Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

DREAM 6 Card Almost Final, Diaz-Mach Off

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
With the announcement of more fights today, DREAM has all but finalized its card for DREAM 6. It was confirmed that Hayato Sakurai will not face Nick Diaz for the inaugural DREAM Welterweight Title (Diaz' camp claims he hasn't been paid for his May fight) and that Yoshihiro Akiyama will be on the card but he doesn't have an opponent yet.

Article

Post #1   9/11/08 3:22:18PM   

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
Diaz is having bad luck as of late. I was looking forward to this fight.

Post #2   9/11/08 4:23:57PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:

Posted by Mchubb316

me too, maybe this fight can happen on the randy/fedor card

Post #3   9/11/08 4:35:04PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by Mchubb316

It's hard for me to say this because I'm a huge Diaz fan, but he hasn't looked good against even mediocre strikers as of late... He barely squeaked the decision out against Aina (sp?) and lost to KJ (who admitidly is better than mediocre) My point is he's been getting fed guys who he should beat handily, but has too much pride or confidence or whatever it is in his standup that he doesn't seem to use his great sub game enough... Personally his fights with Karo and Sanchez were two of my favorite and they were almost totally ground fights...

Sakurai's a big dude, and he hits hard... While I'll admit that he hasn't looked that good as of late either I think he has the edge in the standup and if Diaz doens't sub him, I don't think he'll KO or win a decision over him in Japan...

Tough fight for me to call though because I'm a huge fan of both fighters... What's up with Dream not paying Diaz anyways??? Something stinks in that situation...

ON A SIDE NOTE: Has anyone watched these events on HDNET? I just got my turboHD hooked up and was looking for the event but could only find the half our hype-up show... Don't know if it's just too far ahead yet or what, but it had me al ittle worried... Also, HDnet puts on a whole shitload of MMA, I know this is probably old news to some/most but that is quickly becoming one of mty favorite channels

Post #4   9/11/08 4:52:33PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,736-1,506
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Terrible news I was really looking forward to Diaz / Sakurai. Things just keep going downhill for the events coming up.

Last edited 9/11/08 5:33PM server time by sparky
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   9/11/08 5:31:12PM   

DiabloFreak56

Standup Guy

DiabloFreak56 Avatar

Career:866-586
Chips:
god damn it i was really looking foward to see nick fight saku. but i geuss again not gonna EFFING happen. wow really sucks

Post #6   9/11/08 6:33:31PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
of course its off.. who cares anymore

diaz has fought 2 fights ro something and scheduled 12 this year.. he does have bad luck

Post #7   9/11/08 7:15:12PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
i had a feeling this fight wouldn't pan out, hopefully diaz gets another fight soon.

Post #8   9/11/08 7:27:59PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
i was wondering why i saw mach on the dream 6 card twice. But yeah I remember diaz saying about how he hasnt gotten paid for a fight in Dream.

Post #9   9/11/08 9:28:09PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by Mchubb316

It's hard for me to say this because I'm a huge Diaz fan, but he hasn't looked good against even mediocre strikers as of late... He barely squeaked the decision out against Aina (sp?) and lost to KJ (who admitidly is better than mediocre) My point is he's been getting fed guys who he should beat handily, but has too much pride or confidence or whatever it is in his standup that he doesn't seem to use his great sub game enough... Personally his fights with Karo and Sanchez were two of my favorite and they were almost totally ground fights...

Sakurai's a big dude, and he hits hard... While I'll admit that he hasn't looked that good as of late either I think he has the edge in the standup and if Diaz doens't sub him, I don't think he'll KO or win a decision over him in Japan...

Tough fight for me to call though because I'm a huge fan of both fighters... What's up with Dream not paying Diaz anyways??? Something stinks in that situation...

ON A SIDE NOTE: Has anyone watched these events on HDNET? I just got my turboHD hooked up and was looking for the event but could only find the half our hype-up show... Don't know if it's just too far ahead yet or what, but it had me al ittle worried... Also, HDnet puts on a whole shitload of MMA, I know this is probably old news to some/most but that is quickly becoming one of mty favorite channels

hd net will have it live at about 3 am pacific time(thank you dvr!) spanning about 5 hours long. They will show a replay of the event the following day at about 7 pm pacific time . The replay will be about 3 hours long , cutting out some of the pre fight hype they include during the live showing. I love hd net. Free mma events in high def . cant get any better. Inside mma is a good show also.

Post #10   9/11/08 10:10:59PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Updating the first post, Akiyama now has an opponent-Masanori Tonooka. Tonooka is a relative newcomer to MMA, having less than a year's experience. He has a 1-1 mark so far, he was TKO'd in 90 seconds in his debut at a K-1 HERO'S event in Korea in October, but won his 2nd fight by 1st round KO at DEEP 36 in July.

Post #11   9/12/08 10:16:41AM   

rycanto

Banned

Career:-
Chips:
I didn't want to make a whole new post for this but there are other reports of DREAM not paying their fighters. Read here.

It looks like the foreigners get stiffed the most. This is a bad sign for DREAM if it's true.

Post #12   9/12/08 3:53:43PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by rycanto

I didn't want to make a whole new post for this but there are other reports of DREAM not paying their fighters. Read here.

It looks like the foreigners get stiffed the most. This is a bad sign for DREAM if it's true.

Lol Nick is the only one to have any problems and I don't remember him ever saying that he didn't get paid, people from his camp did, Mayhem said they paid him very well and promptly as did Hellboy. Last I heard FEG was one of the most profitable combat sport promoters on earth.

Post #13   9/12/08 6:43:08PM