Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Where were you on Sept 11th???

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
the majority of the posters are making me feel young around here :/

i was in 8th grade, in class when i heard the world trade centers got hit by planes. i didn't think too much of it because i had no clue what the world trade centers were. when i got home and looked at the footage i couldn't turn it off. my family and i were watching the news for maybe 5 hours in pure disbelief.

Post #16   9/11/08 3:48:07PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:
At school, when I got home thats all I and my family was watching.

Post #17   9/11/08 8:00:02PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,458-907
Chips:
I was at work, doing a job that I hated. My boss permited us to watch the news for the first 30 minutes after the story broke then insisted that everyone get back to work ASAP. The following week when I got my paycheck I was docked 30 minutes of pay from that check...

Post #18   9/11/08 8:28:16PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
in government class in highschool
the school had tvs in every room, but wouldnt let us watch
so ALL my teachers pulled out radios or let us go to other classrooms w/ radio to listen to what was going on
around 11:15 AM CST my dad came & got permission for me to leave school, then i went home & watched the news for about 4 hours & went & coached our girl's soccer team....most lackluster game ever, no one cared

my buddy taped the news that day & watches it every year as if it were live.....i watched it w/ him once.....super creepy

Post #19   9/11/08 8:38:31PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

in government class in highschool
the school had tvs in every room, but wouldnt let us watch
so ALL my teachers pulled out radios or let us go to other classrooms w/ radio to listen to what was going on
around 11:15 AM CST my dad came & got permission for me to leave school, then i went home & watched the news for about 4 hours & went & coached our girl's soccer team....most lackluster game ever, no one cared

my buddy taped the news that day & watches it every year as if it were live.....i watched it w/ him once.....super creepy

So he watched it today. I would say it was creepy.

Post #20   9/11/08 8:43:31PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,821-1,143
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
well first let me say that day changed the world forever

I was asleep with my wife and new 2 week old daughter(1st kid) when repairmen came to fix our shower they told my wife america was under attack I told him shut the f*ck up he was like turn on the TV we were hooked well later that day we had to take the baby for a 2 week check up still to this day I have never drove as far as I did and not seen one car on the road it was like a movie no planes no cars

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #21   9/11/08 9:05:30PM   

WrestlersAssassin

MMA Regular

WrestlersAssassin Avatar

Career:153-86
Chips:
8th grade history....Ironic I know

I went to the bathroom in the middle of class and I come back and people are freaking out, in shock or crying, I said "why's everyone upset?" my buddy pointed at the TV. I thought to myself why are people crying? you likely arnt directly affected by this were 3000 miles away. It must have been empathy for their own safety because thats just obserd to be crying over somethat that has no affect on you directly. It was a tragedy but look at what this "war" slash ethnic cleansing has done to our country, were in an economic downfall and in that sense they (the terrorists) have gotten to us from the inside out instead of more bloodshed, they want you to fear them and thats what America has for that part of the world, which is okay because religious fundamentalism is terrifying and all religions based on deities are devolving and pestilent.

Post #22   9/11/08 9:13:21PM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
New York. More specifically, Long Island, in my 4th grade classroom. My dad was working in Grand Central Station at that time, and my mom pulled me out of school(it was my first year in a new school, first week too, and she knew that I didn't really know anybody and wanted me to be home and safe). Came home, and had no idea what was going on(mostly the fact that I was too young to really grasp whats going on and that my mom wouldn't tell me what was going on)but I realized soon that my entire family was home and my parents/older brother were all freakin out, and me and my little sister still had no idea what was going on. But now that I look back at it, I guess ignorance is bliss.

Post #23   9/11/08 9:53:47PM   

EddieBowers

MMA Regular

EddieBowers Avatar

Career:126-96
Camp: TX Ground and Pound
Chips:
Man talk about feeling old... I was at work (at that time I was workign for Citi) we had people in the WTC's. My wife called me on the phone and told me what happened. i freaked becasue in Dallas we have a small WTC and my dad worked in that building. I tired calling him over and over again, but there phone lines were down. Then I saw on the news that it was the WTC's in NY. Never felt such fear in my life as I did when I thought it was in Dallas. Then we got released because our corporate office in NY felt that we needed to leave and shut down all of our systems.

On the way home driving past DFW airport it was like a Stephen King movie... no planes in the air, they were all downed in the airport. There was no movement there or really on the roads for that matter.

I watched TV all day and all night. I still get sick when I see stuff about that day. It just sucks that it took something that horrific to start bringing this country back together again and to make us stronger.

Post #24   9/11/08 9:54:13PM   

Cdellorso

In Full Mount

Cdellorso Avatar

Career:647-447
Camp: Wild Wind
Chips:
dont feel old..... I was in 27th grade... jst kidding... funny how age is irrelevant
on a site like this.

i was at work at a large national mortgage company. we had tvs and when it started we all watched like zombies in horror and awe- about mid day the VP of the company tells everyone to shut down and go spend time with our families... on my way home i saw people stocking up on gas - people were filling 2 litre pop bottles with gas as all the cans were sold out- later that day a few gas stations raised gas to 450 (and were later fined and ridiculed) It was a sad few weeks- its brought alot of people together. It also brought out alot of scams and people taking advantage of the situation. I try to see the good people, but you cant ignore the bad....

Post #25   9/11/08 10:26:42PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
Thanks guys for replying to my thread....

Post #26   9/11/08 10:33:45PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:
I was in Chemistry class and remember one of the teacher's running into our class screaming frantically, "We've been attacked!!!!....I can't believe it!!!!....My first reaction was she had lost it and WTF does she mean....we've been attacked???? The school has been attacked.....what does she mean?? She then told us to turn on the tv and instantly I was in a state of shock.....I seriously couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Last edited 9/12/08 12:11AM server time by wolfman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #27   9/12/08 12:10:39AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I was in seventh grade, woke up in the morning and instead of captain planet the news was on.
I was too young at the time to truly understand the significance of what had just happened.
All we did that day at school was talk about it.

Post #28   9/12/08 4:16:09AM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:
Sixth Grade homeroom. We are like a couple hours different here in utah so yeah. im watchin the history channel and it is showing that day through people's home videos. it is some of the saddest footage i have ever seen of it. damn those firefighters are tough guys though. it makes you wonder if you have that kind of courage to have to knowingly sacrifice your own life to safe other people. I hope none of us ever have to find out. because i honestly don't know. you have to be in that situation. those are heroes. real heroes.

Post #29   9/12/08 5:44:41AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2