Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

questin

Print  
Posted By Message

teamquestnorth

Standup Guy

teamquestnorth Avatar

Career:821-576
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
i was thinking about this while i was bored at work. I personally think that theres a good chance that lindland could take fedor to a decision at the bodog fight in russia. Now are these going to be russian judges for the fight and and if lindland handles fedor will they let a fellow russian lose to an american? I know its a long shot for lindland to win but i dont want to see him get screwed in a decision like in the rampage fight.

Post #1   3/5/07 5:01:51PM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Career:95-45
Chips:

Posted by greshamfighter

i was thinking about this while i was bored at work. I personally think that theres a good chance that lindland could take fedor to a decision at the bodog fight in russia. Now are these going to be russian judges for the fight and and if lindland handles fedor will they let a fellow russian lose to an american? I know its a long shot for lindland to win but i dont want to see him get screwed in a decision like in the rampage fight.

uhhhhh...... this aint goin to decision

Post #2   3/5/07 5:16:09PM   

teamquestnorth

Standup Guy

teamquestnorth Avatar

Chips:
i really wish we were able to wager on this

Post #3   3/5/07 5:21:42PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Well I wouldn't want to judge it...IF it went to a decision and Lindland won, the judges probably wouldn't make it out of the building, let alone out of the country. They'd be KGB targets.

Post #4   3/5/07 5:29:21PM   

poll77

MMA Regular

poll77 Avatar

Career:29-23
Camp: Team Havoc
Chips:
the deserving winner of the fight will be given the decision...but it will not go that far

Post #5   3/5/07 11:37:56PM   

Berti

MMA Regular

Berti Avatar

Career:1,652-935
Camp: Cat's Den
Chips:
not sure it will make the decision

Post #6   3/8/07 9:05:35PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by greshamfighter

i really wish we were able to wager on this

Why? Betting against Fedor is like calling GSP a douche. It doesnt happen. Its like standing in between Chuck Norris and Chuck Liddell and saying that Chuck is the gayest name in the world. You just dont want to do it. Bad things will happen.

Post #7   3/9/07 8:35:09AM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I think just making it to a decision would up Lindland's stock severely worldwide. Incredibly improbable, but totally within the realm of possibility. I'm almost interested to see what the odds will be. Talk about throwing away money that has the slightest possibility of... god knows, multiplying tenfod? But yeah, a decision would be a moral victory, and most likely a huge contract from one of the big 2, for Matt.

Post #8   3/11/07 11:01:02PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

I think just making it to a decision would up Lindland's stock severely worldwide. Incredibly improbable, but totally within the realm of possibility. I'm almost interested to see what the odds will be. Talk about throwing away money that has the slightest possibility of... god knows, multiplying tenfod? But yeah, a decision would be a moral victory, and most likely a huge contract from one of the big 2, for Matt.

Apparnently Dana said Matt was welcome back int he UFC. I think Lindland wants to be in the shadows if most MMA fans and have a spectautly comeback after defeating the worlds "best".

Post #9   3/12/07 9:12:11AM   

SICKRICK

Banned

Career:29-13
Chips:
there is no way in hell linland wins that fight if he wins that fight then i will eat dog shit lol.. but seriously he has no chance

Post #10   3/12/07 9:14:50AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
Greshamfighter has to back Linland, it's his home town hero. But having seen the outcomes of the last few events around the world it isn't that far out to think he might win. Now to answer his question, the weekly bodog fights in russia on ION have had an international judges panel. So that fight will probably be the same. No matter where the judges are from, if it goes to the cards and it is close, it will likely go to fedor. That is just the nature of things. Matt would have to be pretty far ahead to win a decision. However, he does have the tools to beat a fighter like Fedor. He has the knowledge, they have similar records facing equal calibur opponents, just in different promotions. I think he was a good pick to put against fedor and his chances are better than most. Fedor kicks ass but I believe his god like reverence comes from people looking at his record, and not the larger picture. Everyone loses. No one thought Matt Hughes could lose until he did. Then his bounce back match was leaving much to be desired. I am not certain right now if I would put my money on the Law, but I certainly wont count him out.

Post #11   3/16/07 4:57:10AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Lindlands great , but I think he has bitten off more than he can chew this time.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #12   3/16/07 10:17:56AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Lindlands great , but I think he has bitten off more than he can chew this time.

Kinda like he did when he fought Rampage

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #13   3/16/07 1:26:14PM   

ryderstrong69

MMA Regular

ryderstrong69 Avatar

Career:441-287
Camp: Cat's Den
Chips:
sure it will

Post #14   3/17/07 11:26:04PM   

teamquestnorth

Standup Guy

teamquestnorth Avatar

Chips:
that picture just reminded me of the 30 seconds that rampage was winning that fight. at that point in the fight i was grabbing a beer and waiting for the bell to ring so limdland could get his hand raised

Post #15   3/19/07 2:39:29PM