Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Evan Tanner Death Confirmed in California

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
i am speechless. He was a one of those guys, too strange to live , too rare to die. RIP tanner. We all love you.

Last edited 9/8/08 11:49PM server time by andersondasilva
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   9/8/08 11:46:29PM   

tooly236

MMA Regular

Career:19-13
Chips:
Terrible news to hear, for anyone that new him and his family and friends my heart goes out to you in this troubling time. I always admired Evan and his drive to please the fans and leave it all in the ring, he truly was a pioneer of this great sport. I struggled with alchol in my life and now what he was going through and why he searched for other forms of addrenaline and inner peace. I know he is in a better place now. R.I.P. Evan, you will be missed

Post #17   9/8/08 11:51:07PM   

otacon279

MMA Regular

otacon279 Avatar

Career:687-409
Chips:
ROFL.

RIP.

420 tanner no doubt.

Post #18   9/9/08 12:16:10AM   

RampageOwnedYou

Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar

Career:493-284
Chips:
wow! I am in shock!

Tanner was one of my top favs of all time. To hear this has really hit me. What more to say, but wow.

Hope Tanner's family can recover from this.

Post #19   9/9/08 2:06:22AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
That sucks, but he knew what he was doing and died following a dream.

I'm probably on of the few people that saw him on PPV in his first UFCs, and I loved the guy because he didn't fight like anyone but himself, and never really adopted a style other than his own. He was a phenomial writer and was very open about himself, which takes a lot of introspection and security to do, and I have a tremendous amount of respect for the guy.

Everyone has demons, but the difference between himself and others was that he lived his life despite them, rather than folding like so many people who suffer with alcoholism. How many alcoholics do you know who could quit cold turkey, never mind quite cold turkey while traiing to fight at UFC level, and come in at his age looking like a million bucks? Win or lose, that fight was utterly amazing for a guy to even show up to in that situation.

My favorite fight of his was actually against David Terrell, because on paper, Tanner should have gotten murdered, and everyone seemed to know it except Tanner. He went in there and proceeded to bully and beat the piss out of a Caesar Gracie Black-belt until he had him in tears. Heres a guy who learned how to grapple off of a videos who just spanked a kid who has one of the most prestigious blackbelts in the world. Absolutely amazing.

Fare well brother! We'll raise the horn together someday!

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #20   9/9/08 2:21:14AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
R.I.P. Evan.

Post #21   9/9/08 2:51:01AM   

DaMaGeInC

MMA Regular

DaMaGeInC Avatar

Career:1,432-959
Chips:
Tanner you will be missed

Post #22   9/9/08 4:28:40AM   

breakdown5

MMA Sensei

breakdown5 Avatar

Career:877-464
Chips:
This sucks. Just the other day I was wondering what happened to Tanner with his adventures into the desert, and now I know and wish that I didn't. RIP Tanner.

Post #23   9/9/08 7:11:43AM   

VictimSix

MMA Regular

VictimSix Avatar

Career:89-62
Chips:
Very sad. His fights with David and Baroni will always stick with me. Tanner and Mezger where the first fighters that I really got into and had a big part in getting my ass into the gym. This drinks for your Evan. Rip

Post #24   9/9/08 8:04:03AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This is too bad.

Hopefully his friends and family can muster the strength to carry-on and pull through all of this. Tanner died doing what he wanted/loved doing.

I can only hope I go out like that one of these days.

R.I.P.

Post #25   9/9/08 8:17:48AM   

scpd400

MMA Regular

scpd400 Avatar

Career:2,333-1,615
Camp: Fury
Chips:
It's a sad day. My prayers go out to any family. God bless

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #26   9/9/08 9:02:34AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

That sucks, but he knew what he was doing and died following a dream.

I'm probably on of the few people that saw him on PPV in his first UFCs, and I loved the guy because he didn't fight like anyone but himself, and never really adopted a style other than his own. He was a phenomial writer and was very open about himself, which takes a lot of introspection and security to do, and I have a tremendous amount of respect for the guy.

Everyone has demons, but the difference between himself and others was that he lived his life despite them, rather than folding like so many people who suffer with alcoholism. How many alcoholics do you know who could quit cold turkey, never mind quite cold turkey while traiing to fight at UFC level, and come in at his age looking like a million bucks? Win or lose, that fight was utterly amazing for a guy to even show up to in that situation.

My favorite fight of his was actually against David Terrell, because on paper, Tanner should have gotten murdered, and everyone seemed to know it except Tanner. He went in there and proceeded to bully and beat the piss out of a Caesar Gracie Black-belt until he had him in tears. Heres a guy who learned how to grapple off of a videos who just spanked a kid who has one of the most prestigious blackbelts in the world. Absolutely amazing.

Fare well brother! We'll raise the horn together someday!

I also read he won the state wrestling title in his jr and sr years when he only began wrestling in his sophmore year.

Post #27   9/9/08 10:07:26AM   

Bumpy

MMA Regular

Bumpy Avatar

Career:792-598
Chips:
R.I.P Evans.

Post #28   9/9/08 12:15:19PM   

hodge

Standup Guy

hodge Avatar

Career:442-256
Chips:
Man this sucks i remember reading the old story in which he joked that he could die if his equipment failed, now reading that it might have actually happened sucks

RIP Tanner

Post #29   9/9/08 1:28:30PM   

JBatch

In Full Mount

JBatch Avatar

Career:779-491
Camp: Triumph
Chips:
Evan seemed to be in a weird place for the last couple of years. I was really hoping the reports were faked or the information was off base. I will really miss Evan Tanner, a true warrior and a life that has once again left us to early.

Post #30   9/9/08 1:56:52PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3