Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Any computer genius's around?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Well thanks for all the advice, im on the family lap top at the moment, as mine now refuses to work at all

It just starts up, then a blue screen with loads of shit comes up but within seconds it restarts and repeats the process. Doesnt matter if its in safe mode or the last good configuration, same shit every time.

Peice of shit.

put in your windows disk and when prompted do a system repair. if that doesnt work you are going to have to reinstall windows and you will lose all the programs on there, but at least the computer will work. sounds like you have a fried hard drive so after doing this youll probably have a working computer for awhile, but it could end up going again much sooner than it would have had this not happened.

Post #16   9/11/08 2:22:59PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,177-636
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Aaronno9

Well thanks for all the advice, im on the family lap top at the moment, as mine now refuses to work at all

It just starts up, then a blue screen with loads of shit comes up but within seconds it restarts and repeats the process. Doesnt matter if its in safe mode or the last good configuration, same shit every time.

Peice of shit.

put in your windows disk and when prompted do a system repair. if that doesnt work you are going to have to reinstall windows and you will lose all the programs on there, but at least the computer will work. sounds like you have a fried hard drive so after doing this youll probably have a working computer for awhile, but it could end up going again much sooner than it would have had this not happened.

Yes, I did this to my Dell PC. I had a virus once and after I reinstalled Windows OS everything was fine. If you still have the Windows OS cd, there is step by step instructions online.

Post #17   9/11/08 6:49:12PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Copenhagen

Throw your PC away, and buy a Mac.

I am in no way a computer expert, but this is exactly what I did,, on the advice of a computer expert buddy who got tired of fixing my comp for me. Since I got a mac almost 2 years ago, not 1 virus ever.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #18   9/11/08 6:57:38PM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
I see you have recieved plenty of advice already. It sounds to me like you have a toolbar conflict on your browser, which is something I deal with all the time at work. In your control panel, go to uninstall programs and search for mywebsearch, or anything similar. If you see this, click on it and uninstall. You can also go to your internet tools, click on advance, and hit the reset button. The worst case scenerio would be to try a known good restore point or a complete reinstall. All of these options do not require any purchases and are solutions I offer every day.

Good luck.

Post #19   9/12/08 12:44:01AM   

JohnnyNapalm

MMA Regular

JohnnyNapalm Avatar

Career:22-14
Chips:

Posted by Copenhagen

Throw your PC away, and buy a Mac.

Exactly.

Mac is where it's at:

Post #20   9/13/08 12:49:20AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
Thanks for all the advice guys, in the end it totally shut itself down so i took it back to the store on the off chance theyd repair it and they've sent it be fixed.

Post #21   9/13/08 2:11:52PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2