

That said, American drug laws are truly moronic. I mean, it's f'ing weed, not crystal meth. Diaz is a 23-yr-old from Southern Cali. Of course he smokes once in a while...

Nick Diaz is from Stockton California which is where i live and its not Sounthern Cali its Central Cali.

Post #55   3/6/07 3:28:20PM   

The_Crippler

Learning to Sprawl

The_Crippler Avatar

Career:155-77
Chips:
great well im not givin back the money i won ffrom diaz

diaz tho i mean comon broooooo ur a professional athlete not some loser with no life and no future

Post #56   3/6/07 4:46:02PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by Cags85

I just read that a weed violation is only a suspension...thats lame

That's lame? When it's not much worse for steroids? Fighters should be happy if their opponent is smoking weed it might slow their reflexes.

This is not cheating.

Post #57   3/6/07 5:31:29PM   

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by Cags85

That's lame? When it's not much worse for steroids? Fighters should be happy if their opponent is smoking weed it might slow their reflexes.

This is not cheating.

It has nothing to do with marijuana being a performance enhancing drug. It has nothing to do with Diaz "cheating." Marijuana is banned by the NSAC because in the United States of America, marijuana is illegal. It is a controlled substance and if it is found in his system during the mandatory NSAC drug test he will be reprimanded as stated by the NSAC. Drug tests are commonplace for professional athletes and wether you partake in recreational pot smoking or recreational horse tranquilizer injection you risk the consequences of your drug use and now since Diaz chose to ignore the NSAC he will now face those consequences.

Post #58   3/7/07 3:52:00AM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by crimethinc

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by Cags85

This is not cheating.

It has nothing to do with marijuana being a performance enhancing drug. It has nothing to do with Diaz "cheating." Marijuana is banned by the NSAC because in the United States of America, marijuana is illegal. It is a controlled substance and if it is found in his system during the mandatory NSAC drug test he will be reprimanded as stated by the NSAC. Drug tests are commonplace for professional athletes and wether you partake in recreational pot smoking or recreational horse tranquilizer injection you risk the consequences of your drug use and now since Diaz chose to ignore the NSAC he will now face those consequences.

I never said he shouldn't have the consequences. If a fighter is told not to have anything in their system they shouln't. I asked why it is lame that they "only" get suspended when that is the punishment for much worse offenses.

Post #59   3/7/07 4:45:51PM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:
Having tested positive for Marijuana, Diaz faces his incredible submission win over Takanori Gomi being deemed a “No Contest” do to the reported pain reducing qualities of the substance.

Post #60   3/7/07 5:59:31PM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5